FLASHBACK - Pele Landi trashing Anderson Silva

He was also just really funny:
20210414092043_12.JPG

He had so many funny moments. Vs. Patino they stopped fighting in the middle of the fight just to shit talk and have another staredown haha. He also stuffed a takedown from Patino and started humping his head lol.
Ya the Patino fight was super bizarre, I also remember another fight where as he's being introduced he does this zombie or dracula impression, I don't know how to describe it but if you've seen it you'll know what I'm talking about. Cant find a pic or video of it but it was hilarious.

*edit

Nevermind, I found it, timestamped.

Im really surprised they didnt just disqualify him then and there for that.

you're really surprised PRIDE of all places didn't disqualify him? they let Dirty Bob sucker punch Matsui during a referee break, soccer kick him on all fours (this was illegal), hold the ropes and punch Matsui (only gave warnings), and ONLY DQ'd Bob after he axe kick's Matsui in the back of the head while he was grounded AFTER THE BELL. a few 12-6s to the spine is child's play lmao

you're really surprised PRIDE of all places didn't disqualify him? they let Dirty Bob sucker punch Matsui during a referee break, soccer kick him on all fours (this was illegal), hold the ropes and punch Matsui (only gave warnings), and ONLY DQ'd Bob after he axe kick's Matsui in the back of the head while he was grounded AFTER THE BELL. a few 12-6s to the spine is child's play lmao

Poor Matsui.

What he ever did to anybody??!?

Ya the Patino fight was super bizarre, I also remember another fight where as he's being introduced he does this zombie or dracula impression, I don't know how to describe it but if you've seen it you'll know what I'm talking about. Cant find a pic or video of it but it was hilarious.

*edit

Nevermind, I found it, timestamped.

I think he was making fun of his opponent's stance. He did that a few times before fights.

They let Wanderlei just throw standing headbutts against Mezger around this time too lol.

him, Akira Shoji, and Alexander Otsuka. they were the Pride jobbers
Shungo Oyama too. Really, they were all pretty tough, especially Shoji. I'm sure if they didn't just throw them to the wolves right away, and properly managed their careers, they could have done much better. I mean look at Oyama, he was like 2-5, got knocked out by Hendo and Wanderlei, and they're like "I know, let's match him up with Cro Cop next." lol.

Poor Matsui.

What he ever did to anybody??!?
I love the Japanese, but they're known to have a taste for brutality and a bit of sadism. I wouldn't be surprised if Matsui has hazed and bullied many of his students and inferiors in the gym, which is why he was punished by the MMA gods having to go through that Chute Boxe gauntlet of savages like Wanderlei, Pele and Ninja.

You saying that is actually pretty disturbing to me because I wouldn't be totally surprised if some crazy part of you actually believes it.
blow-kiss-valentina-shevchenko.gif

I love the Japanese, but they're known to have a taste for brutality and a bit of sadism. I wouldn't be surprised if Matsui has hazed and bullied many of his students and inferiors in the gym, which is why he was punished by the MMA gods having to go through that Chute Boxe gauntlet of savages like Wanderlei, Pele and Ninja.
Yeah its true, Wouldnt surprise me either.

There is actually a girl in that gif that could put up a bit of a fight against Daijiro, but it's not Valentina.
Fuck Cyborg too. Her and Pele deserve each other lol

No he fuckin didnt he didnt win any fights there lmao

Pele fuckin sucks

He lost to Daijiro Matsui and hes a dick.

Not really. He got his ass beat to death all the time.

But he did beat Pele so good for him.
Lmfao you ever read a yrat thread?

They both did ok lol

Shungo Oyama too. Really, they were all pretty tough, especially Shoji. I'm sure if they didn't just throw them to the wolves right away, and properly managed their careers, they could have done much better. I mean look at Oyama, he was like 2-5, got knocked out by Hendo and Wanderlei, and they're like "I know, let's match him up with Cro Cop next." lol.

i think that's a Japanese cultural thing. putting them up against all odds. but yeah i agree, they were tough as nails. also that guy who won by Mark Kerr KOing himself was another one.

Allegedly Pele Landi was pissed off at Anderson Silva's autobiographies portrayal of him. I say allegedly because by that point Anderson Silva was at his peak fame and Pele probably needed money. So landi was likely trying to get a fight with Silva in the UFC more than anything else

By all accounts Pele Landi was most definitely a dick to everyone around him. Same with Matt Hughes lol

i think that's a Japanese cultural thing. putting them up against all odds. but yeah i agree, they were tough as nails. also that guy who won by Mark Kerr KOing himself was another one.
Also let's not forget the bravest samurai of them all, basically the size of today's UFC FW's, taking on guys like Prime Mirko Cro Cop, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage, etc... I think he even fought Bob Sapp lol.

28d2ce9193f512ce853d74f707855b71.jpg

Back