Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

Are the Series X controllers any better. I like the feel of them and everything, but the L3 always seems to break from using the sprint button. I've never actually broken one, but one of my friends has broken 6 or 7 of them by blowing out the L3 button when we play NHL.

He would always return them for me when he breaks them as I kept the receipts, but I tell him to bring his own controller if when he comes over to game now. I have a 1st gen elite controller, but that ended up with stick drift, so I don't use it any more. I was just wondering if these new base controllers are more durable.

I really like the new one. The only issue I had with mine is that the right trigger would feel sticky. I looked it up and found this fix.

I didn't want to wind up taking it apart so I tried this and it worked like a charm.

Last edited:

Just when I thought I was out...

Well, there goes my Winter...

Dolby Vision for Gaming now is available for everyone with Series S and X consoles. Over 100 titles supported either available now or coming soon including Halo Infinite.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09...cid=Evergreen_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_9.28.1

• Gaming in Dolby Vision launches today on Xbox Series X|S. More than 100 next-gen HDR titles optimized for Series X|S are available now or coming soon in Dolby Vision.
  • In addition, thousands of classic HDR10 and Auto HDR games will benefit from improved picture quality through new Dolby Vision enhancement on Xbox Series X|S
  • Xbox Series X|S are the first game consoles to support gaming in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, which enhance gameplay with both full-spectrum visuals and immersive audio.
  • Dolby Vision is compatible with next-generation features available on Xbox Series X|S such as DirectX Raytracing, Automatic low-latency mode (ALLM), Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and up to 120FPS.

Scarlett Nexus coming to gamepass.

Nice wanted to give this game a try without paying for it. So much on the service I want to play right now I'm afraid stuff will start leaving before I get a chance to beat it.

Tokyo Game Show 2021 Xbox stream!

Tango Gameworks are already at work on thier next game
https://www.ign.com/articles/tango-gameworks-new-game-after-ghostwire-tokyo

As fans continue to wait for the release of Ghostwire: Tokyo from Tango Gameworks, studio founder Shinji Mikami has revealed another new title is already in the works, and it's being led by Evil Within 2's director.

Mikami appeared in a video with Xbox head Phil Spencer as part of Microsoft's livestream event during the first day of Tokyo Game Show and hinted at a new title, saying that John Johanas, the director of The Evil Within 2, is working on it.

Mikami mentioned Johanas when prodded by Spencer to talk about the Tango Gameworks' philosophy of fostering young new talent: "Right now John is in the middle of working energetically on a new game," Mikami told Spencer.

Mikami did not drop any further hints on what type of game Johanas may be working on. Due to Microsoft's purchase of Bethesda Softworks' parent company, ZeniMax Media, and its studios last year, it's likely whatever title Johanas is hard at work on is being developed with Xbox platforms in mind.
Click to shrink...

Last edited:
Seeing the comments about Japan from Phil is awesome. I want to see some numbers in comparison to PS5 adoption. When I was in Japan back in 2017 I actually wound up meeting a woman that was a pretty big gamer. She was really into the Bethesda games (mainly Fallout) and told me that they had a pretty big following in Japan. She was playing on PS4.

I wonder how much MS buying Bethesda is going to help them in some of these markets? PS5 isn't really popular at all in Japan and legacy franchises like Final Fantasy are selling less and less. Nintendo has a firm lock on the country and unless Sony can deliver a portable/hybrid system they are going to be perpetually fighting for #2 in their home territory against XBox.

As a person that only owns a PS5, I have to say, MS definitely has my attention. Between Gamepass, the hardware itself and Sony getting a little too woke for my tastes, I'm seriously considering selling my PS5 and getting a Series X..

Seeing the comments about Japan from Phil is awesome. I want to see some numbers in comparison to PS5 adoption. When I was in Japan back in 2017 I actually wound up meeting a woman that was a pretty big gamer. She was really into the Bethesda games (mainly Fallout) and told me that they had a pretty big following in Japan. She was playing on PS4.

I wonder how much MS buying Bethesda is going to help them in some of these markets? PS5 isn't really popular at all in Japan and legacy franchises like Final Fantasy are selling less and less. Nintendo has a firm lock on the country and unless Sony can deliver a portable/hybrid system they are going to be perpetually fighting for #2 in their home territory against XBox.

As a person that only owns a PS5, I have to say, MS definitely has my attention. Between Gamepass, the hardware itself and Sony getting a little too woke for my tastes, I'm seriously considering selling my PS5 and getting a Series X..

Ps5 is away ahead in Japan. Not really sure why MS wants to focus on that market but I'm not mad about it. More Japan games on GP is always great for me. Switch is dominating of course.

As of a couple of weeks ago there had been 95k Series S/X consoles sold in Japan in less than a year. As a comparison the One series of consoles have only sold 140k in 8 years since its release.

Has anybody played The Artful Escape? I thought it was really cool. It's an Xbox Exclusive and on Gamepass. As somebody who plays guitar, likes heavy metal, and can appreciate sci-fi this was right up my ally. It looks great on the Series X too. The gameplay isn't too deep to say the least, but the overall experience is quite unique.

Has anybody played The Artful Escape? I thought it was really cool. It's an Xbox Exclusive and on Gamepass. As somebody who plays guitar, likes heavy metal, and can appreciate sci-fi this was right up my ally. It looks great on the Series X too. The gameplay isn't too deep to say the least, but the overall experience is quite unique.

No, but I do love the artwork's homage to the legendary sci-fi/fantasy film Brazil.

eed4310092651e9f5b48760010264645.jpg

The kinect is back..... sort of...

Sky TV announced some new tv's they are calling the Sky Glass series but they also will have available a separate 4K camera kinect device which has been developed with Microsoft for games on the Sky service with those TV's

https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...ct-is-back-sky-glass-tv-smart-camera-features

I freaking LOVED Kinect Golf! My older brother and I would WAGE WAR on that game! He'd always risk it for the biscuit and sometimes would crush me and sometimes he'd end up in the lake! :)

Back