• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
What are you going to be rolling when the new season begins?

I'll rolling a pulverize druid and twisting blades rouge.

Considering Rouge but might go Barb again and try a different build out depending on Patch Notes. HOTA is just so fun.

They nerfed every thing even sorc what was absolutely garbage at higher lvls. It seems like they don't want people progressing through tier 4 fast by nerfing all damage modifiers specially vulnerability.

And LOL at the sorc unique Gettysburg ng to randomly so you can be one ahotted. Also the Uber unique has a 1/1000000 chance of dropping when a unique drops.

Hopefully they fix the horse.

I noticed when playing last night that it stopped randomly going super slow and bugging... fucking yah. Was the most annoying thing about the game previously.

They nerfed every thing even sorc what was absolutely garbage at higher lvls. It seems like they don't want people progressing through tier 4 fast by nerfing all damage modifiers specially vulnerability.

And LOL at the sorc unique Gettysburg ng to randomly so you can be one ahotted. Also the Uber unique has a 1/1000000 chance of dropping when a unique drops.

Yea, my Barb is pretty toast with CDR, Crit, Vul and Armor nerfs. Not to mention Hamstring and HOTA. They also went as far to nerf the time it takes to leave a Dungeon.

These guys just seem so shook about reaching trillion level damage so they nerf it all.

Initially I wasn't apart of the 'conspiracy' that the dev team created annoyances to keep you in the game as long as possible, but I'm slowly beginning to believe that.

I noticed when playing last night that it stopped randomly going super slow and bugging... fucking yah. Was the most annoying thing about the game previously.

One of the AAA gaming's worst horse riding experiences to date. It's atrocious.

• Helltide monsters are now 3 Levels higher than the player instead of 2.
  • The Tortured Gift of Mysteries chest has had its cost increased to 250 Aberrant Cinders from 175.
  • All interactable objects in Helltide zones now have a small chance of dropping Aberrant Cinders.

Damn, so I might not be able to farm 4 or 5 mystery chests per helltide anymore? Lame :-(

"Splintering Aspect Bone Shard damage bonus reduced from 50-100% to 30-60%."

Oof... that's a big nerf.

• Nightmare Dungeons now have a 50% chance to drop a 2nd Legendary item upon completion.
  • Nightmare Dungeons now give 3 rare items upon completion, up from 1.
That'll be a nice extra incentive to farm nightmares.

Last edited:
  • The Tortured Gift of Mysteries chest has had its cost increased to 250 Aberrant Cinders from 175.
  • All interactable objects in Helltide zones now have a small chance of dropping Aberrant Cinders.
Damn, so I might not be able to farm 4 or 5 mystery chests per helltide anymore? Lame :-(

• Nightmare Dungeons now have a 50% chance to drop a 2nd Legendary item upon completion.
Lol they’re always so heavy handed with the nerfs. I agree with the change to the mystery chest though just because it was almost stupid to get anything else

told u it was inevitable

Lol they’re always so heavy handed with the nerfs. I agree with the change to the mystery chest though just because it was almost stupid to get anything else

Glad I am almost full, well itemised 800+ items before they finally realised and nerfed the faceroll farm that was the helltide mystery chests.

No more 20-30 oranges an hour... oh well /shrugs

At least I have half a tab full of 800+ off spec items to hand off to any alts as well.

Apparently Alucard is part of the Diablo canon now

6da6e66a629d9f58dce53bbe8569ef87.jpg

Will a Belmont with a whip be next?

How important is money in the game I'm level 15 ? I don't know whether to salvage expensive items for material or sell them for money.

Last edited:
Level 65 now on my sorc. Trying to raise fame so I can get the paragon points. Attempted the level 3 capstone at level 62 and moved through it pretty easily. Then kept getting one shotted by the boss. Pretty frustrating to have such low ceilings on mana limits/regen. Also frustrating to be effective against mobs, but struggle in PVP...

All the items I'm getting pretty much suck. Got two sacred uniques in short order and they were trash. I like the blend of skills I have, but almost every item drop I get is for powers I haven't put any points against (shrugs). Also, I don't ever do min max because it's not fun to me. Hit 7M in gold last night. <yawn>

Looking forward to season one. Probably doing a druid.

QQ: Everyone is talking about 'rolls'. Does that just mean the stats that the item comes with or are people changing the aspects (affixes?) on every item by going to the jeweler? I haven't really messed with that mechanic.

Last edited:
How important is money in the game I'm level 15 ? I don't know whether to salvage expensive items for material or sell them for money.

Salvage for materials 100%. By end game, trash mobs are dropping $1k+

Money at the lower level is nothing.

Now I'm selling all yellows and blues because I have thousands of each material from salvaging through the campaign and early end game.

Still working on the main story and doing side quests if I happen to be close to one. Just hit level 50 this morning.

Just did my first helltide and nightmares post nerf and HOLY SHIT...

Helltides
- I went from an absolute monster, farming 4-5 mystery chests per helltide to scraping in, two of them by the skin of my balls.
- There appear to be way more mobs and higher level, like huge bloody packs and you aggro multiple packs really easily. This would be great for farming except the next point.
- They barely drop any of the embers (or whatever the currency is called) You can pull multiple groups of about 20, smash them all and get two lousy embers. It's bullshit and barely worth stopping to kill mobs, even larger ones.
- Best to just ride from event to event as before, ignore the mobs no matter how big and juicy looking. Very few people seemed keen to try and solo the events and were waiting around for others to get there before starting. Makes me wonder if others were nerfed the same or worse... maybe they were just noobs that were dying a heap /shrugs
- I ran into the assassin just before handing in 250 embers for a mystery chest and thought... um, no idea how this is going to go post nerf so I avoided till after cashing in and then went hunting out of curiosity, I popped bone storm and threw a bunch of bone spears at him expecting him to go down. I went out of mana and he was still on 70% health... shit :eek:
- I still do reasonable damage but seem even squishier than before, can still solo the events easily but nowhere as easily as previously.
- Here is the bit I found super interesting... I think Blizzard fucked up. I kept seeing <player> was killed by X, <player> was killed by X, <player> was killed by X... I mean A LOT. Bodies were dropping in that area left and right. If your average player just keeps getting stomped every time they try and do a helltide, they just won't do it anymore.
- I am able to handle the helltide just fine but given the MASSIVE drop in rewards for farming them and the increased difficulty, it makes me wonder if it's even worth doing them over nightmare dungeons.

- The two biggest damage mechanics for Necro have been nerfed a solid 40%, hell they even nerfed the potions FFS. I'm still doing fine but I just hit lvl 90 and I'd say that I have an average item level of just over 800... but damn, based on what I have seen people were seriously struggling post nerf.

There is going to be some serious butthurt online over the next couple of days when players realise they aren't as good as they thought they were, post brutal beating to the kneecaps with the nerf baseball bat.

It's 23:00, will discuss more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back