Official Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson scorecards released

The only for sure round were:
Gus 1
Jones 4 and 5
I could see an argument either way for the other two. I had Gus winning the belt but I don't fault anyone for scoring it the other way.

But in order to beat the Champ you need to win dominantly or finish him. That didnt happen. You cant give a very close fight to a challenger who almost got finished in the 4th round..

Why?

Even if you disagree there is nothing wrong with his scorecard. You don't know how close he thought the rounds were.. He could have been one punch away from giving one of those to Gus.

Just because its a 49-46 doesn't mean he thought Jones breezed by him.

If he was one punch away from giving it to Gus he should have scored the round a draw. 49-46 is a ridiculous score imo

But in order to beat the Champ you need to win dominantly or finish him. That didnt happen. You cant give a very close fight to a challenger who almost got finished in the 4th round..

In order to beat the champ you need to.... beat the champ.

That's all there is to it man.

That totally makes sense to me. I might give the 3rd round a draw in retrospect. Thus, JBJ would still be champ.

Im not over how great a fight we saw on saturday

Chris Lee needs to get fired.

I saw a different fight and thought the decision was horrible, but fired is a bit much... 2-5 were quite subjective... 3 was one sided so I'd like an explanation... but ya know the other 2 judges divided on 3 as well. Most people here divided on 3.

Next time knock him the fuck out...

But that shouldn't be the case. Fights should be judged fairly. Jesus.. We've gotten so many bad decisions lately that people are starting to accept biased judging. Thats fucked up

Chris Lee is somebody I really dislike.

Yeah how dare somebody give Jones the 2nd and 3rd rounds. You know the two rounds people are most split on.

Some people need to think before they post.

Why?

Even if you disagree there is nothing wrong with his scorecard. You don't know how close he thought the rounds were.. He could have been one punch away from giving one of those to Gus.

Just because its a 49-46 doesn't mean he thought Jones breezed by him.

Rnd 3 was not close! Thats why!

If he was one punch away from giving it to Gus he should have scored the round a draw. 49-46 is a ridiculous score imo

Don't be silly. People were split on the 2nd and 3rd rounds. It's not unreasonable for a judge to have given both to Jones. Think before you post.

The only for sure round were:
Gus 1
Jones 4 and 5
I could see an argument either way for the other two. I had Gus winning the belt but I don't fault anyone for scoring it the other way.

Agree with this.
The fight was really close. Could have gone either way.

Don't be silly. People were split on the 2nd and 3rd rounds. It's not unreasonable for a judge to have given both to Jones. Think before you post.

I said it was ridiculous 'in my opinion'. Can I not give my opinion as an mma fan on an mma fansite? I thought Gus definitely won 1 and 2, 3 was close but I thought Gus won that too. Think before you post, if thats even possible with that miniscule turd you have for a brain..

1- very clearly gus. landed the better of the strikes and got a td
2. jones- got the better of the striking very slightly not too much going on
3. gus- got the better of the striking very slightly not too much going on
4. very clearly jones as he had the most signifigant blows in the entire match and gus appeared to be very hurt.
5. clearly jones as he got the better of the striking, and got a takedown.

Those score cards are all over the place

I said it was ridiculous 'in my opinion'. Can I not give my opinion as an mma fan on an mma fansite? I thought Gus definitely won 1 and 2, 3 was close but I thought Gus won that too. Think before you post, if thats even possible with that miniscule turd you have for a brain..

And your opinion was silly. You can give your opinion all you want, and everyone can call it silly all they want. Let's not get upset and resort to insults.

See the fight here in Brasil. rooting for gus, I have scored 1 Gus, 2 Jones, 3 Gus and 4 Gun Gun until that elbow. Jones 2 , 4, 5 unfortunately

I've never been to a live UFC event, but do the judges only see whats in front of them or do they get all the camera angles we get at home?

Back