• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official: Whittaker Vs. Romero in a Non-Title Fight

If Romero doesn't accept the fight he can fuck right off. I hope he is cut from the organization on the spot. Hope they then announce the news live on the PPV to shame the cheating cunt.

d5a1054d9f87e586bd4cf70d3ad74f15.gif

He shouldnt. Think about the Khabib vs Iaquinta fight and how Al was 155.2 but Dana said they would make the winner the champ regardless, they can overridevthe commission and declare Romero the champ anyway if he wins.

That's a different and very unusual situation.

Lol Bobby is not a warrior, he has the ball, crowd and game in his court, hes gonna make bank plus not risk his title by fighting, Yoel is getting fucked hard here. Fucking scumbags

Haha this is all on Yoel.

I agree Robert hasn't gone above and beyond but no sympathy for Yoel.

You play the large weight game and sometimes it doesn't work out.

Yoel should just take the fight, if he wins he'll end up getting the belt somehow

Lol Bobby is not a warrior, he has the ball, crowd and game in his court, hes gonna make bank plus not risk his title by fighting, Yoel is getting fucked hard here. Fucking scumbags
he just had to make weight

You guys are retarded. They have to start punishing these guys or this will never get fixed...

Yoel is getting punished already.

Sure non title fight fatties usually suffer no real punishment but Yoel clearly is.

Romero is ridiculous. Missed weight 2 main event title fights in a row. They should make him go to lhw

Props to Whitaker for fighting anyways, hope he kos him

Well guess it’s on. Just watched the weigh ins

Well they made ceremonials!!!

Huzzah!

Yoel looks terrible.

We still don't know whether it's a title fight or not.

UFC just brushing past it.

I’m assuming it isnt for the title but nothing surprises me anymore
Me too, but UFC straight up calling Romero the challenger and stating that Whittaker will be defending his title... none of that is probably true.

Like there was any doubt, .2 pounds lmfao
Right, there isnt cause Whittaker already won the first time, we will have to wait and see who is willing to fight Romero next, missed weight in his two title fights already, LHW move?

I’m assuming it isnt for the title but nothing surprises me anymore

It can't be right. I mean they can't just sanction a title fight without the commission. That would look real bad

They didnt even explain the situation. So can Whittaker lose the title at all? no right?

That was a horrible explanation by the ufc basically trying to pretend nothing happened.

They didnt even explain the situation. So can Whittaker lose the title at all? no right?

I don't think the title can be defended or lost. It's basically Anderson vs. Lutter.

Wow at giving no explanation.

Back