RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Lomachenko vs Lopez RBR (ESPN, ESPN+)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kowboy On Sherdog

UFC 300 ***The Aftermath***
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

WBO and WBA lightweight world titlist and WBC "franchise" champion Vasiliy Lomachenko faces IBF world titleholder Teofimo Lopez Jr. at the MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas on Oct. 17. The bout will headline a stacked Top Rank card that begins with prelims at 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN+. The main card will start at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...-teofimo-lopez-jr-how-watch-stream-fight-espn

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/boxing-vasyl-lomachenko-vs-teofimo-lopez-oct-17.4139873/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...vs-teofimo-lopez-oct-17-total-rounds.4140251/

BothCarefreeGerenuk-max-1mb.gif

I predict this fight goes to distance

Think Lopez gets caught looking for the KO sometime in the middle rounds and gets slept. Plus i don't buy Loma's talk about not looking for the KO. He'll take what Lopez gives him

If they were the same size I would have very little doubt about the outcome. López is just a naturally bigger guy who has good timing and big power and may perhaps benefit from the open stance match up. I will have to go with Loma to get it done though. I think he takes a clear decision. It’s hard to imagine what Teo is going to be like down the stretch.

The RBR crew tomorrow night when Loma and Lopez are announced in the squared circle...

i6SqpzY.gif

Lmao at throwing in the Shad face at the end.

I am picking Loma, but have seen people compare Lopez to Linares, and saying Linares is more complete, better, etc. He may be faster and more technical, but that doesn't mean he is more talented or skilled. Linares has low level durability and doesn't have the same kind of power. Linares can get power if he throws the punch right, but a lot of his output lacks significant power. Lopez is the type who has power in almost everything they throw. Granted, we will see how the power is vs top level opposition tonight.

Power might disappear when guy does have even a bit better boxer in the ring,
Wilder, Romero, Subriel, Dorticos......
Also possibility that Loma might KO Lopez in 1 st round is real.
Not more than 1 liver punch required if landed ideally.

Might happen like with KO Doctor.
KO Doctor does have more boxing skills than Lopez. Fans might remain calm not explode when had read this. Lopze is a pupp if compare with Dorticos.

If he will beat Loma, he still will remain nobody with lucky punch.

eople compare Lopez to Linares, and saying Linares is more complete, better, etc. He may be faster and more technical, but that doesn't mean he is more talented or skilled. Linares has low level durability
Linares is more experienced and his durability had been tested vs elite like Loma and Campbell.
BTW he did not performed that bad vs Loma.

Lopez durability is proven only vs nonames.
He better had fought even the same Linares or Campbell before Loma. get more experience.

I am picking Loma, but have seen people compare Lopez to Linares, and saying Linares is more complete, better, etc. He may be faster and more technical, but that doesn't mean he is more talented or skilled. Linares has low level durability and doesn't have the same kind of power. Linares can get power if he throws the punch right, but a lot of his output lacks significant power. Lopez is the type who has power in almost everything they throw. Granted, we will see how the power is vs top level opposition tonight.
Yeah, let's put it this way... would Lopez lose to a Tony DeMarco? Not likely.

He has that power because he picks his shots and most of his shots are power shots. If he hit higher volume punches like other boxers his power per punch ratio would drop drastically. His physicality isnt anything special and it is funny how so many seem to think he is some physical freak - the American obsession with athleticism. Lopez is much smarter than his cocky demeanour indicates. He is a natural born fighter with great timing and anticipation and fight understanding. He has very good boxing basics. His range of boxing skills is not as wide as linares though.

Back