• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official: Whittaker Vs. Romero in a Non-Title Fight

We still don't know whether it's a title fight or not.

UFC just brushing past it.
Dude they pussyfooted around that hard. Not even ariel knew whats official. I feel like we still dont.

Whittaker looks pissed though, damn.

Was pulling for Romero. Now, I'm pulling for Whittaker. It shouldn't take shitty circumstances to make me root for the guy, because he's the nicest guy on earth, but seeing how he is the one that still wants to fight is enough for me.

Romero's gonna win, UFC will say hes the champion (as they planned if Iaquinta won), Whittaker will say bullshit hes the champ

and they will have to fight again..

I'm a fan. But this shit IS getting tiresome. Only because it's affecting what WE the fans are supporting and spending our money on. Do I have an answer to the weight cutting issue with all of the arguments for/against each solution? No.

But once a fighter misses weight a few times and fucks up the promotions' product, they should be forced to fight at the next weight class.

There are levels at my job; Certified, Senior, Assistant, Manager...If I'm at any of those levels and I fuck up enough times, I get my title taken away from me and I get demoted to the previous level. Maybe they should try something like that if you consistently can't make weight in the division that you're in.

I read an interview from Whittaker, can't remeber where now , but he said that he doesn't care about belts or whatever the UFC gives him. Just wants to be known as one of the best fighters in history.
So I think he should put the belt on the line over .2 pounds... if it was a pound or two I would agree to scrap the title fight.
I'm a Romero fan though, so I'm biased lol

UFC trying to hide the non-title part for promotional sake.

So I think he should put the belt on the line over .2 pounds... if it was a pound or two I would agree to scrap the title fight.
I'm a Romero fan though, so I'm biased lol
Whittaker CAN'T put the title on the line. It's not up to him. Romero isn't championship weight so that's it.

And trust me Whittaker would love to have a title defence on his record if he's going for legacy. This sucks for him too.

If you think about it, if whittaker wins, he never has to deal with Yoel again.

If whittaker loses he keeps his title and a guaranteed rematch, which he wouldn't have if he didn't take the fight.

So whittaker really has nothing to lose. Better possibilities for him. Other then that, the consequences for this fight remain the same.

Non-title Fight is on if Yoel accepts

[/QUOTE

Hilarious, they are acting like they are some brave souls letting his opponents come in with a huge advantage.

Romero came in, literally 0.1 percent heavier than Whitaker, which would have been allowed under other jurisdictions like Nevada, Quebec, etc.

Romero also looked like a walking corpse from a video that is available online.

They will also be taking a good chunk of his purse as well for coming 'overweight', of 0.20 pounds out of 185.

Oh boy, what a courageous individual he is

Hilarious, they are acting like they are some brave souls letting his opponents come in with a huge advantage.

Romero came in, literally 0.1 percent heavier than Whitaker, which would have been allowed under other jurisdictions like Nevada, Quebec, etc.

Romero also looked like a walking corpse from a video that is available online.

They will also be taking a good chunk of his purse as well for coming 'overweight', of 0.20 pounds out of 185.

Oh boy, what a courageous individual he is
I get that but what does he really gain? If he retains the belt regardless of the outcome, why risk getting hurt or KOed? Love that he’s a true fighter and took the fight but I see why it’s a risk.

This is a selfless act for the fans who wanted to see him fight. Whitaker is heading to GSP class act status. I wouldn't have faulted Bobby if he declined the fight.

Lol why does everyone act like $$ has nothing to do with it? Lol Whittaker needs to get paid he hasn’t fought in a long time AND he gets some of Romero’s purse

I get that but what does he really gain? If he retains the belt regardless of the outcome, why risk getting hurt or KOed? Love that he’s a true fighter and took the fight but I see why it’s a risk.

well he gets probably $1M+

I wouldn't be surprised if this fight almost doubled his networth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back