Official Fallout 76 Discussion

Did they fix this yet? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't want to grind and get something awesome while some jackhole runs around naked and robs everyone blind.

I love New Vegas and Outer Worlds too.

Did you know Chris Avallone is working on (interactive) story of Dying Light 2. I really liked the gameplay of the first game so adding him and the rpg elements sounds awesome.

I cannot wait for DL2. When is that supposed to come out now or did they finally give up on attaching a date to the release?

Did they fix this yet? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't want to grind and get something awesome while some jackhole runs around naked and robs everyone blind.

They're still working on it.

Yeah...

I'm gonna hard pass on this until that gets fixed.
People can't do it now because they disabled vending. Which suck cause I need to sell some shit.

J dumped so many hours into Dying Light. My first playthrough of Dead Island was one of my favorite gaming experiences. Just me and some buddies going through the apocalypse. I'm so stoked for Dying Light 2.

On topic though. I fucking love Fallout 76 now. I'm glad I waited to really get into it with this update. The map is massive and diverse, not to mention gorgeous. One thing a lot of people miss is just how good the ambient music. It really sets the tone when you're walking along a road and find a skeleton with a gun next to him, a bottle in his hand and a gas tank next to him. A story in itself.

I play Fallout to roleplay and get lost in it. Wastelanders is finally what I wanted from a multiplayer Fallout experience.

I like the soundtrack but Fallout has pretty high standard on ambient music.

My all-time favorite is Nectopolis from Fallout 1. So freaking dark. Still get chills from this..

I like the soundtrack but Fallout has pretty high standard on ambient music.

My all-time favorite is Nectopolis from Fallout 1. So freaking dark. Still get chills from this..

I'm partial to this one. Still remember hearing it for the first time, at night in the Mojave desert while the radroaches were nearby.

The "Cold Case" side quest really tugged on my heartstrings for some reason.

Also I love the stories they tell with the placement of the skeletons. I was sneaking through the prison, barbecue sauce on my titties, and came across a skeleton in a bathtub with a fork in one hand and a toaster in the other with kids blocks organized to say "pwease" by the side of the tub.

I'm partial to this one. Still remember hearing it for the first time, at night in the Mojave desert while the radroaches were nearby.

I think this is the military base or BOS base theme in original Fallout / F2?

The "Cold Case" side quest really tugged on my heartstrings for some reason.

Also I love the stories they tell with the placement of the skeletons. I was sneaking through the prison, barbecue sauce on my titties, and came across a skeleton in a bathtub with a fork in one hand and a toaster in the other with kids blocks organized to say "pwease" by the side of the tub.

I remember when Fallout 3 came out and it was getting some shit from old school fans for its quest writing (in NMA forums). Someone defended and said that Bethesda does great environmental story telling which sparked an argument. Someone joked that maybe Bethesda does a Fallout with only environmental story telling next.

Little they knew, lol.

I think this is the military base or BOS base theme in original Fallout / F2?

The name certainly implies it is BOS-related.

Edit: It has been used in at least two games in the series, though. Probably something of a standard.

Last edited:
Bought the CD key from a third party site when Wastelanders dropped for $20. Since getting positive reviews on Steam, people aren't selling it for less than $30-$35.

I am really really digging this game. I got about 40 hours in now and am about 3/4 of the way through the Wastelanders quests and not too too far into the normal games quests. Just got level 30 on my sniper build and it feels awesome. Having problems with bigger thicker targets like Bears and shit, but I just avoid them for now.

Friend is buying it Monday, so gonna help him through shit and enjoy this game at a pretty chill pace. Hopefully I can find ways to keep myself busy "end game" after the stories are all over.

Yeah...

I'm gonna hard pass on this until that gets fixed.

My cousin boguht both No Man's Sky and 76 on day one. He's axtually played NMS a lot since they've improved it. He loaded up 76, and I laughed when he started stealing people's shit right in front of him.

What realistic npc behaviors!!!

It's clear they took out the npcs in the first place because the architecture of the game simply wasn't built for it, which shows Bethesda was 100% going for a straight up cash grab.

if this game is even like a 6/10 now it's apparently the biggest turn-around ever.

if this game is even like a 6/10 now it's apparently the biggest turn-around ever.
I'm a pretty die hard fan.i fucking LOVE it now.

I remember when Fallout 3 came out and it was getting some shit from old school fans for its quest writing (in NMA forums). Someone defended and said that Bethesda does great environmental story telling which sparked an argument. Someone joked that maybe Bethesda does a Fallout with only environmental story telling next.

Little they knew, lol.

I had to come back to Sherdog after finding a skeleton trapped under a port a potty holding a plunger just to give this post more appreciation.

Bought the CD key from a third party site when Wastelanders dropped for $20. Since getting positive reviews on Steam, people aren't selling it for less than $30-$35.

I am really really digging this game. I got about 40 hours in now and am about 3/4 of the way through the Wastelanders quests and not too too far into the normal games quests. Just got level 30 on my sniper build and it feels awesome. Having problems with bigger thicker targets like Bears and shit, but I just avoid them for now.

Friend is buying it Monday, so gonna help him through shit and enjoy this game at a pretty chill pace. Hopefully I can find ways to keep myself busy "end game" after the stories are all over.
Same, I got it a few weeks ago before Wastelanders came out for $18 dollars and linked my Bethesda account with Steam.

It's been a fun game. It has a cool survival feeling, and the sky is the limit as far as what the developers want/can do.

I'm a pretty die hard fan.i fucking LOVE it now.

I had to come back to Sherdog after finding a skeleton trapped under a port a potty holding a plunger just to give this post more appreciation.
I ran across a little girl standing next to her dead dog's grave, crying about that "stupid molerat". There was a toy in the grave. I grabbed it, and she asked for it back lol.

My cousin boguht both No Man's Sky and 76 on day one. He's axtually played NMS a lot since they've improved it. He loaded up 76, and I laughed when he started stealing people's shit right in front of him.

What realistic npc behaviors!!!

It's clear they took out the npcs in the first place because the architecture of the game simply wasn't built for it, which shows Bethesda was 100% going for a straight up cash grab.

This is true. Even tho the NPC's are pretty well voice acted and the dialogue is good, it is still a multiplayer game and that's why the world can't react to one player's actions that well (save the story areas where you only can go alone).

I really don't like the multiplayer aspect, although I have to say the community seems nice this far. I've vomited on a player wearing Santa Claus costume and bought some aluminium from a latex nurse character who was building a straight up farm.

Back