Who wins the heavyweight title rematch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

After the dust settled, Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz both made weight with ease for their upcoming heavyweight rematch.

Wilder (41-0-1, 40 KOs) weighed in at 219.5 pounds as he makes his second walk to the ring in 2019 as he battles Ortiz (236.5). The WBC heavyweight champ is coming off of a vicious first-round knockout win over Dominic Breazeale in May. Before that, he fought to a controversial draw with Tyson Fury in December. In March 2018, the American faced Ortiz and won by TKO in the 10th round.

Ortiz (31-1, 2 NCs; 26 KOs) has gone on a three-fight winning streak since suffering the first loss in his career to Wilder. In those fights he finished Razvan Cojanu and Travis Kauffman, while needing ten full rounds to beat Christian Hammer. This will be his second attempt to capture WBC heavyweight gold.

Wilder vs. Ortiz 2 airs live on pay-per-view on Saturday at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT, with the prelims beginning on FS2 at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT.

Wilder vs. Ortiz Weigh-in Results:
Deontay Wilder (219.5) vs. Luis Ortiz (236.5)
Leo Santa Cruz (129.5) vs. Miguel Flores (130)
Brandon Figueroa (122) vs. Julio Ceja (126.5)*
Leduan Barthelemy (127) vs. Eduardo Ramirez (126.5)
Vito Mielnicki Jr. (147) vs. Marklin Bailey (143.5)
Omar Juarez (142.5) vs. Kevin Shacks (141)
Luis Nery (119)** vs. Emmanuel Rodriguez (118)

* Ceja missed weight by 4.5 pounds and elected to stop cutting weight.
** Nery missed weight by 1 pound and his bout with Rodriguez has been cancelled.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/W...ch-Set-2-Miss-Weight-1-Fight-Scratched-166425

https://boxrec.com/en/event/796071

Ortiz looks really good. Coming in lighter leads me to believe he wants to avoid getting dragged into a fight like last time.

I think Wilder wins the rematch. Ortiz is, or has been getting long in the tooth.

Fight wont last 2 rounds … Ortiz will knock him out.

Who should Oritz fight next? Fury?

I’m considering throwing a hundo on Ortiz...

How would that be the end of his career. A rubbermatch would be huge.

i know a lot of the regulars don’t think ortiz is gonna do much but as a fellow regular i really think this fight is interesting.

Ortiz has great technical boxing, good power and did really well against Wilder the first time around. And of course his counter punching ability is world class

I acknowledge Wilder’s greatness and his power but this is a really good fight.

Looking forward to it

UFC fans up in this mo'fukka again...

People are slamming Wilder for fighting Ortiz, but Ortiz is no joke. Before Joshua lost hilarious to Ruiz, who would you have thought was a tougher fight: Andy Ruiz or Luis Ortiz? If you say Andy Ruiz you're a liar and a casual.

Tougher fight than the last two opponents Fury fought put together.

@Kowboy do you know why i got yellow'd?

Im picking wilder, but id throw a 100 on ortiz if i were a betting man. The betting odd and the chances of ortiz winning make that a good calculated risk.

Ortiz is by no means a slouch. He was boxing well and even had wilder hurt the first time around.

I mean....i believe he has flaws and is definitely beatable.

But he's also got the ability to absolutely clean out that division.

I wouldn’t be surprised if either guy knocks the other out or decisions the other. I haven’t been this pumped for a HW fight for a while.

i would think that due to the age of Ortiz and how I saw him last time that wilder ko’s him earlier. Wilder gains a lot of confidence once he knows he can hurt you and becomes a different fighter. Now he knows he can hurt Ortiz and he’ll know that from round 1, so I think he gets him out earlier.

But I could just as well see him getting kod by a nice counter by Ortiz. Good stuff!

i don't know who wins but i'll be glad when wilder loses, i don't think he deserves to be champion.

Back