RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Lomachenko vs Lopez RBR (ESPN, ESPN+)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had it 116-112. Where does this put Lopez among the P4P?

He's definitely in the bottom of the top 10 right now at least. In a better era he wouldn't be P4P with how thin his resume is but there aren't really loads of exceptional all-time talent right now ITO ability and resume combined

Rewatching the fight they really need to bring 15 rounds back. A unification going 12 like this just seems so bush league

WOW! That was a competitive fight. Great win for Lopez and congratulations to him on being the unified champion!

What was your score?

116-112 is what I posted and people said "clear draw"
I gave lopez 8,9,10,11

now that it's been a day I gave the 8th to Lopez they landed the same amount of punches I felt lopez landed the better punches and he was also busier and kept distance but it was a close round and Loma's best at that point

117-111 Lopez

Last edited:
The reality is Ballet Lomachenko only won three rounds! Deal with it or hit the road Jack!

016563E5-320B-4739-9312-D519E82D1BB0.jpeg

Attachments

• 593FE5F1-ED51-4D90-8C70-8E8A8D795801.jpeg
    593FE5F1-ED51-4D90-8C70-8E8A8D795801.jpeg
    338.2 KB · Views: 1
I didn't want to comment until I re-watched it again. I was shocked how hesitant and tentative Loma was, especially for the first 7 rounds, he barely threw anything, he was so hesitant. I know he often starts a bit slower and gets his opponents timing, however he still throws way more than that!! he just wasn't throwing anything, its like both his hands were broken, it was weird. After 7th he started throwing much more and letting go, but I feel like it was too late. 117-111 for Lopez is fair I feel

I'm actually surprised to see how many fighters and trainers pick Lopez - I know he has dynamite in his hands, but he hasn't fought anyone near the caliber of Lomachenko.

I honestly feel that many in the boxing community hate on Loma (out of jealousy, envy.. who knows?). For years, I have seen highly respected people like Robert Garcia, Jeff Mayweather etc. hate on Loma and say that he isn't anything special. A part of me wonders if it is race/culture related - when they polled the Mayweather Boxing Academy, all the latino and black boxers were rolling with Lopez. It almost seems as though they think Loma doesn't have the grit of a true fighter and lacks heart in the face of adversity (this is me hypothesizing). But opinions on Loma tend to fall into two extreme camps - one group thinks he is the most technical and talented boxer of all time, while the other think he is soft and has vulnerabilities that people can exploit.

Jeff Nayweather (and most of the people at the Mayweather Boxing Club know and are friends with Lopez. Obviously (besides being correct), they may be a little biased. If you go back a few fights, Jeff Mayweather was saying Lomachenko was the best in the world. He also favors Fury to beat Wilder and Joshua. So kinda hard to say it is race related

this being bumped still? Lopez still won at least 8 rounds to me.

Back