No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

I love the game but as I near the end of Chapter 6 it’s wearing on me a bit.

Probably my biggest problem is that there is no real gameplay progression at all. You can literally waltz through every encounter with the first gear you have and never have a problem. It makes exploration a little less interesting and seriously removes the need to get money.

The story and characters are amazing though. I’m very interested in seeing how this plays out.

Agreed on all parts.

I'm not worked up, I just don't get why we should split up a stickied thread that's already slowed down to a crawl.

Because a lot of posters don't give a shit about the shitty online and don't want to discuss it??

Also, a lot of posters just picked this up for the holiday season and so have not had a chance to dive in yet.

Because a lot of posters don't give a shit about the shitty online and don't want to discuss it??

Also, a lot of posters just picked this up for the holiday season and so have not had a chance to dive in yet.
They need to post then and make use of the thread because the majority of the conversation outside of multiplayer is bitching about how boring it is. I really like the online and casting it off like a leper is only going to keep new people from playing it who may enjoy it too.

Last edited:
I’m waiting for something good to drop online it was fun forba while but it has slow down

Just finished the game today with good karma.

Was a little sad that there was no option to kill Dutch at the end, he really made some terrible decisions and became too self-obsessed imo. Also, Micah.. sadly is still alive. I begun to get interested in John by the end of the game, but not too interested that made me want to play as him..

Will replay this later this year with bad karma. The beginning of 2019 is loaded with some big games.

So crafting things I’m guessing a complete waste of time?

I finished the game and the only thing I did was buy some decent guns and better ammo. I never crafted anything as there was no need. The satchel you start with holds more than enough.

So crafting things I’m guessing a complete waste of time?

I finished the game and the only thing I did was buy some decent guns and better ammo. I never crafted anything as there was no need. The satchel you start with holds more than enough.

Pretty much. I found zero use or joy in crafting. Except maybe for the cool animal hats but that's about it.

Hunt legendary animals. Find the ghost train. Find the UFO. All the weird shit and Easter eggs. Get all of the possible weapons.

Yeah i'm aware of all that. I just feel I would have been more invested in doing all the map exploring as Arthur with some in game incentive. After the game is over it just doesn't feel the same riding through the world as John doing all that stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah i'm aware of all that. I just feel I would have been more invested in doing all the map exploring as Arthur with some in game incentive. After the game is over it just doesn't feel the same riding through the world as John doing all that stuff.

Are spoilers allowed now? Lol, I was going to reply in agreement but don’t want to say too much.

Just finished Chapter 6. Arthur is one of the best characters in gaming history.

Worth it just to see the story. But yeah getting through this game sometimes felt like a chore depending on what state of mind I was in. There was times when I wanted to just fuck stuff up and that's when the missions would drag. But there were times when the game would suck me into the world, and I'd have no problem with the slowness.

I am almost at the epilogue.

Tonight I was literally reading a book while traveling in cinematic mode.

I did love it and find it immersive up through Saint Denis. After that it's been a lot of repetition of both gameplay and story IMO.

I seriously just started my first playthrough this very second on RDR2.

Wish me luck my friends.

Its unfortunate that after spending 8 years on a game they still till the very end were cutting material and changing the story. Its painfully obvious during playthrough .

I love the game but as I near the end of Chapter 6 it’s wearing on me a bit.

Probably my biggest problem is that there is no real gameplay progression at all. You can literally waltz through every encounter with the first gear you have and never have a problem. It makes exploration a little less interesting and seriously removes the need to get money.

The story and characters are amazing though. I’m very interested in seeing how this plays out.

What aim settings do you use? Since there are no difficulty settings, you must disable auto-target, otherwise the gunfights are a damn joke.

I play in first person with Free Aim and when I'm in a gun fight, I always press down on the dpad to bring up close aim. That way you can actually precisely aim at foes with pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

The only issue with this setup is trying to aim while on horseback. But honestly, that is like 5% of the gunplay.

I also think this game is best played in shorter 1-3 hour spans where your goal is to explore a little, hunt a little, seek out stranger missions, and tackle a couple of main missions.

I've done this and I'm still on chapter 3, having bought the game on release day and I know I have at least 30 hours in if not more.

This game is not great for playing out a story because there is just too much goddamn riding back and forth and it absolutely kills the pacing. GTA V had a lot less map traversal and you could drive faster from point A to point B so it was easier to just play through all the missions as one cinematic experience imo.

I normally hate griefers but honestly some of them online are funny. Dude was running around Valentine today wearing nothing but overalls and killing everyone with a shotgun. Bodies everywhere. Eventually the other players and townsfolk got fed up and unloaded on him and he eventually quit. I watched it all from the gunsmiths window.

Back