• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Really enjoyed the weekend. Probably won't play next weekend, just to not burn myself on that first area yet again.

Also, either the Sorcerer is OP, or the barb and rogue are underpowered, because I just walked through everything with my Sorc, barely ever had pot.

I remember it was very similar in D2.

Really enjoyed the weekend. Probably won't play next weekend, just to not burn myself on that first area yet again.

Also, either the Sorcerer is OP, or the barb and rogue are underpowered, because I just walked through everything with my Sorc, barely ever had pot.
Random sorcerers I’d come across that were several levels below me were just melting everything lol.

The skill tree could go full screen on the Xbox had to click on the right thumb stick I'm guessing probably the same on the PlayStation.

Nice, thanks for the heads up. I was hoping it would expand but never really looked into it.

Good one.

Tried the bow rogue (id bet a mint theyll be called "Brogues"). Basically just tried to boost crit/caltrops/rapid fire. Seemed pretty effective. Especially once you could push back enemies into each and chain stun them.

Feels like the game will be enormous. Really liking the combat changes. Instead of pew pew as many mobs as possible the battles feel a bit more tactical. Synergies are gonna be essential. Looking forward to next weekend

I want to play Diablo 4 but I don't want to give Blizzard money.
<{dayum}>

<{dayum}>

i don't really want to play it but i'm mildly curious to see just how bad/easy/casual/etc it is (or not, maybe i'd be pleasantly surprised... but i doubt it)

they'll never see another cent from me.

i don't really want to play it but i'm mildly curious to see just how bad/easy/casual/etc it is (or not, maybe i'd be pleasantly surprised... but i doubt it)

It’s pretty damn easy unfortunately. I set it to the next level up in difficulty and I still never died in about 4/5 hours of playing. It’s not like I’m super good either. I was also just putting points in whatever I thought sounded cool.

I know it seems like a strange complaint, but getting suddenly surrounded and bonked in D2 made it a much more tense game to play. That tension is important for the atmosphere of a Diablo game imo

Oh well. It is definitely better than D3 so far at least

played a barbarian got him to 25. on hardest difficulty available. was extremely slow and klunky at first and actually didnt like playing but got to level 15ish and the builds you can make, make your character flow really well. was running a lunge (core builder the lunges around 20yds and slams enemies leaving them with a bleed) then death blow the shit exploding everything. it was actually fun. it went from slow and klunky to speeding up the movement and the skill set flowing together. i straight cracked out on it. 100% all of act one (caves, litlith statues, random zone quests, dungeons, act 1 story, etc.) it has the leveling talent tree damn near identical to lost ark. and the paragon talent tree is like path of exile (without moves, but just stat builders typical +5 strength, movement,gold pick up, evasion,intell node type of shit). the gameplay speed is more diablo 2/ PoE its not the run and gun of diablo 3. i enjoyed every bit of it. prob gonna crack out this weekend and try out the druid.

I think it will be decent but I've seen stuff that I can't wrap my head around.

For example, the six skill hotbar limit. You can assign six skills in the same game with, likely mandatory, resource generators and sixty second cooldown "ultimate" abilities. Leaving you with 4 slots to play around.

There has to be some internal mandate at Blizzard that prohibits using Diablo 2 as a reference despite owning the IP.

Bummed that necromancer and druids were not available, only classes that I really did not play that much in closed.
Melee rogue was changed to better, with twisting blades + dash + shadowstep it was quite enjoable dashing around.

Bummed that necromancer and druids were not available, only classes that I really did not play that much in closed.
Melee rogue was changed to better, with twisting blades + dash + shadowstep it was quite enjoable dashing around.
I think we get that this upcoming weekend.

On the GPU front the lineup of bricked cards grows. There are nimrods insisting that it's the GPU's that are faulty, not Diablo IV. I don't think it's good to put the blame squarely on Blizzard, because it's possible the beta has exposed a design flaw. But I think that would be on Nvidia, not Gigabyte. But the thing is, it's not just Gigabyte, and it's not just 3080 Ti's. 3090's, 3090 Ti's and cards from the 4000 series are getting fried. I've seen that capping your frames in Nvidia control panel will stop it, but there are posts of people claiming that this does not solve the issue. I disabled DLSS because there's no point in having it, and then capped frames, and I never saw the phenomenon again but that doesn't mean it can't happen. If mine fries I don't know how a replacement will go, since I got mine from StockX.

But the game itself is awesome. I can't wait to make a Druid this weekend.

Ok prediction time. Does anyone here not see this game becoming free to play or put on gamepass in the nearish future? I'm not exactly sure how long it will take but I am certain it will happen.

Ok prediction time. Does anyone here not see this game becoming free to play or put on gamepass in the nearish future? I'm not exactly sure how long it will take but I am certain it will happen.

Nearish? If it happens ever I wouldn’t think it would be for a very long time. FTP is unprecedented for the Diablo series. Don’t see why they’d suddenly change for D4.

As for Gamepass I think it would obviously depend on the MS takeover of Activision-Blizzard going through, which looks dicey given the resistance from the CMA.

<{dayum}>

You can play it this upcoming weekend. The open beta runs 3/24 - 3/26.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230321_075626_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230321_075626_Samsung Internet.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 2
Prob gonna go lay open beta to try out necro and if it hits right might get this but jury still out for me haven’t gotten into a SP game in a while

Back