Multiplatform Official Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty Discussion

Will the PL expansion prove a do-over for the title after widely maligned launch?

• Total voters

Oh ok I haven't played it much on consoles to know how different it is. I played the tutorial on PS5 and that's it. Probably wont play it again until the PS5 pro comes out.

Played through at launch and never touched it again. I bought Phantom Liberty and did all the updates but never got around to playing it until last night. Just decided to drive around as I don't want to start the DLC until I finish DS2. Anyway it still feels really empty which was my main complaint before. I see videos on Youtube with tons of people walking around and traffic but driving around the whole world still feels really devoid of NPCs. What am I missing here?
I put crowd density on medium often, and still I'm mowing down pedestrians who can't stay on the damn sidewalk.

The time of Day is always a factor. Change it to 8pm and start driving around, especially near your original apartment, Japantown and the corpo plaza, just bustling with NPC's for me.

Like someone else mentioned, start Dogtown. The market by tje stadium is a zoo. After the first big mission, you can travel in and out of the city, and do old missions along with Phtantom Liberty stuff.

Maybe it's toned down even more for Xbox though

Doing Phantom Liberty now. I don't even really like Grimes but that performance of Delicate Weapon was awesome.
That was so awesome. if anyone hasn't played yet, be sure to stick around the bar during the Heist mission, you'll be in for a treat, though it's hard to miss.

I'm on my second run for past two months or so, and trying to do every quest/activity possible, outside the NCPD scanner things, there are way too many.

I've had an issue pop up since 2.1 released. After about 40minutes of play on PC, where I'm getting smooth FPS, the game just starts to slow down and gets worse and worse until I exit the game and relaunch, like it has some memory leak. Anyone experience that on any platform?

Back to Lizzy and a little something named Blue moon
I had no idea you could rewatch Lizzy's performance at your Mega Building Apartment. I reloaded my save many times to watch it, now we can do so from our apartment courtesy of a BD. The only thing I knew of Grimes before this was that she was a singer and married to Elon. Both of her songs are awesome, especially Delicate Weapon.

I love how they incorporated bands into the story that you'd hear on the radio, like the Lizzy quest or Blue Moon from Us Cracks.

In my first run, I stopped Kerry's questline after the Samurai concert. I had no idea there was much more to it.

Blue Moon needed to be a romanceable character. That texting flirting you can do after her mission is a tease lol. Her eyes are so cool.

maxresdefault.jpg

So, yes on building off first game. The principal director behind this expansion is also directing the confirmed sequel 2077 2. The sequel will be set in the same universe and follow what unfolds in Phantom Liberty.

I’m thinking their vision is an operatic three acts for V, where PL here is the stage-setting second act in transition to standalone act three.
I'm so happy that Pawel is focusing mainly on the Cyberpunk Sequel. If they can pull off Witcher 2 to 3 improvements, it's going to be bananas.

They have the right guy leading the charge, this post makes me happy.

Screenshot_20240112-111440_Chrome.jpg

I'm so blown away by this game. I've been at the "meet Hanako" final mission prompt for 70 or so 100 hours now lol, just absorbing everything this game has to offer.

I think it's my fav game of all time. It's prob 1, 2 or 3 now with FF7 and Dark Souls 1.

I'm so happy that Pawel is focusing mainly on the Cyberpunk Sequel. If they can pull off Witcher 2 to 3 improvements, it's going to be bananas.

They have the right guy leading the charge, this post makes me happy.

View attachment 1023186

I'm so blown away by this game. I've been at the "meet Hanako" final mission prompt for 70 or so 100 hours now lol, just absorbing everything this game has to offer.

I think it's my fav game of all time. It's prob 1, 2 or 3 now with FF7 and Dark Souls 1.
Honestly I'm still only on act 2 and i want a sequel already haha

(Spoilers in vid)

I'm looking forward to playing this again down the road, just to choose differently here, as that was freaking intense. I'll prob go with female V, if only for something different. Besides, I love her voice. Judy needs some scissoring too.

I got an Audible gift card and picked up a Cyberpunk 2077 book. "Cyberpunk 2077: No Coincidence". Female V voice actress does the narration. I don't know if I would liked it without falling in lvoe with the game and the lore of the world, but I'm really enjoying, and her narration is stellar!

Here's excerpt

134 hours and I think I'm done. Did all the side quests that I had, all the fixer gigs, and just finished the final mission. Brilliant game, great story, very happy with the choices I picked along the way.

Is there any ending that's agreed upon by fans as the canon ending or anything like that? I chose to have Panam help me in the end as I'd really grown to like her character. I seen that there was a secret ending which I've looked up and although the idea of charging in solo and fucking everyone up sounds awesome, I'm glad I chose the ending I did. Didn't seem like Panam was too happy with me in the secret ending lol

Also I'm so glad I chose to side with Songbird in the DLC. That other ending is depressing as fuck lmao

134 hours and I think I'm done. Did all the side quests that I had, all the fixer gigs, and just finished the final mission. Brilliant game, great story, very happy with the choices I picked along the way.

Is there any ending that's agreed upon by fans as the canon ending or anything like that? I chose to have Panam help me in the end as I'd really grown to like her character. I seen that there was a secret ending which I've looked up and although the idea of charging in solo and fucking everyone up sounds awesome, I'm glad I chose the ending I did. Didn't seem like Panam was too happy with me in the secret ending lol

Also I'm so glad I chose to side with Songbird in the DLC. That other ending is depressing as fuck lmao

No "fan decided" canon ending, all up to you lol

I just finished my second run (first when 1.5 came out) on Saturday. I chose the same as you in PL and glad I did. I feel like it may be the canon ending.
Songbird's voice actress will less expensive than getting Idris back, and I think she being alive still has more to do with what I feel will be the main premise of the sequel, along with joining Panam/Aldecaldos, at least for male V.

I really hope the sequel continues V's storyline and incorporates our save files/choices.

I'd put money down on the sequel focusing on a new corporate war, which will include Alt and the various AI entities beyond the blackwall playing a massive role. I haven't seen every ending, but everything I know wouldn't affect that possible premise.

I look forward to experimenting with some mods for a future playthrough as female V, especially once updates are done and mods won't get broken.

I did pretty much everything you can do in the game as male V., and loved every minute of it. I stretched it out as much as I could as I didn't want it to end. Outside some slowdown issues that required a restart, what a masterpiece.

I feel like I'm going through withdrawal lol, or a good buddy has moved far away. Only a few games come to mind like Dark Souls 1, SOMA, New Vegas and KOTOR made me feel this way after putting them down; extremely satisfied, but feeling a little depressed now that it's over. I just got so attached to the characters, city/world, gameplay and lore. I'd like to see some deeper RPG systems that affect the world/factions around us, along with more interiors and mini games (more romances too). Regardless, what CDPR has done with 2.1, and PL hit the mark for me on all levels.

I just finished my second run (first when 1.5 came out) on Saturday. I chose the same as you in PL and glad I did. I feel like it may be the canon ending.
Songbird's voice actress will less expensive than getting Idris back, and I think she being alive still has more to do with what I feel will be the main premise of the sequel,
i feel song birds ending is "canon" and main story is legend ending with storming arisaka tower alone since you meet mr blue eyes whos hinted to be major player in future through entire game

i feel song birds ending is "canon" and main story is legend ending with storming arisaka tower alone since you meet mr blue eyes whos hinted to be major player in future through entire game
I didn't know you could storm it alone lol. Yeah, Mr Blue eyes pops in a bunch of places, especially during the Songbird parts at the spaceport. I noticed him when we get on the tram before running into Reed. He had an umbrella standing on some platform looking down at us. He's def some AI faction leader, or an avatar representing a bunch of them. Anyway, that would make more sense for a canon V ending, simpler.

I don't know what happens if you choose to side with Reed, outside getting some blackwall enabled abilities/cyberware, so don't tell me please, but I loved the brief time we got to wreck enemies with blackwall abilities helping Songbird. It would be too OP for the whole game, but in a sequel setting when we're fighting those AI's, it would be fun to tap into.

I can't wait to see what they do in the sequel!

didn't spot this Blue Eyes guy in my play through at all. Gonna have to look it up on YouTube.

Anyone watched Edgerunners? Might give it a watch as I loved the world they built here

didn't spot this Blue Eyes guy in my play through at all. Gonna have to look it up on YouTube.

Anyone watched Edgerunners? Might give it a watch as I loved the world they built here

Edgerunners is ok/good

Great animation with basic cyberpunk story

Mr blue eyes appears in peralez mind control side quest looking at you,

in blood moon train station when you get into cart and in some third instance i cant remember

Plus in legend ending he comes to meet V at afterlife

Edgerunners is ok/good

Great animation with basic cyberpunk story

Mr blue eyes appears in peralez mind control side quest looking at you,

in blood moon train station when you get into cart and in some third instance i cant remember

Plus in legend ending he comes to meet V at afterlife
lmao I did most of that and missed him every time

Back