Official Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson scorecards released

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/2...ander-gustafsson-scorecards-released-mma-news

Judge Richard Bertrand, who scored the fight 48-47 for Jones, gave him rounds 2, 4, and 5, scoring 1 and 3 for Gustafsson.

Judge Doug Crosby, who also scored the fight 48-47 for Jones, had the champion winning 3, 4, and 5, giving Gustafsson rounds 1 and 2.

And finally, judge Chris Lee, who scored the fight 49-46 for Jones, only awarded Gustafsson the first round, awarding 2, 3, 4, and 5 to Jones. All Judges agreed that Jones won 4 and 5 and that Gustafsson won round 1, it was only the middle two that saw them divided in their scoring.

Chris Lee needs to get fired.

I thought Gus won round 3 pretty clearly, I'm surprised two of them had Jones winning that. Even still, if both of the judges gave that round to Gus, it'd have been a split decision so they got it right in the end.

i just rewatched the fight and looked at the fightmetric and i agree with crosby
imo gus took first two then almost all jones

round three was the only one i was really on the fence on i had to watch it twice once without the sound and gus landed more to the head but the body and leg work from jones made me give it to him

The only for sure round were:
Gus 1
Jones 4 and 5
I could see an argument either way for the other two. I had Gus winning the belt but I don't fault anyone for scoring it the other way.

Why?

Even if you disagree there is nothing wrong with his scorecard. You don't know how close he thought the rounds were.. He could have been one punch away from giving one of those to Gus.

Just because its a 49-46 doesn't mean he thought Jones breezed by him.

So the other judges scoring the same rounds he scored for Jones is okay but because he scored both of them that way means he did a bad job? 2 and 3 were so close, you really could have given either one to either guy. He gave them both to Jones.

Not saying I scored it the same(I had the same score Bertrand had), but none of those scores were bad and even if someone had scored 1, 2, and 3 for Gus, I don't think you could be upset with that.

Why? One judge gave Jones round 2 and one gave Jones round 3. What's so bad about a judge giving both 2 and 3 to Jones? It hurt your feelings?

Gus 1
Jones 4 and 5
I could see an argument either way for the other two. I had Gus winning the belt but I don't fault anyone for scoring it the other way.

Exactly! Except I had Jones winning, but I wouldn't be upset either way.

1,2 to Gus, 3 was close, but JJ basically only landed that LHK at the end of round 3, so i gave 3 to Gus, rounds 4,5 no doubt was JJ.

Rounds 2 & 3 were so close that having them as draw would be appropriate as well. Round 5 truly decided the match as two of the judges had Gus and Jones with 2 rounds each.

Jones pulled through in the end.

Gus 1
Jones 4 and 5

This is how I see it

Chris Lee scored Woodley/Shields 30-27 Woodley.

Dude is probably a closet cuckold

Gus 1
Jones 4 and 5

I had Jones 2, 4, 5, but i agree with this.

All Judges agreed that Jones won 4 and 5 and that Gustafsson won round 1, it was only the middle two that saw them divided in their scoring.

Funny, I've been screaming the exact same thing from the roofs out here in Sherdoggia but nobody wants to admit it.

Jones wins either way. Even if you score those 2 & 3 10-10.

By far my favorite Jones fight.

I had Gus winning 1 and 3 and winning 4 until that elbow

It's amazing how all over the place those scores are. I'm surprised at least 1 of them didn't give rd 4 to Gus

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back