• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Official Sherdawg Presidential debate round 1 PbP

Who won the debate

• I plan to vote Biden, and think Biden won

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • I’m (honestly) undecided, and think Biden won

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I plan to vote Trump, and think Biden won

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I plan to vote Trump, and think Trump won

Votes: 93 54.4%
  • I’m (honestly) undecided, and think Trump won

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • I plan to vote Biden, and think Trump won

Votes: 25 14.6%

• Total voters
Factually, it will be Trump or Biden. They're both old. One has been a great president, and the other was previously one of the worst presidents we've ever had, tried to overthrow the gov't when he lost, and has a psychotic agenda for a next term.

Whenever partisans don't like economic stats, they always say that they're faked to help the president. And that's insane because the agencies that collect data are staffed with non-political hires with different preferences, and businesses and other policymakers rely on the accuracy of those numbers. If any director tried to order something like that, you'd immediately have a bunch of whistleblowers, and it would be a huge scandal. And it goes like that for a lot of agencies. We as a country rely on competent, good-faith data collection and general job performance. If Trump and Heritage get their way, that's over. We already have radical rightists controlling the courts. And he's talking about weaponizing the DOJ (which he also tried to do in his last term). I called it here last time that he'd tried to stay in power if he lost but that he'd fail. It's far less clear to me now that he'd be unsuccessful in his attempt to overturn democracy and constitutional governance. Partisans will dismiss that, but this is based on his own proposals and those of the Heritage Foundation, which generally sets the agenda for the GOP.
This position further illustrates that you don’t care who is the actually president, just the policy of the administration. Forgive me if I think that’s sad.

I haven't repeated any slanderous attacks, that's just your typical attempt to obfuscate issues with sophism yourself.
Sure you have, and now you're slandering me.
I watched the first half of the debate when I got down off the mountain and I've watched the rest since then. He's unfit to be the president. It's not appropriate. He needs to be on a beach somewhere relaxing and enjoying the rest of his very very short life.

71% of the country believes he's unfit 41% of Democrats... It's not like we're talking about a fringe idea here.

I still believe the office of presidency is the most important job in the country and that we need the very, very best people we could possibly get in that position. Trump and Biden are both unfit and we need to replace Biden quickly with somebody who can beat Trump.
The presidency is the most important job in the country, and Biden has done an exemplary job at it over the past three-and-a half years.

In another thread, I illustrated how. Since Obama, there has been bipartisan consensus that we needed a big infrastructure bill. Obama couldn't play the politics game well enough to get one passed, and Trump didn't have the organizational competence to even put a decent bill together, despite talking about how it was a priority. Biden succeeded in both getting a very well-designed bill created and succeeded in getting enough support for it (including from Republicans). Generally, despite an incredibly thin margin in Congress, Biden has consistently exceeded expectations, and it is a result of his experience and his relationships. He also was willing to take the political hit of getting out of Afghanistan, which both of the previous presidents had talked about wanting to do (and that was the biggest political mistake of his term--he got crucified in the media for it--but sometimes you gotta take a political hit to do something good).

This position further illustrates that you don’t care who is the actually president, just the policy of the administration. Forgive me if I think that’s sad.
So sad that I don't look at the presidency as the star of the politics reality show and instead consider the impact that their work has on people. I can't imagine being as shallow and partisan as you.

Yes, he looked old and tired.
shrug.gif

Did he constantly lie? Did he answer questions? Did he speak to policy?
You know who defiantly lied? The entire Biden administration lied to every person in the country for the last 3 years about Biden's condition. I guess that it doesn't make you mad that your own party lied to you.

Biden looked rough that night. There is no denying it. But he also looked great a day or two later in NC, he looked great at state of the unions in the past. I think focusing on this one debate is just playing into dishonest right wing media.

My mom passed a way a few years ago but had dementia. I'm not making a diagnosis but he looked like she did early on when we knew she had it and she was having a "bad day".

I have never, not once, seen my mother in law look or act that way.

Yes, it's just my experience but it is what it is.

You know who defiantly lied? The entire Biden administration lied to every person in the country for the last 3 years about Biden's condition. I guess that it doesn't make you mad that your own party lied to you.
you enjoy getting cucked by tuck?

Addressing Trump’s four years as president, Tucker Carlson said: “We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn’t an upside to Trump.”

Sure you have, and now you're slandering me.

The presidency is the most important job in the country, and Biden has done an exemplary job at it over the past three-and-a half years.

In another thread, I illustrated how. Since Obama, there has been bipartisan consensus that we needed a big infrastructure bill. Obama couldn't play the politics game well enough to get one passed, and Trump didn't have the organizational competence to even put a decent bill together, despite talking about how it was a priority. Biden succeeded in both getting a very well-designed bill created and succeeded in getting enough support for it (including from Republicans). Generally, despite an incredibly thin margin in Congress, Biden has consistently exceeded expectations, and it is a result of his experience and his relationships. He also was willing to take the political hit of getting out of Afghanistan, which both of the previous presidents had talked about wanting to do (and that was the biggest political mistake of his term--he got crucified in the media for it--but sometimes you gotta take a political hit to do something good).

Were you trying to respond to my post or somebody else? I think you may have responded to the wrong person and quoted the wrong person.

This isn't about what his administration and he have gotten done. This is about the obvious cognitive decline displayed that any honest person can see and would admit to. I still think this is a very important position in our country and that he is unfit to be the president of the United States.

Maybe you thought me saying he was only fully cognizant from 10:00 to 4:00 was repeating a slanderous attack. Let me put it this way. If that's a slanderous attack then I'm forced to think he's never cognitively fit and that's worse. I'm taking those people at their word to the benefit of Biden, not his detriment.

What I saw in the debate I've seen in countless elderly people and those people are not fit to be lawyers, let alone the present of the United States.

It doesn't matter what you list for his accomplishments and I agree with most of them frankly. what matters toe is that he is unfit now to be the president of the United States and four years is a long time at that stage of life for him to get way worse.

Trump is also unfit and dangerously so for lots of reasons which is why I think we have to really convince Biden to step down, stop donating money to his campaign and pressure him publicly and be honest on forums like these to change his opinion by changing public opinion. We need to be putting pressure on Biden to step down and replace him with someone that could beat Trump and govern effectively.

Were you trying to respond to my post or somebody else? I think you may have responded to the wrong person and quoted the wrong person.
Nope. Read again.
This isn't about what his administration and he have gotten done. This is about the obvious cognitive decline displayed that any honest person can see and would admit to. I still think this is a very important position in our country and that he is unfit to be the president of the United States.
Of course it is. The fact that he's been a great president is inconsistent with your theory that he can't do the job. Any honest person can see that your slander is false, and of course, in your usual style, you just turn your nastiness on anyone who questions the narrative.

I don't think enough people are recognizing the significance of Twitter no longer being a left wing echo chamber this time around. It will definitely make a difference now that Musk isn't allowing leftist misinformation to spread.

I'm so happy he's doing this now. God Harris is such a stupid piece of shit.

Lol at this pro censorship post. At least the facade is over.

Nope. Read again.

Of course it is. The fact that he's been a great president is inconsistent with your theory that he can't do the job. Any honest person can see that your slander is false, and of course, in your usual style, you just turn your nastiness on anyone who questions the narrative.
No, the fact that he showed obvious serious cognitive decline during the debate is proof that with a good team behind you, you can govern effectively in absolutely normal circumstances when nothing serious goes wrong that requires long-term sustained attention.

What if Joe Biden needs to be awakened at 2:00 a.m. to decide whether or not to use the football? Do you trust him in that position? Because I certainly don't. And we can't just whistle in the dark and hope nothing bad happens because we have an inept president who can't be cognitively clear at 2:00 a.m. or 9:00 p.m. like the debate.

You can say whatever you want but more people saw it the way I see it. And yeah it's hard to admit as a Democrat who despises Trump but that's why we need to get honest now and get rid of Biden and get somebody that can lead effectively in all circumstances and beat Trump.

Last edited:
<lol><lol><lol>
Please don’t ever change. Keep your hilarious trolling up for eternity old sport… it’s priceless. Thank you for the entertainment.

They hint around it, but I’d respect them more if they would just say “Bidens cognitive ability isn’t a factor in me voting for him because I want the policies that the unelected officials in his administration are enacting and I don’t want Trump in office.”

They hint around it, but I’d respect them more if they would just say “Bidens cognitive ability isn’t a factor in me voting for him because I want the policies that the unelected officials in his administration are enacting and I don’t want Trump in office.”

Pretty sure that should be the position of any responsible adult. Trump's term was a complete disaster in many different ways.

Yes I think they can convince him to stop running due to his being unfit. No one can force him but responsible people ought to sit him down and explain the situation to him frankly. Democrats should also be honest (finally) about his cognitive decline publicly.

Four more years is an absurd hope to place on an already unfit president
Obama is the one who got him into office. The idea that he can't exert any power now is absurd.

They absolutely can and should have been pressuring Biden to be a one term president. They should have been doing this a year ago. If Trump is the existential threat to democracy all of them have been claiming he was they should be doing everything to keep him from winning.

Some are saying this and I respect it a lot more than being delusional about Biden just "having a cold" or whatever other excuses they have.

This one at least is factoring in reality.

Back