*Official* Cotto vs. Margarito discussion thread.

from what i've read it isn't inked yet - cotto's people want more money from the ppv and ticket sale revenue but they are still confident of getting the deal done.

Could be...I still say Cotto, but there wont be nuthing easy that night

Margarito's resurgence since the Williams fight makes it appear like he's peaking just in time for this fight.

I see Cotto going down at least once before winning by late round TKO. Its going to be bloody!

sweet. i expect nothing less than fireworks. id rather play roulette thanbet on a winner for this fight though

Any insightful details as to how? Enlighten me. I'm not just being a smartass either, I really want to know why you think it'll be easy.

This fight is gonna kick ass.

I was kidding about it being easy, but not about Cotto winning. Magarito has two things going for him and they are a good chin and a high workrate. I refuse to believe that those two things alone can beat Cotto. That and Margarito has the slowest hands eva.

I was kidding about it being easy, but not about Cotto winning. Magarito has two things going for him and they are a good chin and a high workrate. I refuse to believe that those two things alone can beat Cotto. That and Margarito has the slowest hands eva.

AND...a great uppercut that Cotto will be around to get hit with.

IMO he's faster.

I think Cotto definitely has the speed advantage over Margs.

However, Margs workrate is going to be very difficult to deal with. Not to mention him being able to walk right through Cotto's punches. I think Margs has better footwork as well and watch out for that uppercut. We do know Cotto can be hit with some of those as seen in the Judah fight.

Regardless, I still think Cotto will win but it will be a very good and close fight.

I think Cotto definitely has the speed advantage over Margs.

However, Margs workrate is going to be very difficult to deal with. Not to mention him being able to walk right through Cotto's punches. I think Margs has better footwork as well and watch out for that uppercut. We do know Cotto can be hit with some of those as seen in the Judah fight.

Regardless, I still think Cotto will win but it will be a very good and close fight.

Just so I'm clear.

You think Cotto is the faster of two.

And you think Margarito's workrate will be difficult to handle, he will walk right through Cotto's puches, he has better foot work, and an uppercut that you think will land.

And yet you like Cotto to win??

Back