No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

the more time you spend with a character, typically the more invested you will be regardless of medium. After I finished RDR2, I started a campaign on RDR1 as Marston. RDR2 makes me far more invested in Marston than RDR1 did. It's a different experience a bit with the knowledge of the prequel and going after Bill and Javier. Far more conflicted, like John feels.

Kill Bill, and I'm thinking of the time he got hair pomade or thanked Arthur for standing up for him, his fear of becoming insane like his father and like Dutch. Prior to RDR2, Bill was just a smug, stupid cowardly shit, a trope.

Where’s that dude who laughed at my kid and me for crying over the RDR2 ending and my kid playing RDR1 as John and demanding to play it knowing who John is?

I was randomly invited to a posse led by some 87 named White Wolf in Ojibwe, crazy coincidence. We just ran around 6 deep doing stranger missions and waiting the clock out. Nice way to earn some money and XP with no effort.

Man the 2nd half of this game has been absolutely brutal to get through. I am determined to beat it but I have god of war sitting on the shelf taunting me.

Worth it just to see the story. But yeah getting through this game sometimes felt like a chore depending on what state of mind I was in. There was times when I wanted to just fuck stuff up and that's when the missions would drag. But there were times when the game would suck me into the world, and I'd have no problem with the slowness.

One thing I really didn't like about the game during the Epilogue..

During the epilogue you get the option to explore the rest of the map past Blackwater as John. I thought the games missions would take me throughout the rest of the map but it didn't. Instead the game ended and I guess I have the option to explore everything, but without any missions to do in those towns or wherever I end up, it just feels sort of empty. It was sort of a bummer.

Just bought, fuck these instal times man....

Just bought, fuck these instal times man....

Alright, been up way too long with an East coast to west coast flight....played the intro and one of the two tutorial missions...liking it so far

Man the 2nd half of this game has been absolutely brutal to get through. I am determined to beat it but I have god of war sitting on the shelf taunting me.

I liked all of it. What is brutal?

GOW is a great game and good for playing with your kid but it feels unfinished - there’s 2/3 of the game there.

RDR2 is 2.5 games what with the complete story and mp and an epilogue that is longer and better than most full price AAA shooter shit.

One thing I really didn't like about the game during the Epilogue..

During the epilogue you get the option to explore the rest of the map past Blackwater as John. I thought the games missions would take me throughout the rest of the map but it didn't. Instead the game ended and I guess I have the option to explore everything, but without any missions to do in those towns or wherever I end up, it just feels sort of empty. It was sort of a bummer.

Hunt legendary animals. Find the ghost train. Find the UFO. All the weird shit and Easter eggs. Get all of the possible weapons.

Hunt legendary animals. Find the ghost train. Find the UFO. All the weird shit and Easter eggs. Get all of the possible weapons.

Any tips on coming across the UFO or ghost train? The hunting missions with Harnish are fun too.

I actually...

just got done visiting all the graves of the fallen members of the crew. Kind of haunting and sad all at the same time.

It needs it's own thread IMHO like GTAO has.

Edit: created a thread go there @Slick_36 etc.
Sorry, the thread was already dying anyways and was basically just people arguing about how boring it was by the time multiplayer dropped. Sue me for not engaging with the story because I don't want to be spoiled.

Last edited:
Sorry, the thread was already dying anyways and was basically just people arguing about how boring it was by the time multiplayer dropped. Sure me for not engaging with the story because I don't want to be spoiled.
As far as I knew nobody else was posting shit in here.

I liked all of it. What is brutal?

GOW is a great game and good for playing with your kid but it feels unfinished - there’s 2/3 of the game there.

RDR2 is 2.5 games what with the complete story and mp and an epilogue that is longer and better than most full price AAA shooter shit.

Missions have gotten repetitive and I am sick of riding my horse across the map. Those are the main things making it difficult for me to finish. I have literally started falling asleep a couple times trying to ride to a check point.

Pretty early in the game money and items become a non factor IMO so I don't feel the need to go do activities to earn money. Occasionally I will go do a side mission but for the most part i've just reached a point where I am done with it and can't wait for it to be over. Exploring, hunting, and fishing are not fun anymore either. I like the game, the story, the characters, etc but this shit is dragging. It seems like it's been about 10 major missions now with no big developments with Arthur and Dutch having the same conversation over and over again.

Sorry, the thread was already dying anyways and was basically just people arguing about how boring it was by the time multiplayer dropped. Sue me for not engaging with the story because I don't want to be spoiled.

Calm down, I didn't mean anything by it. The thread title says no spoilers and we got tags. RDO is basically another game unto itself so it makes sense to split it up.

Calm down, I didn't mean anything by it. The thread title says no spoilers and we got tags. RDO is basically another game unto itself so it makes sense to split it up.
I'm not worked up, I just don't get why we should split up a stickied thread that's already slowed down to a crawl.

I love the game but as I near the end of Chapter 6 it’s wearing on me a bit.

Probably my biggest problem is that there is no real gameplay progression at all. You can literally waltz through every encounter with the first gear you have and never have a problem. It makes exploration a little less interesting and seriously removes the need to get money.

The story and characters are amazing though. I’m very interested in seeing how this plays out.

Back