Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the only hope to breathe some life into WFW is for a few of us Sherdoggers to identify as women and cut to 145. Probably more viable than just hoping that fighters start coming out of the woodwork. Then again, Ms. Harrison could be tearing it up in the UFC WFW by this time next year. Help us, Obi Wan Harrison. You're our only hope!

In my case, cutting to 145 would entail actual cutting. As in, the removal of multiple limbs.

What do you think about steroid accusations made by Carla regarding her?

I think it’s foolish to simply dismiss the thought of any fighter being on some sort of PED. Torres is extremely muscular, but I have seen pictures she’s posted from her childhood, and she’s literally been unusually muscular since she was in grade school, if not before. I find it rather implausible that she was using back then, so it lends a bit of credence to the idea that her muscle is due to genetics and hard work.

I think it’s foolish to simply dismiss the thought of any fighter being on some sort of PED. Torres is extremely muscular, but I have seen pictures she’s posted from her childhood, and she’s literally been unusually muscular since she was in grade school, if not before. I find it rather implausible that she was using back then, so it lends a bit of credence to the idea that her muscle is due to genetics and hard work.

Esparza responded to Tecia's message with pictures as well.
She was VERY detailed, especially about their time on TUF

If pictures were sufficient, then there would be no need for expensive drug testing. Professional fighters should act like professional fighters, not like Sherdog posters from the main or high school freshmen girls (remarkable similarities between the two groups) pissed at another girl that does not like the "cool club" or whatever kids call it now (remember, I am old).

There are avenues that a fighter can follow that result in things being done. If she has actual evidence she can provide it to USADA and the UFC for example. Oddly enough, this has never happened to my knowledge. Spreading rumors and shit-talking is so much better. Particularly when you say "I heard" or "I don't wan't to make any accusations but . . ." If you cannot even own the shit coming out of your own mouth, keep the damn thing closed.

Did none of these people have any parents for fuck's sake?

And while USADA sucks on many levels, Tecia is one of the most tested females and there has never been a hint of irregularity. A responsible adult should give them the benefit of the doubt until there is an actual reason to think otherwise.

In my case, cutting to 145 would entail actual cutting. As in, the removal of multiple limbs.

I remember when I last made that weight. 148 actually. My freshman year of high school. I could not make it the second semester.

:)

Where do you get from that article anything supporting the idea that we are waiting for Rose to get over PTSD before she'll fight? (Other than innuendo by the article author?)

The article said Rose had a neck injury too. didn't it. Where was your mention of that? How come you ignored that? Was it because you like the idea of bashing Rose's adverse emotional reaction more than considering that she actually has some real physical rehabbing to do (as she herself has said) before it is physically safe for her neck for her to fight?

Rose has been travelling... she showed up at UFC Denver, for example. Even did a media scrum there. How did she do that while hiding out?

She is from Denver...

Could this be a sign?

Rose Namajunas vs Nina Ansaroff, make it happen Dana...
Why are they even asking for next oponnents for Rose and Khabib?
Rose should fight no 1 contender called Andrade and Khabib no 1 contender called Tony Ferguson, how complicated it is?
WSW division is extremly stagnant right now, only Tecia is booked if we talk about top 10.
I don't know why there's no announcment for Kowalkiewicz/Waterson for UFC 235, what's point to wait, 3 months to event...deal is not done yet?
Also Nina vs Tatiana should be offcial title eliminator, same card as Rose/Andrade...
Nina and Tatiana were asking for Joanna last time I remember, I don't understand contenders not asking for title fight after winning fights, amataur hour /facepalm. And Rose is not better as champion. Too many athletes and mixed martial artists in this division, not enough prizefighters.

What do you think about steroid accusations made by Carla regarding her?

I think Yamasaki or Perceval need to ref all of Carla's future fights.
She might then have the plausible excuse of brain damage for all the stupid shit she says.

TT has gone back to ATT for her fight camp, I think this is a good move.

Good. I get why she moved to Colorado, but I think leaving ATT was a big mistake.

I do not. Meaning, I have no idea why she moved. Care to share?

Tecia wanted to be closer to Raquel. She had finished obtaining her masters degree in criminal justice and had some flexibility in where she chose to live.

Tecia wanted to be closer to Raquel. She had finished obtaining her masters degree in criminal justice and had some flexibility in where she chose to live.

Ah, OK. For some damn reason I thought they were both at ATT. Thanks.

Raquel wouldnt leave Colorado Springs cause she didnt want to leave her mom there, so Tecia moved to be there with Raquel.

Only problem is in Colorado Springs they have very little mma training, there is a olympic center there so they have been training their boxing there, not sure if they have wrestling there too but they might.
So as far as mma training went they have to train eachother, that´s why Raquel kinda took the role of headcoach for Tecia.

For them to do any mma they had a good 2-3 hour round trip to go to Denver. So overall it was far from an ideal scenario for them training wise.

Yo Karina Rodriguez is scheduled to fight at Invicta FC 34 Feb 15

and Combate Americas is planning to schedule Melissa Martinez for a February 8 event

Raquel wouldnt leave Colorado Springs cause she didnt want to leave her mom there, so Tecia moved to be there with Raquel.

Only problem is in Colorado Springs they have very little mma training, there is a olympic center there so they have been training their boxing there, not sure if they have wrestling there too but they might.
So as far as mma training went they have to train eachother, that´s why Raquel kinda took the role of headcoach for Tecia.

For them to do any mma they had a good 2-3 hour round trip to go to Denver. So overall it was far from an ideal scenario for them training wise.

They have wrestling at Co. Springs. TKD and Judo as well, depending on the time of the year.

At least in my opinion Raquel Pennington & Tecia Torres need to
move to South Florida to train at American Top Team since that is
a one stop gym for everything except for Karate,Judo & other martial
arts that ain't BJJ.

I think Yamasaki or Perceval need to ref all of Carla's future fights.
She might then have the plausible excuse of brain damage for all the stupid shit she says.

How about post some of this alleged 'stupid shit' so we can talk about exactly how stupid it may or may not be?

Or a better idea: We can talk about how easily Carla would defeat Val and Ant if only she were a 125er. Talk about a nightmare matchup! Val may put up a bit of a fight I guess but they'd both get smooshed. Plenty of opportunities to prove their warriorness with Yamasaki reffing such a hypothetical bout vs GigaCarla, bit of a role reversal from the favoured usual prey of crackheads ;)

How about post some of this alleged 'stupid shit' so we can talk about exactly how stupid it may or may not be?

Claims Claudia was greasing. Doesn't report it to the ref because apparently, she doesn't know how to do that. Apparently, she also doesn't know how to file a complaint with the athletic commission even though she was "100% sure" Claudia was greasing.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/6/...-claudia-gadelha-carla-esparza-fight-greasing

Or a better idea: We can talk about how easily Carla would defeat Val and Ant if only she were a 125er. Talk about a nightmare matchup! Val may put up a bit of a fight I guess but they'd both get smooshed. Plenty of opportunities to prove their warriorness with Yamasaki reffing such a hypothetical bout vs GigaCarla, bit of a role reversal from the favoured usual prey of crackheads ;)

How about we send well fed Joanna after her and beat her back down to atomweight?

Plenty of opportunities to prove their warriorness with Yamasaki reffing such a hypothetical bout vs GigaCarla, bit of a role reversal from the favoured usual prey of crackheads ;)
GigaCarla would be WMMA GOAT and would starch Shevy quicker than Nunes did Cyborg
full

Last edited:
As it would seem UFC Strawweight Polyana Viana made the news
in her native Brazil because she took on a would be mugger and won.

Status
Not open for further replies.