• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Multiplatform Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II/Warzone 2 Disc **S5

Considering that everything we've seen so far has been from the MWII alpha build, this is going to be a beauty of a title.

First-access beta codes leaked to be in your inbox 15 August, meaning beta entry could be that following weekend. Not all platforms have the same access date nor beta length so I'll update when we know more.

Hot re: F2P Project Nexus; August reveal suggested:

At launch, players will see a traditional Call of Duty release, bundled with 3 modes: Single-player, Multiplayer, and an all-new Co-op experience; followed by Warzone 2.0 reportedly set to release in December of this year.

Modern Warfare II’s rumoured ‘DMZ’, is being described as an ‘Open-World’ title, following an elaborate storyline in continuation from the Campaign: chronicling particular Characters, Fronts, and Quests, incorporating aspects of PvE and PvP events. An associate suggested that the mode would be released independently in BETA, given its current pre-alpha stamp in development.

(...)

Official details for the online title remain scarce, though with an announcement allegedly coming in August, we should get a clearer look at their aims and intentions regarding the brand new mode.

Didn't know the Tarkovian project would be IW and Trey's first collaboration:

any way to get this by downsizing the download size? It eats up the hard drive

any way to get this by downsizing the download size? It eats up the hard drive
We don't know application file sizes yet as DMZ releases in some 9 months and MWII in 4. What platform are you planning on playing either on? PS5's Kraken compression and Oodle Texture have already shown impressive results versus competitors with 40% smaller file sizes, iirc.

Confirmed WPNs at time of writing – lots of fan favourites and S/A-tier entries from yore:

• MP7
• SCAR
• AUG
• ACR
• Bizzon
• M16
• CZ P10C
• M4
• AK74
• M4 Cabine
• AAC Honey Badger
• SPR
• HK53
• MP5
• MP5K
• P90
• Ares 16
Quoting an older post of mine from last month to confirm the following additional firearms have leaked:

• LM-S
• Bryson 800
• STG A3
• Lockwood 725
• X12

We don't know application file sizes yet as DMZ releases in some 9 months and MWII in 4. What platform are you planning on playing either on? PS5's Kraken compression and Oodle Texture have already shown impressive results versus competitors with 40% smaller file sizes, iirc.
i really hope they optimize this for next gen, bf2042 has bigger maps yet the game is only 60gig i believe, vanguard and warzone are the only two games i can install on my base ps5

Beta dates revealed; window opens in about 2 months.

PS first with platform-exclusive play on 15 September, then invitee access to follow on 17 September with pre-order access following on 22 September (and for only 24h, which is doo-doo). Rumour for the two open betas are first open is for a gunfight/Champion Hill mode and second open is for MP proper.

Again, title ships October so the turnaround for fixes/actionable feedback from beta will be tight. This period we're in right now is the quiet before the storm.

warzone 2 map has been leaked

images

Dynamic decoy been revealed for new field upgrade that may even be terrain-specific so if deployed in-water, the decoy will have waterborne pathing/animation:

Confirmed MWII Field Upgrades so far:

Dead Silence
Battle Rage
Inflatable (Dynamic) Decoy
Smoke Airdrop

Return of Infected confirmed:

Killstreaks now confirmed at time of writing:

Fuel Bomb
Thermobaric Strike

3 months out at time of writing. *clink Below is interesting too but the new AI has been touted for some time – very nice:

But is it going to be a game changer like Modern Warfare 2... Or just another COD hoping to cash in on the MW2 name.

But is it going to be a game changer like Modern Warfare 2... Or just another COD hoping to cash in on the MW2 name.
Game changer. With IW as lead and multiple studios collaborating (approx. 9), title has gotten a full development cycle and no shackles of budget. Pepper thine anus for war, fine sir.

Back