RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Lomachenko vs Lopez RBR (ESPN, ESPN+)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He was still undisputed though. Doesn't matter there no WBO.
i said the first of the alphabelt era man. the 4-belt era. not ever. plenty of guys were undisputed when there was only one belt too.

His domination in this round after a complicated 11th was nothing short of impressive.
Agreed. I just rewatched the fight and couple of rounds more than 2 times. Loma got beat in all ranges. 12th round is the most indicative. When Loma finally got in close range, lost all the close range exchanges.

Last edited:
Nice job to all the guys here that saw it coming, like @Seano and @eternaldarkness etc and especially
to @ironfist05 who called it and got it completely right by predicting a 12 round decision by outclassing Loma.
Incredible accurate and bold prediction.

I was one of the biggest fans of Lopez here since his first fights, but I lost faith on him after the Nakatani fight.
I didn't believe he had all the tools, but the guy is a born champion.

Last edited:
I was a little surprised the votes are almost 2 to 1 for Loma.

I was cheering for him but thought that Lopez put a stamp on it in the 12th.

I wonder if the year off had him start slower than usual, who knows?

Cose fight but any way you look at it, that was a fun fight too watch. I wish Loma woulda let his hands go a little sooner, but can't blame him for being tentative because of the power\size advantage.

just watched it, not sure why Ward was trying to give Loma rounds when he was doing virtually nothing, the scorecards didnt surprise me in the slightest, anyone who thinks that was a poor decision needs to go and watch some truly hard fights to score

just watched it, not sure why Ward was trying to give Loma rounds when he was doing virtually nothing, the scorecards didnt surprise me in the slightest, anyone who thinks that was a poor decision needs to go and watch some truly hard fights to score

119 to Lopez is flat-out weird, but giving Lomachenko 3 or 4 rounds isn’t far-fetched.

Thts one way to avoid a rematch...
I do not think that Lopez Jr can't agree to a rematch if $ enough. It is his money hungry dad, maybe wish to push kid to next weight class and then after this again too to next weight class. LOL.
But seriously rising too high a weight class will put him in the same position as lomachemko vs himself.
Yeah, dad most likely prefered if he moved to 140 and then asap again to higher weight class and then..........

119 to Lopez is flat-out weird, but giving Lomachenko 3 or 4 rounds isn’t far-fetched.

Rounds 2 and 11 were pretty clearly Loma, and 8-10 were close so 116-112 seems fine to me, though doesn’t really reflect how clearly Lopez won.

Ekle4tDUcAIIrVY

Lederman's card should get her banned from working title fights, but considering what her last name is, I doubt that anybody from the commission is going to say anything. The fact that Russell Mora is allowed to work fights like this after what he did to Joseph Agbeko is proof that there's no real punishment for corruption in this sport.

I rewatched, and I have it 116-112 like Tim Cheatham's card. The second round was close, but I liked Lopez's work better.

I honestly have no idea how all of these people online are claiming that 7 was a clear round for Lomachenko.

No ones actually disputing this are they? Great job by Lopez, and a piss poor one by Loma. If he had flipped the switch on earlier he very well could have gotten the stoppage. Of course, that also opens him up more to getting blasted, but he was overly cautious for far too long.

Well done by the youngin. Looking forward to their next outings.

No ones actually disputing this are they? Great job by Lopez, and a piss poor one by Loma. If he had flipped the switch on earlier he very well could have gotten the stoppage. Of course, that also opens him up more to getting blasted, but he was overly cautious for far too long.

Well done by the youngin. Looking forward to their next outings.
I think the 119-109 scorecard is fair to call into question, but definitely not the result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back