• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official UFC 184 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capping this sport consumes me especially when new odds/props are released. After events I want nothing to do with MMA because it's such a freakin relief... ...I'm going to try to take a week vacay from sports.

mirnotbad1.gif

Josh Neer kicked the shit out of a punk that challenged him on facebook

josh Neer said:
Basically the guys a dumbass and been talking shit about MMA fighters for a month. On and on, I usually ignore him but this Saturday he wrote me on Facebook the message i gave. He had written 10 messages to me talking shit which I ignored, but this time I said if you really want to fight come to the gym Monday at 5:30.

I don

Holy crap I forgot that all 3 judges had it 30-27 for Nurmagomedov...that's just not right.

Maybe that was one of the fights Eddie Bravo was talking about on the last Rogan fight companion lol. I know I watched that card. Can't remember that particular fight at all. Crazy that this never gets brought up in the horrible decision discussions given these score discrepancies. Instinctively I like ferg alot in this fight. Speed, Grappling ability and the short turn around for an aging Tibau

Last edited:
apparently the books got killed last night. the guy from bovada said they lost over a million last night

I ended up down about a unit.. but lost 3 or 4 at bovada(bodog) might have been the only one giving them money back

Trator v De la Torre goes to dec 5/2(+250) 4 to win 10 Loss
Khabilov v Matins o2.5 4/7(-175) 5 to win 2.85 Win
Johnson 5/4(+125) 4 ton win 5 Win
Mir by KO 5/1(+500) 1 to win 5 Win

Did pretty well. I'm down 0.15 all together since I've began betting MMA thanlks to the last event.

Tim Means 5 10/11(-110) to win 4.55

I'll wait for the line on Ellenberger by KO, I'm pretty confidant on that. Also tempted for the Lima vs Means o2.5.

Exactly! Love my boy NDC but how ANYONE can arbitrarily toss the term "free $" around after last night either has amnesia or wasn't watching FN 61.

I.think I was the only one that said free money but it was 88 percent sarcasm. I even used italic.

Champions League
Manchester city to win or draw(1x or +0,5) vs Barcelona 1,87
Dortmund to draw or beat Juventus(x2 or +0,5) 1,90

Ferguson - http://www.ufc.com/news/Tony-Ferguson-Whos-Next

- Yancy Medeiros was supposed to be next, but now Gleison Tibau is next
- “People are there to watch me fight
- They’re not there to watch the other guy fight. They’re being brought in to get their butt kicked by me. And I know it. If I see an opening, I take it. I’m out there to win a Performance of the Night bonus.
- Against Trujilo, I wanted to make it technical
- I didn’t want to make it a pissing contest because that’s exactly what the Blackzilians wanted me to do. That’s how Michael Johnson took me out. I was just putting a lot of aggressive energy into it instead relying on my energy and my technique. The energy just got crisscrossed. This fight I was well aware of everything. I knew what he was going to throw at me and what he wanted to do. I knew my conditioning was going to be better than his. X marks the spot and I just made sure to target him and I took him out.”
- “I’m in charge of my ground game because I have to make sure I’m always evolving,”
- “I made the executive decision to go to 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu and work with Eddie Bravo. I feel proud to call him coach. I have over 20 years of grappling experience.
- Tibau’s a lot better ranked than Yancy Medeiros. He’s got a big weight cut, he’s a southpaw, I know exactly what he does on the ground and I know what I’m going to do to him on the ground. It’s not going to go the distance.
- Gleison’s going to set up for the takedown automatically. He doesn’t want to stand with me. If he does stand with me, he’s going to find out really quick my range is a lot longer than his. If he’s one-dimensional then he’s going to have a helluva time with me inside the Octagon. I don’t plan on helping him break that record for takedowns.”
- “I’m planning on dealing all the damage to this guy, outworking him, outclassing him,”
- “He’s going to be locked in there with the damn El Cucuy. Man, I’m worse than El Cucuy and he’s going to find out why.”

Liking Ferguson's confidence, just hope he isn't underestimating Tibau's takedowns or improved striking.

In case anyone can translate

Any early predictions for a Hunt-Stipe line?
Also 2u on Means only play for this weekend so far.

Any early predictions for a Hunt-Stipe line?
Also 2u on Means only play for this weekend so far.

-140/+100
Stipe the slight favorite.

Same with Means 2U not super confident. Just good odds.

I actually think this has a resonable chance of hitting

2/28/2015 9:00 PM UFC Fighting 1602 Roman Salazar* +280 3.800 vs Norifumi Yamamoto
2/28/2015 8:30 PM UFC Fighting 1702 Tim Means* -110 1.909 vs Dhiego Lima
2/28/2015 7:30 PM UFC Fighting 1902 James Krause* -175 1.571 vs Valmir Lazaro

Risking $30.00 To Win $312.00

Liking Ferguson's confidence, just hope he isn't underestimating Tibau's takedowns or improved striking.

I don't think he will underestimate tibua, he pretty much has the same game plan coming in all the time and relies much on take downs and his power shots to back guys away.

Mj provided a pretty good blue print to overtake or give tibua problems and its already fergusons style, he is right he has the height and reach factor and already excellent footwork to boot.

Should be a fun fight too

Tibua doesn't like being on the back foot and he will be against Ferguson. I just re-watched Ferguson's last two fights and he is super aggressive, always on the front foot. He just better not brain-fart again and think he's Marcelo Garcia going for all these spinning/rolling kneebar attacks!

Rille, I really like that parlay. Might have to play that myself.

I actually think this has a resonable chance of hitting

2/28/2015 9:00 PM UFC Fighting 1602 Roman Salazar* +280 3.800 vs Norifumi Yamamoto
2/28/2015 8:30 PM UFC Fighting 1702 Tim Means* -110 1.909 vs Dhiego Lima
2/28/2015 7:30 PM UFC Fighting 1902 James Krause* -175 1.571 vs Valmir Lazaro

Risking $30.00 To Win $312.00

Did anyone here watch tape on Salazar? I know nothing about him, but i also have a hard time believing Kid should be a big fav

Is Kos viable these days? If this fight had been a couple of years ago it would be a no brained, but now I can't tell. Not impressed with Jake, feeling like the odds make Kos valuable but have no idea what he's been up to or how he's doing.

Kosh is hit and miss perhaps more miss due to inactivity, injuries and age he pretty much should have retired, jakes fight to loose really having said that kosh can be a tricky fighter to deal with sometimes and jake can collapse at times also.

So Holm is a -900 favorite and the U2.5 is +165, is she just supposed to box the shit out of Pennington the whole fight to a decision?

Pretty much yeah, holms ufc debut is a co-main event, the hype behind her is unreal despite beating all tin cans previously this is her biggest fight to date, dana has said we have run out of opponents for honda so they are kinda desperate holly does well. I think they will give her a few gimme fights to build her up.

Did anyone here watch tape on Salazar? I know nothing about him, but i also have a hard time believing Kid should be a big fav

Would like to hear about both guys too here kid was a legend back in the day....

Had a quick googling/fight stats check and kid dwarfs salazar in fighting experience but also 10 years older @ 37, has a wrestling/grappling background (won wrestling comps) but has 3 last losses but 1 was to mighty mouse champ, 3 year lay off though which is strange maybe had a major injury ?

Surprised he is still fighting let alone not getting chopped by ufc.

Salazars record is meh- fought tin cans soon as he got to someone with a winning record or ufc caliber he lost the fight.

Perhaps sounds like a good fight to live bet in....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back