Oh my god watching Cody in the pocket is just maddening

Garbrant is kinda one dimensional, or at least has a fundamental flaw that Tj has clearly got figured out. It was practically the same punch that put him down the last time, he throws the big hooks and Tj is catching him and he keeps walking right into it

Makes you wonder how Dom lost to him...

Garbrant is kinda one dimensional, or at least has a fundamental flaw that Tj has clearly got figured out. It was practically the same punch that put him down the last time, he throws the big hooks and Tj is catching him and he keeps walking right into it

Not sure I would call it a fundamental flaw so much as a specific one. I mean look at the Cruz fight, Cody was not leaving the same openings there he was vs TJ. Perhaps the personal fued is part of it BUT I think its also a case that TJ's aggression had Cody worried, when your seriously in danger of being finished at any moment though by someone pushing forward its natural to become more aggressive yourself.

What comes to mind for me is Fedor/Crocop back in the day, Mirko was almost always so calm and well timed in his prime yet Fedor had him looking hurried and sloppy several times because he was putting him under so much pressure.

Cody has worked with his Uncle on his boxing since around age 15

Looks like it might be time to expand his training

I also think that Cody was reaching in his striking because he wanted to knock TJ out that bad. Let emotion take over and it cost him

Cody has all the talent in the world but he needs to get his mind where it should be

Not sure I would call it a fundamental flaw so much as a specific one. I mean look at the Cruz fight, Cody was not leaving the same openings there he was vs TJ. Perhaps the personal fued is part of it BUT I think its also a case that TJ's aggression had Cody worried, when your seriously in danger of being finished at any moment though by someone pushing forward its natural to become more aggressive yourself.

What comes to mind for me is Fedor/Crocop back in the day, Mirko was almost always so calm and well timed in his prime yet Fedor had him looking sloppy several times because he was putting him under so much pressure.
Whatever it is, emotion, style, coaching, iq, he just keeps making the same mistakes with the wild hooks... tj has got his number

He's not a one dimensional fighter

He has a bunch of skills that he chooses not to use because his boxing was supposed to be the best

A potential problem Cody may face even more than controlling his emotions is his slow recovery time. Even after a minute, that first sequence still had him shook. Yes, he was back on his feet but that glazed-over look betrayed the fact that he was no longer acutely aware of his surroundings and his response time showed it when he got countered again. The greatest and most durable fighters somehow learn how to shake off and deal with getting rocked during a fight.

He has a bunch of skills that he chooses not to use because his boxing was supposed to be the best
He just wings hooks and repeatedly ate pretty much the same punch that cost him last time. He needs to switch up his coaching or just be smarter but he didn’t learn from his mistakes. It’ll be interesting to see where he goes from here. He’s young and talented, just maybe a little too reliant on his power punches but he’ll be back

He just wings hooks and repeatedly ate pretty much the same punch that cost him last time. He needs to switch up his coaching or just be smarter but he didn’t learn from his mistakes. It’ll be interesting to see where he goes from here. He’s young and talented, just maybe a little too reliant on his power punches but he’ll be back

Cody looked great against tj the first fight, and looked like a phenom in every fight up until this one. Every geek pretending that Cody is some low level in fighter because tj murdered him is incompetent. Now you guys are acting like Cody was Ronda in hindsight? Dude...he absolutely tea bagged cruz for 5 fucking rounds.

Tj is a lunatic and figured out a way to make him his bitch. Tj would pull cruz’s underwear over his head in a rematch too. This isn’t a case of Cody being bad, it’s a case of tj being end boss.
I haven’t exercised in 7 months. I have no doubts that I could get out of this gaming chair and drop Cody like a sack of shit.

I thought I was watching UFC 3 gameplay.

Dj4LVHqXcAAr5k4.png

I haven’t exercised in 7 months. I have no doubts that I could get out of this gaming chair and drop Cody like a sack of shit.
Sniff your computer chair. If it smells more like shit than fabric then not only would garbrandt beat your ass, but he’d relegate you to sitting there permanently.

obviously mma fans don't know the difference between and overhand punch and a hook

No, throwing the same punch three times that missed two previous times thrown is smart if you have a dumb opponent now.

Exactly, a dumb opponent like a video game bot that will keep coming forward right into your attack, or perhaps someone who would consider neck tats a wise descison.

Eddie was bigger too

Same height, Eddie slightly leaner and more muscular, MacGregor with the larger frame (bone structure) and reach/length (74 inch reach vs 69).

While in pictures Eddie looks way bigger in person thanks to frame and reach Conor seemed bigger.

You wanna find out how good Cody really is?

Make him fight Jimmie Rivera

Back