• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Official Dying Light 2 Discussion (PS/PC/Xbox)

Ok I was a dumbass here. I shouldn’t play games while preworkout is kicking in. Pray for the entire neighborhood once Elden Ring drops, boys.
Storm in a teacup d/shot is known. All Arcade regs for their own safety have been instructed to dress accordingly before logging in upon ER release...

8d2d02673801e4e96743f6130be856fc.gif

I got some questions..

I read there arent any guns. I mostly played with melee in the first one, but are there ZERO guns in this?

Also, when blowing shit up, is there gore? I noticed with the first one and days gone, you hardly see dismemberment animations..
There's a gun, it's called the boomstick, but I barely used it. You can also use crossbows (bow and arrow too?). I never used my crossbow either. There was only mission at the end where you face a lot of ranged attacks, but you go into monster mode and chop them up.

It's so easy to close distance on enemies, so I never felt the need to use ranged attacks. There's a skill you can unlock that let's you charge and shoulder block enemies, sending them flying. It's my go to move on everyone, even staggers bigger monsters a bit. I have this two handed monster blade thing that chops shit up. The gore is great, and if enemies health is low, and you aim for body parts, they'll dismember, and the body will fly accordingly. It's incredibly gratifying.

I finished this last night and absolutely loved the game overall, but the ending felt a bit anticlimactic. Your choices do have an effect on the ending you get, but it didn't feel that impactful. There was some character involved that I never had any dealing with, at least I think so. I was a little confused

I put about 35 hours into game, so I naturally missed a ton of side quests, but I just wanted to wrap the main story. Near the end, I was really enjoying the story between the Peacekeepers and Renegades. There was something building there but it fell flat at the end. I don't want to spoil anything, but one of the leaders looks like he's up to some shady shit, but it never got resolved for me on screen, only as exposition.

You can only assign installations to the Peacekeepers and Survivors, which gives you different benefits, but apparently you can gain favour with the Renegades too? I roamed that map like mad, and never had any quests that let me work with the Renegades. I actually liked their leader, but I only met him at the end

Some of the sidequests have nice twists to their stories, but they aren't layered anywhere close to New Vegas, or better "choices matter" games, which is what this was being billed as.

There's no NG+ yet, but you can continue playing, doing challenges and side quests you missed. I may mess around a bit, as the navigation is sublime. They really nailed the parkour. The shitty thing near the end is that some parts of the city get missile struck, so it's hard to see where you're going, not fun.

I'm looking forward to story DLC, but that's a few months out. I'll prob shelf it until then.

In my playthrough, I had no crashes or bugs, and i'm on the version before the last patch (not the one that came out today/yesterday). I prevented Steam from updating, as I had a mod that gave my melee weapons unlimited durability, and didn't want to lose it. I know some people had some issues, but thankfully I didn't. I highly recommend modding that. Once I get a weapon I like, I hate having to discard it. It really sucks you can't repair them here.

If you ever want to prevent Steam from updating a game, just use this guy's method for Skyrim, worked like a charm.

This game is a def worth the money, and it only gets better gameplay wise the longer you play/more skills you get. I enjoyed the earlier parts of Dying light 1 more, this is the opposite.

Solid 8 out of 10 for me.

Last edited:
The more I play this, the more I like it. Night time just makes this game so much better.

I'm starting to hate this Waltz fucker too.

The more I play this, the more I like it. Night time just makes this game so much better.

I'm starting to hate this Waltz fucker too.
They did a really good job with the contrast between rooftops and streets during the daytime. It's so dreary at street level, but filled with life higher up. Rooftops can still be dangerous at night, but it's generally easy to get to safety, or just wreck enemies.

I love the nighttime in this. I always start to panic if I fall to the streets accidentally, as it's so hard to tell where you can climb to safety. It's not as perilous as the first game, but still gets the heart pumping.

That shoulder block charge is a godsend though, gets you out of lots of messes. Jack up your stamina, and you'll be rarely be in too much trouble. That skill and my two hander axe/pipe thing just brutalizes enemies. It makes going inside buildings during the daytime doable.

I wish they had NG+ in this already. I didn't know it wasn't available yet at the time, or I wouldn't have finished the main story so quickly.

Apparently in earlier builds you could join the Renegade faction. You can tell there were some big revisions over development, because it feels like chunks are missing, while others are slapped together. Hopefully they bring that back in future DLC, or modders can piece together files. I'm sure there's a treasure trove of unused elements lying around.

They did a really good job with the contrast between rooftops and streets during the daytime. It's so dreary at street level, but filled with life higher up. Rooftops can still be dangerous at night, but it's generally easy to get to safety, or just wreck enemies.

I love the nighttime in this. I always start to panic if I fall to the streets accidentally, as it's so hard to tell where you can climb to safety. It's not as perilous as the first game, but still gets the heart pumping.

That shoulder block charge is a godsend though, gets you out of lots of messes. Jack up your stamina, and you'll be rarely be in too much trouble. That skill and my two hander axe/pipe thing just brutalizes enemies. It makes going inside buildings during the daytime doable.

I wish they had NG+ in this already. I didn't know it wasn't available yet at the time, or I wouldn't have finished the main story so quickly.

Apparently in earlier builds you could join the Renegade faction. You can tell there were some big revisions over development, because it feels like chunks are missing, while others are slapped together. Hopefully they bring that back in future DLC, or modders can piece together files. I'm sure there's a treasure trove of unused elements lying around.
There is a way to join the Renegade or just semi join. They have a Renegade ending you just have to do some things a certain way tho i haven't looked up what that is

The UV light bars are clutch when you need to get those fuckers off you with the quickness and make a break for it.

I need to figure out how to get more of those infected trophies. I guess I needs to search some of the harder infected that I kill more often. I noticed after I went back through an area that I cleared at night that there were a bunch lying around from the those fast zombies I killed.

The UV light bars are clutch when you need to get those fuckers off you with the quickness and make a break for it.

I need to figure out how to get more of those infected trophies. I guess I needs to search some of the harder infected that I kill more often. I noticed after I went back through an area that I cleared at night that there were a bunch lying around from the those fast zombies I killed.
It's all fun and games until these fuckers show up. That breathing as they chase you makes my skin crawl
latest

Like I mentioned, I like going into buildings during the day, usually to find inhibitors when I comes across them. You can get some cheap shots on the aggressive smaller infected (that dive at you) just outside the areas you need to crouch through to get inside. There's nothing worse than seeing a Volatile though once in there. The UV bars are super clutch, but it's fun to try and take them on when it's one on one.

Your av is mesmerizing btw, who is that?

No guns?? Lol pass shit game

Slow to start wasn't really feeling it but then it gets moving and I'm having a lot of fun and can't put it down
Doom easter egg is pretty cool
Feels like the physics on the zombies is not up to par

There is a way to join the Renegade or just semi join. They have a Renegade ending you just have to do some things a certain way tho i haven't looked up what that is
Were you able to join them, if only partially. I really liked the leader, hopefully on a diff playthrough there's more possible interaction

For any cat feeling nostalgic or who never got a chance to play the original, DL next-gen now available for PS:

Priced to buy ATM:

Just bought this. Coworker’s son is the voice of someone in the game. Not sure who

Just looked, it’s Aiden. We’ll damn. Good for him

Just bought this. Coworker’s son is the voice of someone in the game. Not sure who

Just looked, it’s Aiden. We’ll damn. Good for him

Oh damn that's pretty cool. This game is still in my backlog but I think I might pick it up soon. Not sure though so much stuff coming out at the end of this year.

Back