Multiplatform Official Dragon's Dogma 2 Discussion

I just don't get the complaints about the microtransactions here. None of it is ground breaking, and it was in fact mentioned there may be some IF people would have actually spent the time to read the description of the Deluxe edition.

So I'm about to start day 2 of my adventures. Think I'm going to start my save from the last inn and hopefully find my own way into the next area. Wish me luck.

I just don't get the complaints about the microtransactions here. None of it is ground breaking, and it was in fact mentioned there may be some IF people would have actually spent the time to read the description of the Deluxe edition.

Some Twitch streamer I have watched playing the game have reported some pretty serious technical issues.

Some Twitch streamer I have watched playing the game have reported some pretty serious technical issues.
Those are legit complaints, but since I play on a PS5 I don't seem to be having any of these issues. At least so far.

While I'm sure computers get better graphics, I'm not an FPS Size Queen so that doesn't effect me in the least.

And? This game is nothing like Demon's Souls. Its not a Soulslike. If that's what you're looking for go play another game.
I don't think the comparison is that off base. There are similar elements, being that they're both action RPG's, with a heavy emphasis on exploration, character builds and challenge. Even the first game was often compared to "Dark Souls" when it came out.

I don't think the comparison is that off base. There are similar elements, being that they're both action RPG's, with a heavy emphasis on exploration, character builds and challenge. Even the first game was often compared to "Dark Souls" when it came out.

Exploration is a stretch, Dark Souls is linear while Dragons Dogma is open world. Dark Souls didn't invent the third person action RPG, that's like comparing it to Skyrim or Amalur.

There are definitely games inspired by Dark Souls, hence the term Soulslike, but Dragons Dogma isn't that. It's more of an RPG with building a party, talking to people and going on quests. Also the combat system isn't anything like Dark Souls.

I'm having a blast playing. Already had a epic duel killing off 2 bosses. Was fighting one then out of nowhere a grffin and ended up killing both. Totally went off the beaten path.

More experienced pawns will now just lead you to the next quest. That's pretty interesting. Sort of a way to turn on easy mode for casuals. I'm keeping my pawns at least a level under me for that reason.

Exploration is a stretch, Dark Souls is linear while Dragons Dogma is open world. Dark Souls didn't invent the third person action RPG, that's like comparing it to Skyrim or Amalur.
Dark Souls is a bit of hybrid open world. It's not linear in the same sense of like "Final Fantasy", and exploration is a huge part of those games. There are many areas that you don't actually have to visit. "Exploration is a stretch" ? Nah. The exploration in "Dark Souls" is what has kept people engaged with the franchise. It's one of it's strengths, and I would say far better executed than in "Dragons Dogma", which really just had open plains with little underneath the surface. "Dark Souls" does more with less.

There are definitely games inspired by Dark Souls, hence the term Soulslike, but Dragons Dogma isn't that. It's more of an RPG with building a party, talking to people and going on quests. Also the combat system isn't anything like Dark Souls.
Well, it's a loose comparison, much like its "Metroidvania" ones are, but it's there. They certainly didn't invent the third person action RPG, but they refined it to a point where plenty of games take from it. DD is similar in a lot of ways, much like "Kingdoms of Amalur" shares a lot with "Skyrim".

I'm just saying that it's not a big reach to compare them, and the elements that bring them together. It's not like we're comparing "Call of Duty" to "Super Meat Boy" or anything. Personally, I think DD shares more in common with dungeon crawlers like "Diablo", where the real only goal is to get better loot to endlessly fight and tinker with.

Having a lot of fun so far. The experience feels more immersive than other RPG's due to not being able to save and fast travel constantly. I try harder to not die and just accept the results. Had a real heart pounding moment where I was ambushed by skeletons and just barely made it out reviving my pawns. Love the feeling of adventure this game has.

Just had a dule with 2 griffins at nighttime. Was fighting with just one ended up riding it to its nest n bam another 1 was there ended up Killing both

Having a lot of fun so far. The experience feels more immersive than other RPG's due to not being able to save and fast travel constantly. I try harder to not die and just accept the results. Had a real heart pounding moment where I was ambushed by skeletons and just barely made it out reviving my pawns. Love the feeling of adventure this game has.
I've had a couple battles like that with the Lizard dudes. Fucking harpies in packs are a bitch too.

Just got cracked by a minotaur trying to get back to the first city after a quest. Was doing ok and then got blindsided by some goblins as I had him on the last health bar.

This game rocks.

Back