Oh my god watching Cody in the pocket is just maddening

They're both alpha male dopes. Why are people gushing about TJ when he is nearly getting KOed in both fights, taking the same stupid, bush-league risks as Cody?

Conor would’ve knocked his neck tats clean off
Of course he would. He would be the bigger man. Conor only wins when he can bully the smaller man. The one time he faced a legit grappler and man bigger than him?

diaz-1-2.gif

pls someone post the gif for me

But i swear to god it looked like the punch tj intially clipped him with landed when TJ threw the exact same hook 3 TIMES IN A ROW and fucking hit him with the last one while Cody stood in the pocket like a jabroni! LOL

Just zero fighting iq

Edit

Hate to do this, but Cody has the TAM doctrine ingrained in him of "swing the overhand right". The irony is TJ first won the belt from Barao using a technique
Of course he would. He would be the bigger man. Conor only wins when he can bully the smaller man. The one time he faced a legit grappler and man bigger than him?

diaz-1-2.gif

Eddie was bigger than him

diaz-1-2.gif
Eddie was bigger too

diaz-1-2.gif
Eddie was bigger too

I thought for sure Cody was gonna give TJ the wheck this time but then all a sudden TJ gave Cody the wheck again!

Cody has some of the worst fight iq I've ever seen. He's more talented than TJ, but gave TJ both those fights.

Cody has some of the worst fight iq I've ever seen. He's more talented than TJ, but gave TJ both those fights.

But i swear to god it looked like the punch tj intially clipped him with landed when TJ threw the exact same hook 3 TIMES IN A ROW and fucking hit him with the last one while Cody stood in the pocket like a jabroni! LOL

Just zero fighting iq

Edit

Yeah Cody has tons of talent and athleticism, but no composure.

2 fights in a row now he starts off good, gets too eager, and just starts swinging for the fences.

Just zero fighting iq

Edit

Does he seem like an intelligent person to you?

Cody is from the church of Just Bang Bro. He's just doing what comes naturally.

Also he would KO 90% of this forum ( the 10% left being plat members and pro fighters of course. )

It reminded me of Overeem getting dropped by Travis Browne who was throwing the same kick 12 times in a row.

They're both alpha male dopes. Why are people gushing about TJ when he is nearly getting KOed in both fights, taking the same stupid, bush-league risks as Cody?

There are taking risks and theres foolhardiness, Cody chasing TJ got two warnings before he was finally dropped.

There are taking risks and theres foolhardiness, Cody chasing TJ got two warnings before he was finally dropped.

I get that TJ got the last word two times now, believe me..... My point though, is that he was eating huge shots in both fights, nearly getting finished in that first meeting. Both guys are fighting stupid; planting their feet, squaring up and committing to 4-6 punch exchanges. I know that Sherdog will struggle to understand this, because 'huh??.. TJ won!!', but that wasn't smart boxing.

I get that TJ got the last word two times now, believe me..... My point though, is that he was eating huge shots in both fights, nearly getting finished in that first meeting. Both guys are fighting stupid; planting their feet, squaring up and committing to 4-6 punch exchanges. I know that Sherdog will struggle to understand this, because 'huh??.. TJ won!!', but that wasn't smart boxing.

Aggression(TJ rarely if ever threw 4-6 punch combos though) itself isn't "stupid" I would say, we just saw the mighty duck lose his belt with a wimper fighting "smart", whats less smart though is raging after someone even after they've tagged you twice in seconds on the counter only to get tagged and dropped the third time.

Last edited:
Looked like my son and I when we play undisputed3 together... son spams hooks lol

Also my son is 5...

diaz-1-2.gif
conor has beaten nate in more rounds than nate has conor.

Aggression(TJ rarely if ever threw 4-6 punch combos though) itself isn't "stupid" I would say, we just saw the mighty duck lose his belt with a wimper fighting "smart", whats less smart though is raging after someone even after they've tagged you twice in seconds on the counter only to get tagged and dropped the third time.

You think it's smart aggression, I don't. Nothing more to add I guess.

and that was what clearly DIDN'T happen in this fight. he got stunned once and that was it. "nearly getting KOed". jesus

You think it's smart aggression, I don't. Nothing more to add I guess.

You posted....

Sorry but this is NOT what TJ did in either fight, indeed I believe the actual finishes are the first combo he throws longer than 2 shots in either fight. That to me seems like strong judgement about when to throw combo's, the first time he realises he has the drop on Cody with the third punch on the inside and the second Cody is obviously almost finished.

To pick Dillashaw as someone especially prone to being flat footed in MMA just seems like a very strange criticism to me, he's very mobile. Granted he is aggressive vs Cody but I think a lot of that is dictated by Cody's own style, his whole game is basically aggressively stalking opponents and the response to that is naturally to try and step forward and time your own offence. I mean look at Cody/Cruz, we know Dom is someone who really does not like lead yet in that fight he found himself consistently having to but often not in the best situations. The reality is that TJ's aggression is not flat footed in either match, its very mobile with a lot of foot/head movement looking for opening from many different angles and even the two shot combos he throws he's still moving.

The reality I'd say is simply that Cody is a very dangerous guy indeed, pre TJ he'd finished 9 of his 11 fights and hurt every single opponent he'd ever faced. The weakness to committing to aggressive combo's though is much more true of him than it is TJ and its what cost him both times. Even then though I don't think this is an absolute glaring issues like say Lineker, its something you need to draw out of him.

Last edited:
Cody has shitty fight IQ. He’s kind of like Ronda, he either beats the fuck out of you or looks lost because he can’t win
Cody looked great against tj the first fight, and looked like a phenom in every fight up until this one. Every geek pretending that Cody is some low level in fighter because tj murdered him is incompetent. Now you guys are acting like Cody was Ronda in hindsight? Dude...he absolutely tea bagged cruz for 5 fucking rounds.

Tj is a lunatic and figured out a way to make him his bitch. Tj would pull cruz’s underwear over his head in a rematch too. This isn’t a case of Cody being bad, it’s a case of tj being end boss.

Back