Official Resident Evil 2 (2019) Discussion **No Spoilers**

you can download DLC to play with the original music.

Do you realize how pathetic that sounds?

The new music is so uninteresting and uninspired that people have to download the old music ...

Where is the craftsmanship here? They even reused the RE7 engine ffs ...

People just accept it and tell other people:

"Shh, don't complain", "stop acting entitled", "please don't piss off capcom"

What a joke. I'm a paying customer, if I'm unsatisfied with a product I will voice my opinion. How else are they going to change?

Where is the craftsmanship here? They even reused the RE7 engine ffs ...
This proves to me what a huge idiot you are, and that youre either trolling or have no idea about how anything works in the industry.

This proves to me what a huge idiot you are, and that youre either trolling or have no idea about how anything works in the industry.

Please elaborate on this point.

What am I not understanding here?

Please elaborate on this point.

What am I not understanding here?
Developers don't roll out a new engine with every game release. No major developer/studio does that. Most just license (not sure if this is the proper term) an engine from someone else. There are a ton of games made using Epic's Unreal engine. A quick search shows that DMC 5 is only the third game to make use of RE engine. That's completely normal.

Developers don't roll out a new engine with every game release. No major developer/studio does that. Most just license (not sure if this is the proper term) an engine from someone else. There are a ton of games made using Epic's Unreal engine. A quick search shows that DMC 5 is only the third game to make use of RE engine. That's completely normal.

So, basically this game is kind of like a mod for Resident Evil 7, then?

The fixed camera angles of the original required more thought and craftsmenship into making the game. The background music, story, also had more thought into it.

With no A/B scenarios etc. This remake just seems lazy by comparison. Half baked.

We waited over 20 years for this ....

No, not unless you want to argue that Red Dead Redemption 2 is a mod for table tennis. Rockstar has been using the same engine since 2006.

No, not unless you want to argue that Red Dead Redemption 2 is a mod for table tennis. Rockstar has been using the same engine since 2006.

It certainly looks and feels like a Mod. Cutting corners.

A shortcut to not have to design a more elaborate, more thought out game/storyline/soundtrack ...

It certainly looks and feels like a Mod. Cutting corners.

A shortcut to not have to design a more elaborate, more thought out game/storyline/soundtrack ...
All I can tell you is you're in the minority. The user reviews are good everywhere. Knock yourself out trying to convince people it's bad I guess.

A lot of comments online say stuff like "its the perfect game, but my only gripe is that there are no A/B scenarios" .... as if this is a small issue ...

This is a MAJOR issue and tells me the developers were just lazy ... no excuses for that.

All I can tell you is you're in the minority. The user reviews are good everywhere. Knock yourself out trying to convince people it's bad I guess.

I know I am in the minority, bro.

A lot of fans just eat any crap that is served to them and feel pleased to have anything. "shhh, dont complain!!" Poverty mindset ...

Personally, I demand quality in everything as a customer. If I order a steak and it is half cooked, I send it back and get them to cook to properly. If I get a bad haircut, I go back and get them to fix it. Politely, of course.

I will wait longer and pay more money for a quality product.

Majority of people are too happy with sub-par products ...

Last edited:
I know I am in the minority, bro.

A lot of fans just eat any crap that is served to them and feel pleased to have anything. "shhh, dont complain!!" Poverty mindset ...

Personally, I demand quality in everything as a customer. If I order a steak and it is half cooked, I send it back and get them to cook to properly. If I get a bad haircut, I go back and get them to fix it.

I will wait longer and pay more money for a quality product.

Majority of people are too happy with sub-par products ...
What you're describing isn't happening with this game, which is pretty obvious in the wake of releases like Anthem, Fallout 76, the recent Battlefield etc. People have been plenty happy to complain about bad games recently. Like I said, knock yourself out.

What you're describing isn't happening with this game, which is pretty obvious in the wake of releases like Anthem, Fallout 76, the recent Battlefield etc. People have been plenty happy to complain about bad games recently. Like I said, knock yourself out.
Dont bother with him.

He's boring, and pretty ignorant too.

The fixed camera angles of the original required more thought and craftsmenship into making the game. The background music, story, also had more thought into it.
the only reason the old titles had fixed angles is for the pre rendered backgrounds compensating for a lack of graphics power. Gamecube could have handled it but they decided to keep it for the old remakes. Honestly if you’re that much in love with the old stuff, that’s fine. You’d prob be better off with the N64 version tbh. Everything is the same as the PSX version except with better analog control. Find an emulator and download that rom (assuming you own an original copy of the game).

Finally started playing it yesterday and it is ridiculous in 5.1 surround. There are so many background noises that have me checking my back. Makes things tense af.

They even ruined the Birkin transformation cutscene ... one the best cutscenes in gaming history.

This game, man ...

I have so many issues with this game, I could write a dissertation on it.

With no A/B scenarios etc. This remake just seems lazy by comparison. Half baked.

We waited over 20 years for this ....

Wha?

No company builds a gaming engine and then switches to another if it is good. They use it again and again till there is a need to build a new one.

Back