Official UFN 41 and TUF Brazil 3 Finale Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched Strickland vs McDaniel and he looked really good. His top control is excellent and his transition to the rear naked choke was very slick. He also took the Bubba fight on short notice. I think if he can get Barnatt down he can finish him. I think at +185 he is the bet.

i'm not nearly as impressed by strickland. he has a good top game. that's pretty much it.. barnatt's improvements w/his footwork give him a HUGE edge standing in my book. liked him way better at -165 than -245, tho

Just watched some tape on Nick Hein and Drew Dober. Dober is a kickboxing champ but it hasn't really transitioned over well into MMA. He only has two TKO victories in his 19 fight career. Hein on the other hand, has suffered his only loss in MMA via TKO. On the subject of Hein, he is a HUGE physical specimen. I think he can easily wrestle down Dober and make this a long night for him. Dober has fought better competition and has slightly more experience. I think this fight will come down to Hein's TD and if he is able to take Dober down. Personally, I've seen enough tape to warrant a 1u bet on Hein. Dober has been taken down and controlled by much lesser grapplers.

1u on Hein

Nilsson was tagging Barnatt with some combos early in their fight so I'm hoping Strickland can do the same and work his way inside and drag Barnatt down.

tuf brazil 3 finals (both weights), don't read if you haven't watched yet?

MW: lyoto vs warlley - both guys showed good explosiveness early.. lyoto is much more technical/skilled IMO, but he gasses so bad.. warlley had those quick fights so hard to know..

picking lyoto, even tho he robbed best guy from 185 got robbed in the last semifinal (abreu)

HW: miranda vs shoeface - definitley favor miranda on the feet, but shoeface super impressive on ground and not bad on feet.. i guess i gotta go w/shoeface due to "more ways to win" -- both of them are small heavyweights, but both are very promising.

I think Warlley smashes Lyoto

man idk, he wasn't impressive on the prelim fight, but he sure as heck was in the two fights afterwards..

A lot of guys on TUF improve drastically after those 2 months or so in the house getting top level training every day. Lyoto didn't look that great in either fight, he needs to work on his cardio.

HW is a toss up like every HW fight lol. Idk how Vitor survived those punches early from Monstro, those were some fucking vicious shots.

MLB/NBA/NHL

can't believe wawrinka just got smoked. he has been brutal since the aussie open.

doing good on baseball though, got the mets and braves up right now. playing CIN/LA U3.5 1st 5 Innings and STL.

2u on the Heat tonight as well

1u on the Blackhawks

MLB/NBA/NHL

can't believe wawrinka just got smoked. he has been brutal since the aussie open.

ya i had garcia-lopez +7, wish i bet more! (i did bet a 2nd unit this morning, tho! cause i was losing previously lol) -- but he did win monte carlo dude, winning a 1000 event if your name isn't nadal, djok, or federer is a BIG accomplishment.. so i wouldn't say he's sucked hehe.. just inconsistent

A lot of guys on TUF improve drastically after those 2 months or so in the house getting top level training every day. Lyoto didn't look that great in either fight, he needs to work on his cardio.

HW is a toss up like every HW fight lol. Idk how Vitor survived those punches early from Monstro, those were some fucking vicious shots.

monstro is a scary guy early, yea, but i liked miranda from his first fight.. really solid prospect

Unibet just opened Carmont by decision @ +1050.

Obviously a mistake on their part as it is probably the most likely outcome here. They also have fairly small limits due to the large odds I'm guessing, but still worth putting down a few units on in hopes that they honor it should it hit.

Unibet just opened Carmont by decision @ +1050.

Obviously a mistake on their part as it is probably the most likely outcome here. They also have fairly small limits due to the large odds I'm guessing, but still worth putting down a few units on in hopes that they honor it should it hit.

Don't be naive. I've personally been FUCKED big time by unibet on more than one occasion. I was fucked so hard I believe it would have been an open and shut case in a court of law but what are you gonna do when can't do anything about it.

Me, rille and UAK from this thread have been screwed by unibet multiple times, I advise you to don't bet mma props there, or at all for that matter.

Don't be naive. I've personally been FUCKED big time by unibet on more than one occasion. I was fucked so hard I believe it would have been an open and shut case in a court of law but what are you gonna do when can't do anything about it.

Me, rille and UAK from this thread have been screwed by unibet multiple times, I advise you to don't bet mma props there, or at all for that matter.

Yea I know they will most likely cancel this bet, but as long as I'm not putting down a suspicious amount of money what exactly speaks against doing it? Are they banning people for placing bets on their own lines or what?

Why is Vaughan Lee that big of an underdog? I don't get it, Alcantara had a lacklustre performance against Wilson Reis while Lee put on a clinic vs. Nam Phan.

I mean I've had them honor some pretty "off" lines before without problem (admittedly none "off" by this margin). I don't remember which ones on Unibet but stuff like Machida/Munoz to end by KO/TKO or decision around even money on Ladbrokes went through fine. Maybe it helps I'm not playing for large sums of money, IDK.

Why is Vaughan Lee that big of an underdog? I don't get it, Alcantara had a lacklustre performance against Wilson Reis while Lee put on a clinic vs. Nam Phan.

alcantara is always huge favorite, except against faber (and faber said he's one of hardest hitters he's ever fought)

On the topic of Alcanatara, this fight is also in Brazil. I remember about 8 months ago someone dug up a statistic on how much brazilians came out on top in Brazil and it favored brazilians by a lot. However, I'm sure the number somewhat evened out recently.

I will probably play Lee straight or by decision and hedge with Alcantara ITD.

Edit: Derp, actually in Berlin. This is getting confusing lol.

Last edited:
Alcantara's on another level compared to Lee, imo. I know the line shows it but Alcantara has all the advantages here, even on the feet, he's bigger, more powerful, and a way better grappler. I'll probably play the itd line on Yuri, personally b/c I could see Yuri gassing and Lee outstriking him and possibly make this a close Dec and I'd rather take a better line on Yuri finishing. If it goes the distance there's a good chance he could lose that last rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back