Official UFN 69 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lahat - I have more weapons, my grappling and judo, I'll expose his holes, learning never stops at AKA, train with champions every day, no quit in that gym, all alpha males, I have alot of friends from Israel and California coming

Backstrom - I think I'm better than him, but only time will tell, better everywhere expect with the gi, maybe he'll take me down, I'll reverse and elbow him, take it from there

Y
I hate that Ulka Sasaki is -275. I thought coming off a loss to a guy he was a 5-1 favorite over would bring that line a bit down in the 200s.

Leandro Issa is a VERY improved version from what we've seen from him in the past and the one that showed up against Ulka who really held his own against a world class black belt on the mat.

Lapilus on the other hand is actually a pretty solid fighter himself. He always strikes off the break and he's shown some good IQ and solid defensive skills. His striking is very serviceable and he uses his reach very well. I just don't think his offensive skillset is going to be enough to get the W against Ulka who I think trumps him in that department as well as having great grappling defense himself.

I think there's an opportunity for Ulka to grab a submission just based off how slick he is. I've seen Sasaki sneak in a d'arce choke on his back while Issa had him in side control (ala Mitch Clarke). If Lapilus shows up having done his homework and conditioning, I think it can go the distance which is what I'm leaning more towards also because the odds pay out very well.

This is a nice post reb and I agree with pretty much everything you say and suffice it to say I am in agreement with where are you are leaning. That said, I think that Sasaki uses his superior wrestling and grappling to bring the fight to the mat and ultimately slap an RNC on Lapilus and get the tap. basically, Sasaki is far better than the version of him that showed up to fight a very good fighter in Leandro Issa and you would expect this from a then 24-year-old kid who only had a single UFC fight to his name prior to the Issa loss.

at 5 foot 10 Sasaki is a very large Bantamweight and his frame is long and strong and absolutely perfect for his style of fighting which is grappling. With a background in Greco Roman wrestling "Ulka" loves to lock up with his opponent and use his long chassis to envelope his foe like a spider bringing his prey into its web -- for Ulka, his web is the mat, and his finishing technique is the RNC to which he has 9 of.

Lapilus is a promising fighter and a good future prospect in his own right, and I think that this is obvious as the UFC had initially matched him up against veteran Dennis Siver before the Swedish AC Said " umm... No can do". For a consolation prize Sean Shelby gave him Sasaki. Physically Taylor is very strong, however the 23-year-old Frenchman has fought the bulk of his career above his natural 135 pound weight competing against featherweights and even lightweights in Europe. With a shiny 9-1 record and with those wins coming against bigger opponents, it looks pretty good on paper until you dig deeper and discover that Taylor's prior three opponents before coming to the UFC were 2-8 and Osman Minbatirov (1-3) took Taylor all three rounds only to lose a split decision. Aside from Rocky Lee, the only fighter who Taylor has fought with a winning record is to 9-0 WSOF bantamweight prospect Magomed Bibulatov and he lost.

Styles make fights and this is a pretty good match up for the Japanese fighter because Taylor is also a grappler and he doesn't possess the punching power to threaten Sasaki with and keep him off of him. Most likely Sasaki is going to pressure Taylor and push him up against the fence where he will have a 2 inch advantage in the height department and will use his long strong frame to bring the fight to the canvas where he will most likely lock up a body triangle and submit the young Lapilus sometime late in round two after Ulka has worn the Frenchman down.

Although I am very confident that Ulka will get the victory, at the current odds of -270 I would not lay the juice. However, I do think that Taylor is good enough on the ground that he can probably survive the first round and late into the second -- ergo, the o/u should be looked at given that it is set at 1.5 rounds and the over is at a decent price of -140.

i will probably do two units on the over -140 at all I will make this official or not tomorrow after I do a bit more research.

Didn't Sasaki look completely horrible against Issa? He was -500. Fade Asian fighters outside of Asia right?

I guess I need to watch old fights of Sasaki to see what all the hype is about.

Y

This is a nice post reb and I agree with pretty much everything you say and suffice it to say I am in agreement with where are you are leaning. That said, I think that Sasaki uses his superior wrestling and grappling to bring the fight to the mat and ultimately slap an RNC on Lapilus and get the tap. basically, Sasaki is far better than the version of him that showed up to fight a very good fighter in Leandro Issa and you would expect this from a then 24-year-old kid who only had a single UFC fight to his name prior to the Issa loss.

at 5 foot 10 Sasaki is a very large Bantamweight and his frame is long and strong and absolutely perfect for his style of fighting which is grappling. With a background in Greco Roman wrestling "Ulka" loves to lock up with his opponent and use his long chassis to envelope his foe like a spider bringing his prey into its web -- for Ulka, his web is the mat, and his finishing technique is the RNC to which he has 9 of.

Lapilus is a promising fighter and a good future prospect in his own right, and I think that this is obvious as the UFC had initially matched him up against veteran Dennis Siver before the Swedish AC Said " umm... No can do". For a consolation prize Sean Shelby gave him Sasaki. Physically Taylor is very strong, however the 23-year-old Frenchman has fought the bulk of his career above his natural 135 pound weight competing against featherweights and even lightweights in Europe. With a shiny 9-1 record and with those wins coming against bigger opponents, it looks pretty good on paper until you dig deeper and discover that Taylor's prior three opponents before coming to the UFC were 2-8 and Osman Minbatirov (1-3) took Taylor all three rounds only to lose a split decision. Aside from Rocky Lee, the only fighter who Taylor has fought with a winning record is to 9-0 WSOF bantamweight prospect Magomed Bibulatov and he lost.

Styles make fights and this is a pretty good match up for the Japanese fighter because Taylor is also a grappler and he doesn't possess the punching power to threaten Sasaki with and keep him off of him. Most likely Sasaki is going to pressure Taylor and push him up against the fence where he will have a 2 inch advantage in the height department and will use his long strong frame to bring the fight to the canvas where he will most likely lock up a body triangle and submit the young Lapilus sometime late in round two after Ulka has worn the Frenchman down.

Although I am very confident that Ulka will get the victory, at the current odds of -270 I would not lay the juice. However, I do think that Taylor is good enough on the ground that he can probably survive the first round and late into the second -- ergo, the o/u should be looked at given that it is set at 1.5 rounds and the over is at a decent price of -140.

i will probably do two units on the over -140 at all I will make this official or not tomorrow after I do a bit more research.

I'd be talking UP his his RNC's more if the odds didn't pay so poorly :( his ITD line is -120 (booooo!). If it were higher to maybe +160ish I'd probably bite. That's why I'm so disappointed that he's -270 because I hate winning pennies on my dollar. His Dec line on the other hand paid a cool +330 and I think that's pretty juicy. These are exactly the type of odds that force errors on someone like me lol. I'm a guy that's willing to lose to gun for some big odds and the oddsmakers did well on this one.

Closer to fight day I'll probably play something safer like that O1.5 you mentioned. I've eyed it but I haven't put any action yet. This Sasaki guy is pretty good I'm interested in his development and since we saw Hioki's career go dwindling down I was wondering if someone would carry the torch.

For what it's worth too, Sasaki operates at a high pace but fought Issa in Brazil in extreme heat and humidity. The temperature was over 90 in the he stadium I think.

As for information on Lapilus I'd like to hear more of. I've seen his fight with that 1-3 guy you mentioned but if you looked closely at his leg, it looks like he sustained an injury and it definitely showed as he was slipping around trying to maintain balance. I'd take that fight with a grain of salt. As for his debut against Rocky Lee, Lee pressured him right out the gates with attempts to take it to the floor. LAP has really long arms for a guy his stature, wraps up a standing guillotine to stop the TD. Too bad Sasaki doesn't need just the conventional double leg to get him down and he has many other methods. Surpsing stat, Lap is 5'6" with a 75 reach and Sasaki is 5'10" with 73 inches. I had to look up their stats on fight pass since there wasn't any info anywhere else.

Lap looks like a good kickboxer at distance if you give him the space to operate. I need to see more of Lap on the ground but man I'm tired of tape watching.

Didn't Sasaki look completely horrible against Issa? He was -500. Fade Asian fighters outside of Asia right?

I guess I need to watch old fights of Sasaki to see what all the hype is about.

he wasn't -500 cause he is a scrub

let's give issa some credit

Always fade japanese fighters

Unless they are fighting a french guy

Lahat/Backstrom

Lahat is just not that good and I think we're getting a decent price on Backstrom after he got caught in his last outing. Backstrom has a definitive advantage on the feet and has a much wider array of strikes. It should be pretty close on the ground, although Lahat has the edge. Backstrom has shown solid cardio, while Lahat gasses horribly. If you look at the competition they've faced, Backstrom has faced and beaten far better opponents than Lahat, who has mostly fought cans. Lahat also went back to the Israeli army after his win over Siler, so who knows how much he's been training.

1.5u Backstrom...added him to my Sobotta parlay. Pays +102

I think Lahat is lacking in striking defense. He got flying kneed by Pepey because he can't judge distance. He got licked a few times from Siler too. I think Backstrom can land one of those knees or front kicks he throws. Lahat isn't sophisticated enough to counter Niklas I don't think. Lahat will probably get him down in this fight but he needs to do it consistently for 3 straight rounds. I'm a wait for Backstrom by KO if it pays well. Lahat by decision is the obvious hedge. Although I hate that it's +250 now. 300 sounds better

I think Lahat is lacking in striking defense. He got flying kneed by Pepey because he can't judge distance. He got licked a few times from Siler too. I think Backstrom can land one of those knees or front kicks he throws. Lahat isn't sophisticated enough to counter Niklas I don't think. Lahat will probably get him down in this fight but he needs to do it consistently for 3 straight rounds. I'm a wait for Backstrom by KO if it pays well. Lahat by decision is the obvious hedge. Although I hate that it's +250 now. 300 sounds better

Yea I agree, his striking defense is very poor, and Backstrom is very unorthodox with his strikes. That Anderson Silva front kick he KO'd someone with in the first 30 seconds was very impressive. Backstrom by KO is the most likely ending to this fight IMO.

Can anyone translate?

I have a tough opponent, allround

first time preparing in thailand, great weather good camp

my coach roberto and my brother will be cornering me

I think that I was set up in brazil, strange things are happening with their commision
no chance to clear my name in brazil so I just keep looking forward

just keep fighting like nothing happened

not fighting for a bonus, just give ewerything in the cage

Can anyone translate?

did alot of strenght training, boxing

coming back to berlin where I won my last fight

the change in opponent doesnt bother me, its the same for my opponent

morales is a grappler, kennedy is allround

looking to use my grappling

would rather fight morales, maybe in the future

did prepare with polish fighters, invited marcin bandel, trained with pascal kraus, 2 russians

feeling healthy

representing poland and germany

think zajewski will win

only saw 4-5 fights online so not sure what to expekt of kennedy but Im confident in the win

i don't get how people are laying 2:1 on backstrom here. that last fight doesn't make you the least bit hesitant..?

I have a tough opponent, allround

first time preparing in thailand, great weather good camp

my coach roberto and my brother will be cornering me

I think that I was set up in brazil, strange things are happening with their commision
no chance to clear my name in brazil so I just keep looking forward

just keep fighting like nothing happened

not fighting for a bonus, just give ewerything in the cage

thanks for translation that is interesting to know, sounds like hallman is suggesting he was stitched up in brazil no way to clear it so he just carry's on.... but I doubt he is not interested in that bonus money ;)

Premium oddscast - http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/...ight-69-jedrzejczyk-betting-preview-part-one/

Underdog picks: Sajewski, Patrick, Allen, Mustafaev

Jedrzejczyk - Nick, Brian, Reed
Siver - Nick, Brian, Reed
Sobotta - Nick, Brian
Sajewski - Nick, Brian
Amirkhani - Nick, Brian
Taisumov - Brian / Patrick - Nick
Omer - Nick / Allen - Brian
Backstrom - Nick, Brian
Askham - Nick, Brian
Hallmann - Nick / Mustafaev - Brian
Sasaki - Nick, Brian

I think they are really lacking in research. Now that Hein is a full-time fighter and took a camp to Thailand to train full-time, I expect to see a different fighter. My largest bet of the night at three units.

Not that much really cause I don't think much of either fighter and a run love I think that this is a squash match and I wouldn't be surprised to see can take the Bob Sapp route out of the fight just as soon as things get hairy, I am not risking a substantial portion of my BR on the fighter who in 2008 essentially held the distinguished title of "The Baddest Man at Your BBQ".

-------------

BTW:
Apologies for multiple posts and the atrocious grammar in past posts -- I am using an iPad and I haven't figured out how to multi post (or if you even can) and fucking grammar check and predictive type make the syntax and spelling of my posts illegible. I proofread but the bastards always sneak something by me [\spoiler]
Lemme know if you find out. I kind of hate these things.

i don't get how people are laying 2:1 on backstrom here. that last fight doesn't make you the least bit hesitant..?

Little bit, but I feel like that KO was super fluky and I don't think Lahat is UFC caliber. I'm prepared to eat my words though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back