*Official* Cotto vs. Margarito discussion thread.

LOL No, not much of a claim. Keep in mind though, a lot of people thought that Cintron was going to avenge his loss to Margo in the first fight. It looks silly in hind sight, but you know what they say about hind sight...

Ill def be looking forward to seeing this, thats for sure

Not much of a claim though, huh. Cintron isn't much.

But yes, you may be right. Toni looks the goods right now. Cotto's been in these big fights before though. Toni? Not yet.

tony's has started fast in his last 2 fights i think a big question will be if he can sustain it for 12 rounds. he claims he learned his lesson against williams.

Margarito is no slouch by any means. He also had never faced anyone as talented as cotto. If you think Arum didnt put this together with the intention of making cotto look like the superstar he is then you are definitely mistaken. Tony is def legit but if he doesnt falter before the 7th its gonna be a straight clinic for 12 rounds while cotto decimates his face. Margarito got hit alot in his last fight with cintron while cotto put on an easy show against gomez. I like margarito but cotto is just too damn good and his confidence is too high at this point to doubt him in anyway.

Arum manages both, he wouldn't cry if Miguel got kayoed.

True,

But having Cotto lose his undefeated record would be devastating for a potential fight with Mayweather. He most likely would ruin his chances for that fight.

And I doubt Mayweather fights Margarito who has 5 losses on his resume and is not a big draw.

There's no possible way you believe that, Bobby. Miguel has 8-10 years of bigtime fights ahead of him. Toni probably has 3-4. Especially with his style. Cotto sells out MSG. Toni cannot possibly touch the possiblility of success that Cotto could bring. He holds an entire nation on his shoulders.

If Cotto loses, Arum might open a vein.

Margo got hit by Cintron?? When? Also, theres a bit of a difference in the level of Gomez compared to Cintron. How Cotto did against Gomez has zero to do with what will happen in this fight. I think Cotto will win, but it really could go either way.

I dont think that the gomez fight will reflect how he does against margarito. I think margarito is a very good fighter where I think cotto is on the verge of greatness. Hes proved how skilled and resiliant he is, I think its time to get behind him.

As for margarito getting hit, I think it was rather clear. Cintron hit him with some big shots imo, im not saying he was ever in trouble im just saying compare that to how the gomez cotto fight went. I think its safe to say cotto will be the fresher fighter.

I've been flamed for saying so, but I don't see Cotto winning this one.

Cotto is not difficult to hit. To be fair, neither is MArgarito but I've seen MArgarito take some big shots and seem unphased. I've seen Cotto hurt a few times. I'd have to think that MArgarito has a power advantage as well.

Margo got hit by Cintron?? When? Also, theres a bit of a difference in the level of Gomez compared to Cintron. How Cotto did against Gomez has zero to do with what will happen in this fight. I think Cotto will win, but it really could go either way.

What? Margarito took a lot of shots from Cintron, a few that looked pretty solid.

There's no possible way you believe that, Bobby. Miguel has 8-10 years of bigtime fights ahead of him. Toni probably has 3-4. Especially with his style. Cotto sells out MSG. Toni cannot possibly touch the possiblility of success that Cotto could bring. He holds an entire nation on his shoulders.

If Cotto loses, Arum might open a vein.

Disagree.

Would he like Cotto to win? For sure, but Cotto will always be a draw based on his style and his nationality. If Tony wins, then he has 2 very marketable fighters instead of 1. I don't think he'll be opening any veins in the near future. Cotto will sell out MSG regardless.

Disagree.

Would he like Cotto to win? For sure, but Cotto will always be a draw based on his style and his nationality. If Tony wins, then he has 2 very marketable fighters instead of 1. I don't think he'll be opening any veins in the near future. Cotto will sell out MSG regardless.

Dont be silly Arum would def pop a vein. Cotto is an undefeated fighter, he may be a draw but hes still no trinidad(in terms of draw not fighting skill), he needs a bit more build up and if he loses to margarito I think the chance of seeing cotto DLH or Mayweather would dissapear, that alone would make arum burst a bubble. Promoters may love the sport but thats not what theyre in it for, its a business and Arums not gonna step on his own toes.

Dont be silly Arum would def pop a vein. Cotto is an undefeated fighter, he may be a draw but hes still no trinidad(in terms of draw not fighting skill), he needs a bit more build up and if he loses to margarito I think the chance of seeing cotto DLH or Mayweather would dissapear, that alone would make arum burst a bubble. Promoters may love the sport but thats not what theyre in it for, its a business and Arums not gonna step on his own toes.

With Arum involved, there is no possibility of Cotto/Mayweather.

My penis is suffering from rigor mortis after I heard about this.

Anyway, we all know Tony is a tough son of a bitch with a killer work rate, but I have never seen anyone consistently work his body. Cotto could do that and I would like to see the effects. I am kind of undecided as to who the victor would be, but I am rooting for my boy Margarito. Half ya fuckers thought Cintron was going to kill him. Silly fuckers...

Lol to you kk, your humbleness always shines through.

Cotto in under 7

I don't think confidence in a World Class Fighter's ability has anything to do with humbleness or lack thereof.

If my opinion is your prediction is ridiculous, I certainly won't hide that...I don't honestly see a need to.

If I'm proven wrong, then in eating crow (which I've done before quite a few times) will my humbleness indeed shine through.

whereas Cotto has been in with bangers his entire career.

I wouldn't say his whole career. After the Torres scare I didn't see him in with many 1-punch killers until what, Zab?

I wouldn't say his whole career. After the Torres scare I didn't see him in with many 1-punch killers until what, Zab?

What, a span of four or five fights? Judah, Bailey, Sosa, Mosley, Torres, Abdullaev, Pinto and Maussa. That will stand up with anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back