• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official UFC on Fox 15 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers dude. I might register with Unibet then, I've never done live betting and last week there was a few fights I wanted to bet as you could tell the winner within the first minute. I also would have bet Cop as soon as he stuffed Gonzaga's awfully laboured takedown attempt in the third.

Cheers dude. I might register with Unibet then, I've never done live betting and last week there was a few fights I wanted to bet as you could tell the winner within the first minute. I also would have bet Cop as soon as he stuffed Gonzaga's awfully laboured takedown attempt in the third.

nps yeah frustrating when you can't live bet !

Missed some

http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/snapstats-who-is-the-hardest-hitter-at-ufc-on-fox-15/

fighters have an asterisk to denote small sample size.
Hardest-Hitter-at-FOX15.png

Yeah they do full live betting but not on the first 2 early prelim fights, the main prelims and main card usually always, they don't impose limits either ie one could bet 2K or 5K bets however they can offer a more better deal ie less loss more returns.

Live betting is hit and miss though and very frustrating on william hills ie lines can remain closed for half the fight sometimes, if someone gets taken down the line goes off so this could mean literally live betting lines remain closed for 90% of the fight. Even in-between rounds it can remain closed sometimes ! 2 weeks ago I went to hedge out of my 2k masvidal play, they rejected my hedge play and closed lines.

Other bookies id imagine do similar but sometimes ladbrokes and bet365 I notice keep the lines open more......

Also william hill had no live betting on last weeks fight card, reminds me I may try sorting out unibet since they had it fully available even on the prelims.

didn't know the limits were that high. that's why i have accounts with all of them i've had that happen before where i place a big bet then LB goes dead and i can't hedge out. the more options for hedging the better. yeah the lines generally turn off on all of the bookmaker sites if a takedown happens, especially early in fights, but not always.
that's why betfair are so good for hedging as the market for betting( as it's peer to peer) stays open through the entire fight regardless, although the amount of money available can be pretty small at times. and sometimes depending on the card they only have live markets for the main card

Do Unibet want all that to register with them?!

i think it's because unibet are scandanavian so they require all that from people outside those countries for passport info.

Nice to know its not just my bookies then, yeah figures the amounts would be small via betfair then with william hill bookies during live betting usually the favourite is unplayable ie

Machida - http://www.ufc.com/news/Older--Wiser-Lyoto-Machida-Pursues-Another-Title-Shot

- I’m a real athlete. I think about my food, my diet, my health. But I can still do much more.”
- “I don’t think, I feel,”
- “I can feel what my opponent wants to do. A little bit in advance I can foresee some movements. I can see certain tendencies that they’re trying to do.
- I have to see my opponents, study my opponents. I have many fights under my belt, and I’m a very experienced fighter. It makes me very comfortable when I’m in the Octagon. Even in my training I have to train smart, not hard.”
- “I think he’s a complete fighter, a well-rounded fighter. He can do the stand-up game and the ground game. I can’t underestimate him.”

Preux - http://www.ufc.com/news/Ovince-Saint-Preux-Occupation-Mixed-Martial-Artist

- “I’m probably one of the few fighters that started my amateur career at one gym and I’m still there right now,”
- I’ve been an athlete my whole life, and I know when I see a good coach.” staying loyal to his original coach and team, Eric Turner and the Knoxville Martial Arts Academy.
- “I took the Bader fight as a lesson learned and moved on,”
- One was that when you’re going through training camp, you can’t do anything half-assed. The thing about training is, a lot of times you don’t want to be there, I understand that, but I know that I have a limited amount of training, so I try to make the most of every practice that I can because I’m not going to get that practice back.
- I went back to the basics (for my last fight). I started drilling more, and I didn’t spar until the last two weeks before. All I kept doing is drilling and working on muscle memory. And that led to everything.
- Shogun was getting ready for an orthodox fighter, I’m a southpaw. He was getting ready for more of a brawler / striker and I’m more of a well-rounded fighter.
- My timing felt perfect and if I land a good shot, I’m going to put you down, and that’s what happened. I landed a perfect shot.”
- “Sparring is like me playing football. There’s no way, where a football team is going to do full pads every single day.
- “Every fight I’m getting better and better, and I still have a lot of people out there who are still trying to figure me out,”

Nice to know its not just my bookies then, yeah figures the amounts would be small via betfair then with william hill bookies during live betting usually the favourite is unplayable ie

Gordon - http://www.ufc.com/news/Eddie-Gordon-Dont-Look-Back

- “He (Serra) said ‘you were winning the fight, you were doing well, you got caught.
- “It was a lesson learned. Credit to Josh Samman.
- “I got greedy.” I didn’t execute the counter and the block, and the rest is history.
- real character is built when you see what you can do once you come back from a loss.”
- I’m gonna go out there and make sure that never happens again.”
- “I played football, I competed my whole life and I’m a competitor. I hate to deal with losses, but I just want to make sure I learn from it so it never happens again. So I’m coming out guns blazing and ready to go on April 18th.”
- “It’s great because you get to ride the wave and momentum of all your teammates, you’ve got everybody in the gym training together, and especially for me, I’m so fortunate to have the middleweight champion of the UFC in my corner, and I get to train with him, so when I step into the Octagon, I know for a fact that the guy I’m fighting is not the champ. So it’s huge for preparation.
- I just want to be continually getting better, and I’ve got the right camp to do that. I’m at the right place at the right time and I’m gonna make the best of it.

Rockhold - http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/1...-im-the-most-well-rounded-fighter-in-the-game

- "Yeah, he's definitely a difficult guy if you let him be that way," s
- "If you take away his momentum in the cage it can work against him in many ways. Controlling the ring is huge. Me, being the bigger guy, people underestimate my footwork. They don't know my subtleties and feints and that's going to play a big factor. He's fought some good guys, but I can strike with him, cut the corners, wrestle him, and he has to worry about every aspect of my game.
- "I'll fight my fight. I'm going to control the cage, strike with him, and make him think about my takedowns. If he's taken to the ground, he'll get into trouble, and it'll open up my striking.
- The key is MMA, and I'm the most well-rounded fighter in the game. If I put it all together, I don't have to worry about too much."
- "I've watched the Weidman fight probably 50 times in this camp, I've watched a lot of his fights,"
- "The main fights I've focused on were the two Shogun fights (in 2009 and 2010), the Weidman fight (last summer) and the Jon Jones fight (in 2011). They are telling fights, and then you watch Gegard (Mousasi) who sat back and let Machida find his timing. You don't want to do that.
- "He's grown and he's changed,"
- "He's good, very good, great timing. He waits. He wants you to start attacking. He finds the timing of your attacks and he counters. You just gotta make him fear certain aspects. I have to make him fear my kicks and my punches, and he won't open up as much. You don't give him the opportunity for counter strikes."
- "I got a little bit of training with him, but not too much," (five years ago) "I have a feel for what he's capable of, but I can't take too much away from it. We've both grown a lot."
- Vitor fight it was a great learning experience because I'll never let my myself get in that head space again. It helped me rethink how I fight and reflect on what I did.
- "I really have grown (since the Belfort fight), my timing, my standup, my relaxation, and that's huge for my standup,"
- "Technically, I've become more sound, sitting on my punches which creates more power.
- being comfortable in all areas and finding set ups, outsmarting opponents, adjustments, feints, I still have a lot more to grow. My standup has grown. My jiu-jitsu is getting stronger
- It's about position dominance rather than submission, and my scrambling is at the top."

Tim Means interview - http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/pspep100/

Says he's faster and has better wrestling, better everywhere. Says Araujo is not good and Rhodes is smaller and gave him a run for his money. Nothing scary about the guy, he can knock you out if you don't move your head.

I'll have to get him tired and slowly pick him apart. I was still training, not every day (few days a week), my cardio is still there, I was still eating the right foods, I had to stop the chocolate right away. 170 is not the struggle I was having to do. I've learn how to re-hydrate after weigh-ins well. Today I was 192.

Sullivan - I think I'm going to destroy Means, especially in front of my home crowd

Do Unibet want all that to register with them?!

Yup just got off live chat support, they need my recent bank statement and passport, such headache obviously these people never heard of online banking or paperless !

a lot of the time i think they themselves are not certain what the odds should be either, especially in close fights where one was a big underdog. also a lot of bookmakers hedge bets on betfair, sometimes if i see a really good price on LB i'll put a lump on before they adjust the odds, and see the bet pop up on the betfair market a minute later.

Yeah true I have been trying to do the same if I see such crazy odds and a close fight and I am a bit up for the night why not you may just turn that 100 into 1K :)

Ladbrokes do the best livebetting of any I have come across.

Adam Martin says he likes OSP at +100, says he thinks the line is off, OSP should be the favorite.

Says OSP has fought way better level of competition, just beat Shogun, Cummins has only 5 fights, he's so green, I like Cummins but OSP is at the peak of his career.

thanks card nice interviews/blips of info

means -mentioned he has better wrestling- perhaps indicating he has focused on this more? but it could mean nothing also.
Sullivan- looks to be grappling/wrestling more in the gym, shows a take down in vid.
rockhold- he mentioned how he now sits down on his punches and commits more, something I think machida lacks (not his kicks though). RH discusses his take downs and his overall mixed ability as a fighter.
Osp- discussed muscle memory ? I would have imagined him discussing take down defence or sprawling especially against cummings....

Ladbrokes do the best livebetting of any I have come across.

Any reason why though?

I have noticed sometimes there lines are more open and active compared to whill but then sometimes its the opposite way round...
I find it hard to look in 3-4 places at the same time however so tricky to gauge which site is better :icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back