News Official: Khabib Nurmagomedov suspended nine months and fined $500,000 by the NAC

IMG-2048.jpg

Agreed both these guys committed a crime
Khabib wasn't charged by Danis, so it wasn't a crime.
Conor was charged by Chiesa, so it was a crime.

I'm not even American but apparently I understand your law system better than 95% of you.

Khabib wasn't charged by Danis, so it wasn't a crime.
Conor was charged by Chiesa, so it was a crime.

I'm not even American but apparently I understand your law system better than 95% of you.
Case law says otherwise and no you don't

Case law says otherwise and no you don't
Guy. If you punch me in the face, and I or the establishment the fight took place decide not to charge you, you have not committed a crime. The police cannot show up on your doorstep the next day without a victim charging you of something. Now if I punch you in the face, and you do decide to charge me, I have committed a crime. The police can, and will, show up on my doorstep the next day.

This isn't rocket science here. Every time two individuals get into a fight, it's not automatically assault. One of those individuals has to make that charge on the other.
Otherwise everybody who has two sons growing up together, their children would be committing assault on a daily basis.

NSAC: "Give us 500k and make us look like we're decent people by shooting a PSA for us"

Guy. If you punch me in the face, and I or the establishment the fight took place decide not to charge you, you have not committed a crime. The police cannot show up on your doorstep the next day without a victim charging you of something. Now if I punch you in the face, and you do decide to charge me, I have committed a crime. The police can, and will, show up on my doorstep the next day.

This isn't rocket science here. Every time two individuals get into a fight, it's not automatically assault. One of those individuals has to make that charge on the other.
Otherwise everybody who has two sons growing up together, their children would be committing assault on a daily basis.
A crime is committed the fact a witness doesn't want to press charges weakens the case and prosecuting attorney may decide not to proceed

Doesn't mean a crime didn't happen

I suggest you do a bit more research champ

Lol at 95%

LOL half a million dollar fine? Fuck off. Money grubbing corrupt shits.

A crime is committed the fact a witness doesn't want to press charges weakens the case and prosecuting attorney may decide not to proceed

Doesn't mean a crime didn't happen

I suggest you do a bit more research champ

Lol at 95%
I don't think you understand how stupid your stance is atm. I'll help you out again.

If my friend walks into my house without my knowledge, by your letter of the law, he/she is breaking and entering. Flat out. Full stop. Done. Their authorization into my home was not given. The police could be driving by, think something is amiss, toss my friend in jail and nothing I say or do can alleviate the circumstance the police have put my friend in. He/she broke the law.

In reality, that isn't how the law works. The police that brought my friend in aren't charging him/her. They will detain my friend for however many hours, and without me pressing charges, he/she will go free with nothing going against their record because they hadn't committed a crime despite the fact that by definition of what has transpired that is breaking and entering.

In your world, everybody would be in jail constantly.

I bet he feels dumb.. 500k lol wow but i think he made 2m or 4m total from conor fight.

Way more on PPV points alone
The fight did 2.4m buys
If he had a shitty PPV point tier like Alvarez he would make $5m+ & you know he had a much better one

How much was conor charged for the dolly incident? I think khabib should be fined no more than half of what conor was fined for that incident

I don't think you understand how stupid your stance is atm. I'll help you out again.

If my friend walks into my house without my knowledge, by your letter of the law, he/she is breaking and entering. Flat out. Full stop. Done. Their authorization into my home was not given. The police could be driving by, think something is amiss, toss my friend in jail and nothing I say or do can alleviate the circumstance the police have put my friend in. He/she broke the law.

In reality, that isn't how the law works. The police that brought my friend in aren't charging him/her. They will detain my friend for however many hours, and without me pressing charges, he/she will go free with nothing going against their record because they hadn't committed a crime despite the fact that by definition of what has transpired that is breaking and entering.

https://www.quora.com/If-someone-is...an-the-assaulter-still-get-into-legal-trouble

Read up mr 95%

No, actually your argument is a fallacy. From a practical standpoint, Khabib wouldn't generally be charged as nobody was actually injured. But saying that a victim needs to press charges in order for someone to be charged with assault is completely false. Comparing it to your benign B&E scenario is laughable. There are a myriad of reasons that people don't press charges in assault cases. In some of these situations, DA's have enough evidence without victim cooperation to go forward with a case (and they do go forward with it). Repeat offenders, egregious offenses, etc. etc.

I realize you are trying to tie this back to Khabib. And yes, in his situation it's extremely unlikely he'd ever be charged without a victim pressing charges. But trying to make a blanket statement about assault in general like you did is way off. My wife's stepfather was a DA for almost 15 years, and trust me he tried assault cases (and won them) where the witness refused to cooperate. He had to pick and choose very carefully of course, but it is a fact that under the right circumstances you can convict someone on assault (even simple assault) without the victim pressing charges.

Immoral, what are you rambling about?

Listen, I'll make this simple to understand. If you initiated a brutal fist fight with somebody at your place of employment you can, and probably would be, charged by the individual you got into a fist fight with and also be suspended or fired by your employer. Just because you're being dealt with by the police doesn't mean the employer is suddenly going to let you off the hook in terms of punishment. That would be immoral for all those other employees on the payroll.... Which is exactly the point I'm presenting.
That's fine. All I was saying is comparing the two incidents doesn't really make sense.

Then it spun into stuff that I haven't even researched yet

Immoral, what are you rambling about?

Listen, I'll make this simple to understand. If you initiated a brutal fist fight with somebody at your place of employment you can, and probably would be, charged by the individual you got into a fist fight with and also be suspended or fired by your employer. Just because you're being dealt with by the police doesn't mean the employer is suddenly going to let you off the hook in terms of punishment. That would be immoral for all those other employees on the payroll.... Which is exactly the point I'm presenting.
Just went back.. also, all I wanted to know for all those saying bs, what should have the punishment been? Then these khabib fans cry about Conor this Conor that. They were both in the wrong, but their situations are different

Back