Official Resident Evil 2 (2019) Discussion **No Spoilers**

I sold this game today.

I replayed the original game so many times, sometimes even years apart. It's a masterpiece.

This remake/reimagining ... it's disappointing, I might even make a separate thread about my issues with it.
{<jordan}

The more time I reflect on this and how badly they have butchered the original game.

The story, the characters, the (lack of) music, the decision to go generic over the shoulder shooter instead of fixed camera angles, the darkness of all the frames, the annoying cinematic zombie bites ...

It's as if they spent more money on marketing than creating a good quality product ... it's funny, the driver giving the middle finger at the end was almost poetic to what the creator thinks of the fans. Notice how we see that middle finger directly through the eyes of Leon. It's almost a big "F U" to the fans of the original.

The over the shoulder camera angle is so generic now ... and boring. You see it in so many games now.

Mr X was cool, but it is kind of gimmicky ... the original game was truly timeless.

This "remake" makes me appreciate the original so much more.

I can't believe that there haven't been more negative reviews of this game online. There are a few that echo my sentiments... but there is like a "cult" of people telling you that it is a good game and to stop criticizing it.

It's so bizarre.

Last edited:
The more time I reflect on this and how badly they have butchered the original game.

The story, the characters, the (lack of) music, the decision to go generic over the shoulder shooter instead of fixed camera angles, the darkness of all the frames, the annoying cinematic zombie bites ...

It's as if they spent more money on marketing than creating a good quality product ... it's funny, the driver giving the middle finger at the end was almost poetic to what the creator thinks of the fans. Notice how we see that middle finger directly through the eyes of Leon. It's almost a big "F U" to the fans of the original.

The over the shoulder camera angle is so generic now ... and boring. You see it in so many games now.

Mr X was cool, but it is kind of gimmicky ... the original game was truly timeless.

This "remake" makes me appreciate the original so much more.

I can't believe that there haven't been more negative reviews of this game online. There are a few that echo my sentiments... but there is like a "cult" of people telling you that it is a good game and to stop criticizing it.

It's so bizarre.
{<jordan}

Did you play the original back in the day?
I recently played both of them.

Theyre fresh in my mind.

The original does some things better but its by no means, a better game. It had some dumb puzzles. Mr X isnt scary at all. Chief Irons is a better written, but Ada is worse of in that department. It has more iconic moments too, but as a whole product, its not better than Remake 2.

Good lord did the Sherry sections suck ass.

I love both games but Remake 2 is better to me, but its not a bad game like you say.

I recently played both of them.

Theyre fresh in my mind.

The original does some things better but its by no means, a better game. It had some dumb puzzles. Mr X isnt scary at all. Chief Irons is a better written, but Ada is worse of in that department. It has more iconic moments too, but as a whole product, its not better than Remake 2.

Good lord did the Sherry sections suck ass.

I love both games but Remake 2 is better to me, but its not a bad game like you say.

How did you get the original? Did you download from PSN?

I want to play the original. Erase this remake game from my memory...

The original was poetic, beautiful game and storyline. The Birkin cutscenes were insane.

Reminds me!! The remake even ruins Hunk ... they tried to make him "compassionate". Original Hunk didn't care about Birkin and just wanted the G virus sample! He even says "stop shooting, you might hit the sample" ... but NOW, Hunk is like "stop shooting him, we want to keep him alive" ... WTF!?! Hunk would never say that!

Geez!

They turned Claire into a potty-mouth. Original Claire was sweet, soft and caring ... what happened to her?

Last edited:
How did you get the original? Did you download from PSN?

I want to play the original. Erase this remake game from my memory...

The original was poetic, beautiful game and storyline. The Birkin cutscenes were insane.

Reminds me!! The remake even ruins Hunk ... they tried to make him "compassionate". Original Hunk didn't care about Birkin and just wanted the G virus sample! He even says "stop shooting, you might hit the sample" ... but NOW, Hunk is like "stop shooting him, we want to keep him alive" ... WTF!?! Hunk would never say that!

Geez!

They turned Claire into a potty-mouth. Original Claire was sweet, soft and caring ... what happened to her?

Man youre a virus, get it from the PSN. Nostalgia is a bitch.

Man youre a virus, get it from the PSN. Nostalgia is a bitch.

Look, it's not just nostalgia, man.

The fixed camera angles, the story, music, everything was better.

RE1: HD remaster is how you remake a game.

If you like it, I'm happy for you. But, as a big fan of the original 3 games. I can't accept this.

Resident Evil died with RE4.

<36>

Without RE4, RE would have been in limbo like Silent Hill.

RE4 saved the series, and its the best game in the series.

RE4 is not resident evil.

RE4 is a generic, over the shoulder, action horror game with the Resident Evil brand slapped on it.

RE4 is a generic, over the shoulder, action horror game
Ahh yes the game that revolutionised third person action games, is generic. There's a reason games are still copying it, because its a near perfect game.

But keep crying.

Ahh yes the game that revolutionised third person action games, is generic. There's a reason games are still copying it, because its a near perfect game.

But keep crying.

RE4 is almost a completely different genre of game to me.

The fixed camera angle, survival horror is quintessentially Resident Evil.

It would be like Final Fantasy going from traditional RPG style game to "over the shoulder" action ... it would be Final Fantasy in name only and essentially a different game.

Look, I liked Mass Effect series and that was an over the shoulder shooter game. But for Resident Evil ... I want RESIDENT EVIL.

The fixed camera angle, survival horror is quintessentially Resident Evil.
Survival horror is not fixed camera angles.

Its like the name suggests, survival horror. Limited ammunition, fighting your way out of a horrifying situation.

How can you love 3 when its essentially 4, with nemesis, and fixed camera angles. Its so damn bombastic, and, imo, fantastic.

Survival horror is not fixed camera angles.

Its like the name suggests, survival horror. Limited ammunition, fighting your way out of a horrifying situation.

How can you love 3 when its essentially 4, with nemesis, and fixed camera angles. Its so damn bombastic, and, imo, fantastic.

Look, If you like the game, I don't want to destroy your liking of it. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

For me, especially considering how good the RE1 remake was, I can't help but see the wasted potential here and have needed to vent somewhere. I guess we see different things in these games.

I'm gonna d/load the original and just rediscover it again.

Peace.

Goonerview, i really cant tell if youre serious or seriously bored right now.

Anyway, game is discounted now

No excuse not to pick it up now

Goonerview, i really cant tell if youre serious or seriously bored right now.

I'm serious.

I demand quality.

This is why Hollywood gets away with delivering below standard movies for so long. People put up with crap, they are going to get more crap.

Been reading other forums online discussing this game, and there are many people saying "shh stop complaining"

We are the customers, if we can't complain, then who can? What's wrong with having a critical opinion?

The music alone from the original was so good, it was like an opera. The music just evoked emotions in you, it was story-telling at its very finest, in game form.

The musical score when Leon and Claire meet in the stars office ... almost brings a tear to your eye. It plays as she realises that she can't find her brother and the whole world is falling apart ...

Beautiful. I can listen to this all day, takes me back ... and people tell me the storyline "doesn't matter" ... ugh, I don't even ...

The music alone from the original was so good, it was like an opera. The music just evoked emotions in you, it was story-telling at its very finest, in game form.

The musical score when Leon and Claire meet in the stars office ... almost brings a tear to your eye. It plays as she realises that she can't find her brother and the whole world is falling apart ...

Beautiful. I can listen to this all day, takes me back ... and people tell me the storyline "doesn't matter" ... ugh, I don't even ...

you can download DLC to play with the original music.

Back