Official Sherdog Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, is it obvious I'm an Andre mark?

Me too. I wanted to name my second son Andre but my wife wouldn't go for it. So I waited 'til she was doped up at the hospital and got her to agree on Bas instead.:icon_chee

I hurried up and filled out the birth certificated and got her to sign it before she realised what she had just agreed to.

how big was Andre truly in his prime? I know he was billed at 7'4 but thats not true. I heard as small as 6'9, but at 6'9, even as big as he was, was he really that much stronger and all that then other wrestlers? I mean was he Big Show strong? or is it just that at the time, there werent any other true giants?

how big was Andre truly in his prime? I know he was billed at 7'4 but thats not true. I heard as small as 6'9, but at 6'9, even as big as he was, was he really that much stronger and all that then other wrestlers? I mean was he Big Show strong? or is it just that at the time, there werent any other true giants?

At one point Andre was at least 7ft. His back surgery however made him a little bit shorter, so he may have actually been under 7ft during the Hogan fued. I don't remember exactly when he got that surgery done, but it was around then.

According to Meltzer a Canadian Athletic commission measured him at 6 10 around 1974. He got shorter as he got older. He was very strong. He once dragged Blackjack Mulligan and Dick Murdoch into the ocean, each in one hand and dunked them underwater for messing with him. like Khali, Big Show and other giants he wore lifts to appear even taller. He used to stand on stuff during interviews to make himself taller. Check out youtube for a Vince McMahon interview and it will look like Andre is at least two feet taller than Vince.

I always thought he was 7 ft at his tallest though. That was Meltzer saying it not me.

I'm sure he was. Usually people with acromegaly start having spinal curvature after they get above 7ft which makes their height go down, so it's unlikely he was ever much more than that.

I got to get back to work. You guys are killing me. I told my staff I had to go take care of business. Of course I said NTO business and they had no idea what I was talking about.:D

I always thought he was 7 ft at his tallest though. That was Meltzer saying it not me.

He was at least 7' at his peak. My Dad used to take me to shows in Columbus when I was a kid. I had railing seats where the wrestlers walked down to the ring and got to see Andre from about 3 feet away around 1983-4. My Pops is about 6'1" and Andre was at least a foot taller.

As far as strength, I have heard a story numerous times, recently in one of the wrestling threads, that some guys were heckling him in a bar and he went after them, they all ran out and got in the car and locked their doors. According to the story, he overturned the car with them in it.

yea its my opinion that at his peak before surgeries and before he started having posture problems he was a shade over 7.

This probably sounds as stupid to read as it feels to type, but this is a serious question. Do any of you think we will ever see a full time jobber in the E HOF? I was thinking mainly Brokklyn Brawler. I think his name is Steve Lombardi or something like that. I don't recall him winning more than a match or two in my entire wrestling life, but he was a pretty good worker as a full time jobber. He had to be pretty good to stay around as long as he did. I've read a lot of the guys credit him for helping them a lot too. Apparently he was very helpful to the younger guys with ring psyc, general workmanship and more. Anybody else have thoughts on my rediculous topic?

This probably sounds as stupid to read as it feels to type, but this is a serious question. Do any of you think we will ever see a full time jobber in the E HOF? I was thinking mainly Brokklyn Brawler. I think his name is Steve Lombardi or something like that. I don't recall him winning more than a match or two in my entire wrestling life, but he was a pretty good worker as a full time jobber. He had to be pretty good to stay around as long as he did. I've read a lot of the guys credit him for helping them a lot too. Apparently he was very helpful to the younger guys with ring psyc, general workmanship and more. Anybody else have thoughts on my rediculous topic?

Depends on his status with Pat Patterson perhaps?

Johnny Rodz--- the greatest jobber of all time is in the WWE HOF.

I think that Lombardi (who has been a list of who's who amongst WWF characters) has been with the company for longer consecutively, than anyone other than Howard Finkel. I'm not sure that Fink is with the company anymore.

Fink is still with company.
rodz lost to every name the WWF had for years. He had recent fame in TNA in the Dudleys Lax feud if I am not mistaken. Unpredictable Johhny Rodz FTW!!!!!!

I think that Lombardi (who has been a list of who's who amongst WWF characters) has been with the company for longer consecutively, than anyone other than Howard Finkel. I'm not sure that Fink is with the company anymore.

i think Finkel only does WM now. seeing as his voice is well known with the event..

we just need Nas, DD and mikes other five picks. The other guys haven't shown interest so I won't worry about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back