• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Multiplatform Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II/Warzone 2 Disc **S5

While off-brand for IW anyway, IMO, Zombies mode not happening has finally been confirmed:

Epic body is so ready . Hopefully get an old school clan reunion!

Just wow @ the night scenes. This is going to be epic and bring the whole Community back. Standard and Vault Editions are available now for preorder. Vault comes with equippables right now for WZ1 – 12 unique operator skins + 10 WPN blueprints.

So it's confirmed Warzone 2 is set in mw2 world which is great because it gives players enough time to upgrade a group of weapons.

And it's also announced to be releasing end of 2022 which is bloody fantastic.

On the other hand the fact that it's not next gen exclusive is not great, I hope it doesn't hold the game back

Werent they skipping the yearly release schedule?

Can see the Microsoft influence already. Dropped the different release date schedule and are launching on Steam.

So it's confirmed Warzone 2 is set in mw2 world which is great because it gives players enough time to upgrade a group of weapons.

And it's also announced to be releasing end of 2022 which is bloody fantastic.

On the other hand the fact that it's not next gen exclusive is not great, I hope it doesn't hold the game back
So it's confirmed MWII WPNs will carry over to WZ2? Sweet. This maybe explains more the play in their creating the Ghost Legacy Pack included with MWII's Vault Edition (12 operator outfits, 10 M4 carbine b/ps). WZ1 apparently was always attached to MW19 because no-one anticipated it to outgrow MW19 as more than a mode. WZ2 to that end is a standalone reset, as I understand it, that won't be an outgrowth of any one Duty but its own beast. New engine and waterborne combat system et cetera in store.

So it's confirmed MWII WPNs will carry over to WZ2? Sweet. This maybe explains more the play in their creating the Ghost Legacy Pack included with MWII's Vault Edition (12 operator outfits, 10 M4 carbine b/ps). WZ1 apparently was always attached to MW19 because no-one anticipated it to outgrow MW19 as more than a mode. WZ2 to that end is a standalone reset, as I understand it, that won't be an outgrowth of any one Duty but its own beast. New engine and waterborne combat system et cetera in store.

I believe mw2 and wz2 are set in same world using same engine.

https://www.polygon.com/call-of-dut...e-2-warzone-infinity-ward-new-engine-gunsmith

Werent they skipping the yearly release schedule?

Can see the Microsoft influence already. Dropped the different release date schedule and are launching on Steam.
I think there's an upcoming calendar year that won't have a new release but Call of Duty Mobile is doing big things apparently and might change that. Speaking only to console/PC instalments, 2023 has been confirmed a gap year after Trey decided its return at helm needed more time; will be Cold War sequel, iirc.

e/ Apparently the Ghost Legacy Pack with MWII's Vault Edition is only for WZ1 and MW19. That's straight doo-doo, IMO.

The two things that make the Vault Edition attractive then are the brand-new FJX Cinder Pack, which will allow you to smith legendary modifications onto non-legendary WPN variants – hot (and popularised in Duty Mobile actually), and the TF 141 Red gear for Price, Farah, Ghost, and Soap. Collateral from IW on that:

FUv3iuGWAAA5e-e.jpeg

Too lazy to look for it, but there was leaked image of mw2 gunsmith and there is no perk slot which is not great imo. I liked the perk slots in vanguard but even in mw1 I used the "fully loaded" perk many times for my loadouts.

FOV options confirmed for MWII on consoles. An announcement on this for WZ2 is needed more as we've FOV customisation already in VG so this was expected for MWII.

Seamless transition from cinematic to gameplay – immersion level 1000:

Seamless transition from cinematic to gameplay – immersion level 1000:

Even as someone who hasn't cared for the franchise since Black Ops, I have to admit those graphics are quite good. I remember when CoD trailed BF by a mile in the graphics department, but now they're basically neck-and-neck.

I do wish they'd put more effort into their campaigns' gameplay, though. It sucks seeing such stellar presentation go to waste on a hyper-scripted/limited gameplay formula that fell right out of the early/mid-2000s.

More confirmed on WZ2 re vehicular:

MWII metal print (16x20'') of Riley available for the time being from official store; can order here. (External)

0000_CODTFA000100_A.jpeg

Reveal re Lethals – Shock Sticks:

Confirmed WPNs at time of writing – lots of fan favourites and S/A-tier entries from yore:

• MP7
• SCAR
• AUG
• ACR
• Bizzon
• M16
• CZ P10C
• M4
• AK74
• M4 Cabine
• AAC Honey Badger
• SPR