1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social Oh Dear Mr. Gruden-Raiders coach gone.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by cooks1, Oct 12, 2021 at 6:44 AM.

?

Gruden out- 10 year old bigoted emails rants do him in. How do you feel?

1. Fuck him. Keep your bigotry to yourself if you are making millions as a coach and commentator.

41.1%
  2. 10 Years ago. Does not matter. He should have tried to ride it out.

13.4%
  3. Well, it's bad. But he should not have to quit over it.

18.8%
  4. Just another sign that the woke mob is ruining the country,

27.7%
  5. Personal emails should not be released publicly without consent. They are private conversations.

25.9%
  6. Fuck you Cooks1. Not the least bit surprised to see this from a sheep like you.

9.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. evergreenrider Honky-tonk Hero's

Fluffernutter likes this.
  2. shockaholic12 Black Belt

I disagree that this could be a distraction ploy by the WFT. If anything, the Gruden story has only brought the Washington team’s past sexist work place issues back into headlines. Panelist on all the biggest sports platforms and shows this week have been tying the emails back to this investigation and what the bigger issues are. The WFT owner is constantly now being discussed and now people are calling for all the emails to be released. From the coverage I’ve seen in the last two days on ESPN’s flagship shows, Gruden is mentioned less than the WFT.

Two weeks ago the WFT and their legal woes was not something anyone was talking about. This is been a very bad incident for them.

eddymotto and koquerelle like this.
  3. shockaholic12 Black Belt

cool. If he would have just cracked this joke in some locker room and was just a player he could probably skate by. But he signed up for a position where is paid lucratively to be both a coach and the public face of the franchise that makes a large portion of it’s profits, the profits that pay his large salary, from national corporate sponsors running ads on family friendly network tv and then put this shit in writing and sent it outside the locker room.

If you can’t handle the big responsibilities you might not keep getting that big pay check.

eddymotto and brackis1 like this.
  4. kenetics Gold Belt

Ya we should be allowed to send racist rants through work emails!! If we cant, were soft!! (Rolles eyes)

James Bomb and brackis1 like this.
  5. shockaholic12 Black Belt

this is a very stupid take. This Gruden story took less then a couple days for it to shift to the big picture of the WFT’s lawsuit and issues of how the NFL has handled it and brought ten fold more attention to it then it ever got before the Gruden thing broke. All the big ESPN panels I’ve seen the last couple days have barely commented on Gruden and only do such as memes to dive deep in the dark details of the WFT issues and how they are being mishandled by the league.

This was very bad for the WFT and NFL and calling it a distraction tactic is complete opposite of reality. Only suckers here are the ones who gobble up idiots like Shapiro’s “hot takes” instead of using common sense.

eddymotto likes this.
  6. brackis1 Steel Belt

Wherein a bunch of 80s car owning hotmail users cry about why they can't send racist emails without repurcussion.

7. brackis1 Steel Belt

You're right; they aren't illegal.
    Which is why Gruden hasn't been arrested.

Holy hell the sped bus is full today lol. (I'd be fired if I said this on work email)

James Bomb likes this.
  8. ShadowRun error Platinum Member

9. rpn453 Brown Belt

That's unfortunate. I like the guy as a coach and commentator.

I'm sure I'd laugh and not think twice if I heard him personally say all the shit in the e-mails. I say plenty of non-PC things when I'm angry or ranting. Most of the guys I know do. But it was dumb to put it on permanent record.

To paraphrase Don Cherry: "That's two minutes for being stupid, Jon."

10. Archie Goodwin Confidential Assistant and Legman Extraordinaire Platinum Member

Hey, do any of y'all rememember when America was led by men instead of [email protected] pussies?