• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Official Dying Light 2 Discussion (PS/PC/Xbox)

Just started playing. On the mission to get a biomarker from the hospital.

what I’m wondering is after running from the zombies at night why we didn’t just lop one zombies arm off and take their biomarker.

Okay, fucking with @jojoRed aside, I don’t think I like this game. I haven’t really had a chance to sit down and flesh it out but my initial experience hasn’t been great to say the least. I even encountered a bug where a story mission didn’t progress until I died once. Also not liking the auto save points. Need a quick save option or something. Going out at night is more tedious than terrifying. Idk man. I’ll keep playing.

Just started playing. On the mission to get a biomarker from the hospital.

what I’m wondering is after running from the zombies at night why we didn’t just lop one zombies arm off and take their biomarker.

IIRC Hakan says that that biomarkers are personal and can be used only used by the person it's first synced with.

Okay, fucking with @jojoRed aside, I don’t think I like this game. I haven’t really had a chance to sit down and flesh it out but my initial experience hasn’t been great to say the least. I even encountered a bug where a story mission didn’t progress until I died once. Also not liking the auto save points. Need a quick save option or something. Going out at night is more tedious than terrifying. Idk man. I’ll keep playing.

I felt the same way but it's weirdly growing on me now after 20 hours. Becoming more powerful makes parkour and combat gameplay so much more fun.

I felt the same way but it's weirdly growing on me now after 20 hours. Becoming more powerful makes parkour and combat gameplay so much more fun.
Yeah right now I’m just mashing the melee button with shit weapons. Maybe that’s why it sucks lol

Well I’m on my first uninstall. The immunity mechanic is fucking stupid. I was kicking some things ass in a restricted area to get more immunity boosters but was gonna run out of immunity before it died. Went to run to a UV light and got stuck and killed. This game sucks fucking ass.

I got some questions..

I read there arent any guns. I mostly played with melee in the first one, but are there ZERO guns in this?

Also, when blowing shit up, is there gore? I noticed with the first one and days gone, you hardly see dismemberment animations..

Well I’m on my first uninstall. The immunity mechanic is fucking stupid. I was kicking some things ass in a restricted area to get more immunity boosters but was gonna run out of immunity before it died. Went to run to a UV light and got stuck and killed. This game sucks fucking ass.
you can take the mushrooms or the immunity puffer thing to reset the counter.

I got some questions..

I read there arent any guns. I mostly played with melee in the first one, but are there ZERO guns in this?

Also, when blowing shit up, is there gore? I noticed with the first one and days gone, you hardly see dismemberment animations..
I’ve been hacking off heads and limbs left and right. Also, apparently, different weapons actually cause different wounds on enemies.

Buddy of mine has been playing this coop with a few friends and says it's awesome.
Great to hear. This is a must-play for me but the release window is too stacked; had to back-burner it, unfortunately. A later state of play will prove content-fuller and more polished – this has been my thinking considering I was naively going to squeeze this mammoth world and adventure into what, a fortnight before Bandai launches ER? Me laughing at myself:

ha-ha-the-simpsons.gif

I was naively going to squeeze this mammoth world and adventure into what, a fortnight before Bandai launches ER? Me laughing at myself:

ha-ha-the-simpsons.gif

Yea I didn't even see that as a possibility and wasn't going to attempt it. I've placed this on the back burner as well there's just to much to play right now. ER is 100% next for me and after that it's either Horizon or Ghost will see what I'm in the mood for when the time comes. Most likely leaning Horizon because I really enjoyed the story in the first and I want to see where they take it from here.

PS and Xbox patches pushed:

On my second uninstall, chasing Hubie and he found the perfect hiding spot because with the stamina system, I can’t climb the building no matter which method I try. Game has completely missed the mark. This is absolutely trash.

PC recommendations for optimisation courtesy of DF:

First DLC incoming:

On my second uninstall, chasing Hubie and he found the perfect hiding spot because with the stamina system, I can’t climb the building no matter which method I try. Game has completely missed the mark. This is absolutely trash.
Ok I was a dumbass here. I shouldn’t play games while preworkout is kicking in. Pray for the entire neighborhood once Elden Ring drops, boys.

Back