• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Official Sherdawg Presidential debate round 1 PbP

Who won the debate

• I plan to vote Biden, and think Biden won

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I’m (honestly) undecided, and think Biden won

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I plan to vote Trump, and think Biden won

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I plan to vote Trump, and think Trump won

Votes: 92 54.4%
  • I’m (honestly) undecided, and think Trump won

Votes: 38 22.5%
  • I plan to vote Biden, and think Trump won

Votes: 25 14.8%

• Total voters
That might actually be true and a gap in my recollection. I think another measure was passed in 2005 or so with additional restrictions, so the Clinton reforms were modified very soon after. To clarify, I am a proponent of incentives for able bodied single people to look for a job while on welfare. Also, I am a big fan of the eitc.
I would be a fan of the EITC if it were fully refundable. A non-refundable one is good for recipients but it cuts off for people who need it the most and also provides some bad incentives.

lol at being this dumb. his debate prep ruined it for hiim! not himself! the same debate team that rigged/changed the format of the debate, on CNN, where they had all the questions before hand, had all his responses ready to go, and yet, he still fucking blew it beyond total belief.

<TrumpWrong1>

New York Time Editorial Board: Biden....GET THE FUCK OUT

"...At Thursday’s debate, the president needed to convince the American public that he was equal to the formidable demands of the office he is seeking to hold for another term. Voters, however, cannot be expected to ignore what was instead plain to see: Mr. Biden is not the man he was four years ago.

The president appeared on Thursday night as the shadow of a great public servant. He struggled to explain what he would accomplish in a second term. He struggled to respond to Mr. Trump’s provocations. He struggled to hold Mr. Trump accountable for his lies, his failures and his chilling plans. More than once, he struggled to make it to the end of a sentence...

...As it stands, the president is engaged in a reckless gamble. There are Democratic leaders better equipped to present clear, compelling and energetic alternatives to a second Trump presidency. There is no reason for the party to risk the stability and security of the country by forcing voters to choose between Mr. Trump’s deficiencies and those of Mr. Biden. It’s too big a bet to simply hope Americans will overlook or discount Mr. Biden’s age and infirmity that they see with their own eyes...

...But the president’s performance cannot be written off as a bad night or blamed on a supposed cold, because it affirmed concerns that have been mounting for months or even years. Even when Mr. Biden tried to lay out his policy proposals, he stumbled. It cannot be outweighed by other public appearances because he has limited and carefully controlled his public appearances.

It should be remembered that Mr. Biden challenged Mr. Trump to this verbal duel. He set the rules, and he insisted on a date months earlier than any previous general election debate. He understood that he needed to address longstanding public concerns about his mental acuity and that he needed to do so as soon as possible.

The truth Mr. Biden needs to confront now is that he failed his own test."

Read more here:

New York Time Editorial Board: Biden....GET THE FUCK OUT

"...At Thursday’s debate, the president needed to convince the American public that he was equal to the formidable demands of the office he is seeking to hold for another term. Voters, however, cannot be expected to ignore what was instead plain to see: Mr. Biden is not the man he was four years ago.

The president appeared on Thursday night as the shadow of a great public servant. He struggled to explain what he would accomplish in a second term. He struggled to respond to Mr. Trump’s provocations. He struggled to hold Mr. Trump accountable for his lies, his failures and his chilling plans. More than once, he struggled to make it to the end of a sentence...

...As it stands, the president is engaged in a reckless gamble. There are Democratic leaders better equipped to present clear, compelling and energetic alternatives to a second Trump presidency. There is no reason for the party to risk the stability and security of the country by forcing voters to choose between Mr. Trump’s deficiencies and those of Mr. Biden. It’s too big a bet to simply hope Americans will overlook or discount Mr. Biden’s age and infirmity that they see with their own eyes...

...But the president’s performance cannot be written off as a bad night or blamed on a supposed cold, because it affirmed concerns that have been mounting for months or even years. Even when Mr. Biden tried to lay out his policy proposals, he stumbled. It cannot be outweighed by other public appearances because he has limited and carefully controlled his public appearances.

It should be remembered that Mr. Biden challenged Mr. Trump to this verbal duel. He set the rules, and he insisted on a date months earlier than any previous general election debate. He understood that he needed to address longstanding public concerns about his mental acuity and that he needed to do so as soon as possible.

The truth Mr. Biden needs to confront now is that he failed his own test."

Read more here:

Well, it's official. No matter who wins, they're going scorched Earth on the media.

lol at being this dumb. his debate prep ruined it for hiim! not himself! the same debate team that rigged/changed the format of the debate, on CNN, where they had all the questions before hand, had all his responses ready to go, and yet, he still fucking blew it beyond total belief.

<TrumpWrong1>

If you can't conversate with me without insults, here's what you do.

Unless you see my avatar (it'll always be The Goon) and my text in a different color? Just like this?

Just keep scrolling.

I'm trying to be nice here.

If you can't conversate with me without insults, here's what you do.

Unless you see my avatar (it'll always be The Goon) and my text in a different color? Just like this?

Just keep scrolling.

I'm trying to be nice here.
"You are free to attack a person."

If you can't make a point that makes any sort of sense, then whatever.

Threaten me with your lame ass mod superpowers, or shove it.

Loser.

I would be a fan of the EITC if it were fully refundable. A non-refundable one is good for recipients but it cuts off for people who need it the most and also provides some bad incentives.
Well I don’t know what this means, but don’t be a fan, then. Try running for president maybe.

As @HereticBD said, there's good days and bad days.

They did NOT prepare him for a bad day.

Post a recent clip of him that isn't the TSOTU that he was having a good day.

'Prepare him for a bad day?'
Kinda hard to win a NASCAR race with a blown motor, busted transmission, and four flat tires.

Post a recent clip of him that isn't the TSOTU that he was having a good day.

'Prepare him for a bad day?'
Kinda hard to win a NASCAR race with a blown motor, busted transmission, and four flat tires.
His good days usually involve a teleprompter filled with gigantic words that he can read and repeat. And even then, he still fucks up and goes full Ron Burgendy 50% of the time. This guy has ended off statements with descriptors like "end of line" countless times.

He's been talking about the execution of 9 month old babies as a leading issue of his for like 3 months. When they make up less than one percent of abortions, and are strictly for strict medical reasons and need to be signed off by a doctor.

Painting the dems as satanic baby killers to pull at the heart strings of conservative voters.. it's just misleading.

Well, killing innocent babies is a big deal.

There is no medical reason to abort a baby at 9 months old. The baby is viable. So even if there was a health of the mother/baby issue, the baby could still be born.

Trump was actually quite articulate about the abortion topic. Explaining that the power is given back to the states and the voters of those states. Some states allow these abortions up until birth.

Democrats like to sensationalize and mislead the public about abortions and the results of Roe v Wade being overturned.

96% of abortions are for convenience. Things like "need to focus on my career" or "I'm just not ready"... that's not medically necessary.

Well, Pres. Obama humped the bunk during his first debate with Romney. I'm not going to throw in the towel on one debate.

Whomever that was on his debate prep team needs to be fired.

True. But despite the media making a fuss about Obama at the time, the greatest of their criticisms were things like "He needs to be more aggressive!" Tonight with Joe was more of a "Should we call an ambulance?"

But I hear you. One benefit of having this debate so far out is that there's plenty of time left to right that ship. But holy shit does the Biden campaign have some work to do.

True. But despite the media making a fuss about Obama at the time, the greatest of their criticisms were things like "He needs to be more aggressive!" Tonight with Joe was more of a "Should we call an ambulance?"

But I hear you. One benefit of having this debate so far out is that there's plenty of time left to right that ship. But holy shit does the Biden campaign have some work to do.

What would scare me more is if the Biden campaign were saying "Oh, it's no big deal!" No, they realize they shat the bed and now they're on cleanup duty and are saying "We MUST fix this!" Shame on CNN though for not fact-checking them both though.

BIden has taken out no-interest forgivable loans out of Chinese banks.

What do you think he has to do to have them forgiven?

Whether he's actually a marxist is irrelevant. He is, and always has been, for sale and China rents him out regularly.

Trump literally has hundreds of millions in foreign loans because American banks won't lend to him.

I'm glad you've gotten out of your everything i don't like is marxism phase though.

Well, killing innocent babies is a big deal.

There is no medical reason to abort a baby at 9 months old. The baby is viable. So even if there was a health of the mother/baby issue, the baby could still be born.

Trump was actually quite articulate about the abortion topic. Explaining that the power is given back to the states and the voters of those states. Some states allow these abortions up until birth.

Democrats like to sensationalize and mislead the public about abortions and the results of Roe v Wade being overturned.

96% of abortions are for convenience. Things like "need to focus on my career" or "I'm just not ready"... that's not medically necessary.

In a country which is turning to shit on a range of different fronts, to make this issue which affects a tiny percentage of aborted babies (we're talking points of 1 percent here) and blowing it up into a massive issue to pull on heart strings - is very disingenuous.

He's using it as a way to get all the conspiracy theorists and nut jobs on side, talking about dems like they're Satanists and baby murderers.

It was the Biden campaigned that called for this debate at this time.

You heard that right. They called for a debate now and took a week to prepare for it. And knowing how important it was, they fucked it up about as bad as one could.

That's exactly why they called for June. They knew what worst case was, and they gave themselves a cushion between the debate and election. I mean they took a chance on trying to capitalize on the trial and they got burned.

You can't prepare an old man who has good days and bad days. All you can do is pray that when he goes out there, that it's not a bad day.

It was a bad day.
Im not sure he has any "good days" left. His state of the union speech while miles better than this had plenty of old man moments and was boring as hell to sit through. And he was just reciting a speech there. He's a shell of the guy who ran in 2020, who is a shell of the guy who debated Paul Ryan in 2012.

People really need to go back and watch that 2012 debate to have proper context on who this guy used to be and how far he's fallen into senility.

Back