• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

Those new blood maykr enemies are a huge problem for me. Trying to land headshots on them in that zoo is impossible and their bs sloth attack gets me every time. Not my video obviously.

Yeah that one. It's such a small arena for all the heavies.
I’m not sure if that or the final boss of TAG 1 was the toughest fight I’ve had in Nightmare. I ended up spending hours on both.

I’m not sure if that or the final boss of TAG 1 was the toughest fight I’ve had in Nightmare. I ended up spending hours on both.
I had more trouble with the TAG 2 final boss tbh, although Samur took several hours as well, but I expect that slayer gate will be the hardest content in the game if I can ever beat it.

Congrats doing both on NM. They must have been a struggle. Did you get the gold weapons as a reward?

I had more trouble with the TAG 2 final boss tbh, although Samur took several hours as well, but I expect that slayer gate will be the hardest content in the game if I can ever beat it.

Congrats doing both on NM. They must have been a struggle. Did you get the gold weapons as a reward?
I’m not sure. I played through Eternal on PC Game Pass and added the DLC’s through the Microsoft store. I rebought it on sale on Steam and that’s the current version I have installed. Now I want to check lol.

I hope rewards carry over from Microsoft version to Steam so I don’t have to reinstall.

I’m not sure. I played through Eternal on PC Game Pass and added the DLC’s through the Microsoft store. I rebought it on sale on Steam and that’s the current version I have installed. Now I want to check lol.

I hope rewards carry over from Microsoft version to Steam so I don’t have to reinstall.
Well if they don't, you'll just have to do them over again. ;)

Well if they don't, you'll just have to do them over again. ;)
Had to check my save files and I do not have the gold skins, I only completed TAG1 on Nightmare. All I have is the Gold BFG. I remember I started having performance issues after a patch and never went back and finished TAG2 on Nightmare. I know what I’m doing soon lol.

Had to check my save files and I do not have the gold skins, I only completed TAG1 on Nightmare. All I have is the Gold BFG. I remember I started having performance issues after a patch and never went back and finished TAG2 on Nightmare. I know what I’m doing soon lol.
Haha nice. Let the torment begin!

I started TAG2 on NM last night and got stuck at the very beginning where you follow the dog spirit into one of those tiny fog circles that gets filled with purple goo and a ton of fodder surround you followed by two mancubi. I keep dying to them and can't remember how I dealt with this on UV.

Haha nice. Let the torment begin!

I started TAG2 on NM last night and got stuck at the very beginning where you follow the dog spirit into one of those tiny fog circles that gets filled with purple goo and a ton of fodder surround you followed by two mancubi. I keep dying to them and can't remember how I dealt with this on UV.
Only good thing is TAG2 is significantly easier than 1. So I’m pretty confident I should get through it. I remember on UV I had a ridiculous amount of extra lives by the time I finished it. I’m not a huge fan of those gimmicky fights though like you mentioned.

Might get started on that tonight.

Now I'm stuck on the second escalation fight. You'll probably beat it before I do so post the video so I can see how you're supposed to play this game.

Now I'm stuck on the second escalation fight. You'll probably beat it before I do so post the video so I can see how you're supposed to play this game.
Heh that one does suck. Easy to get cornered. I’ll see if I can get my Nvidia capture going. I’ve never recorded off of my PC.

Oof, I’m incredibly rusty lol. Took me a few tries to even get out of the first encounter with the buff totem. Then I forgot about the two Doom Slayers in the next room. Was down to my last one and got murked by an Imp of all things.

Insane how fast this feels after not playing at this level for a while. It’s probably been close to a year since I’ve played anything on Nightmare.

Oof, I’m incredibly rusty lol. Took me a few tries to even get out of the first encounter with the buff totem. Then I forgot about the two Doom Slayers in the next room. Was down to my last one and got murked by an Imp of all things.

Insane how fast this feels after not playing at this level for a while. It’s probably been close to a year since I’ve played anything on Nightmare.
It's always an imp or gargoyle. Those little shits are everywhere.

Yeah getting rusty is one of the reasons I'm afraid to stop playing. I still screw up inputs all the time and it gets worse with just a few days off.

It's always an imp or gargoyle. Those little shits are everywhere.

Yeah getting rusty is one of the reasons I'm afraid to stop playing. I still screw up inputs all the time and it gets worse with just a few days off.
I couldn’t remember my flame belch and grenade key binds for a bit lol. It was rough.

Finally got it. Holy shit that took forever. Came close a few times but normally I couldn't get past the second archvile because he camps in that little enclosed area and half of hell defends him.

And I finally understand why people hate pain elementals. So annoying. They dodge all your attacks, are tanky af and shoot lost souls that do half your health.

Got the gold SSG and heavy cannon for finishing the mission. Pretty sweet looking I must say.

Finished mission 2 and got the gold chaingun and plasma rifle. I gave up on the optional escalation fight after a few hours so I'll have to go back sometime when I have nothing better to do than pound my head against the wall repeatedly.

TAG2 down so I got all the gold weapon skins now except the combat shotgun. For that one you need to do all the challenges for the Super Gore Nest master level, and that includes doing it twice on NM and once on UN... yeah good luck!

Also did an extra life mode playthrough of the main game for the Phobos slayer skin (the gold and black one). You have to finish with at least 10 extra lives so I did it on the easiest difficulty and skipped all the optional fights. What a difference lol. Finished with 49 lives and never came close to dying. It's like story mode so you can just face tank everything but it's not nearly as much fun as when you're running for your life and shrieking like a little girl.

It’s ok, I appreciate them trying something new but I thought it was mostly a slog to get through.
Yeah I didn't like the gameplay loop in the last phase. He stops summoning the dogs so you have to glory kill fodder to refill the hammer in order to kill all his adds. So you're running around like crazy trying to stagger fodder that die when you blow on them too hard. Frustrating and tedious.

It’s ok, I appreciate them trying something new but I thought it was mostly a slog to get through.
When I finally came back to play the DLCs I loved them til the last boss. I actually gave up for a while and came back and beat him on a lower difficulty just to get it over with. Slog is exactly what it is.

Back