Official Brad Morris Discussion

S

Sean O Deere

And MMAWeekly is douchetastic:

MMAWeekly said:
Heavyweight Bout:

Cain Velasquez vs. Brad Morris

Former NCAA wrestler Cain Velasquez takes on Australian import Brad Morris. Velasquez has a 2-0 record and trains out of American Kickboxing Academy with Paul Buentello. Morris has a 9-2 record and trains out of Australia.

Velasquez comes off a stoppage victory over Jeremiah Constant at Bodog Fight: St. Petersburg, while Morris submitted Masayuki Kono at Warrior’s Realm 12.

Its always interesting when two heavyweight prospects face off in the UFC because finding a good heavyweight is a rare occurrence in combat sports. Whoever wins the fight will have a bright future ahead in the UFC.

In every aspect of the fight, Velasquez is simply the better and more talented fighter of the two. He is an accomplished wrestler with solid striking and is consistently improving in every aspect of the game. The only advantage that Morris has over Velasquez is that he is a relatively unknown fighter, which always poses a certain threat.

Plain and simple, Velasquez is going to manhandle Morris on the feet and on the ground, never letting up until he finishes the fight. Velasquez will brutalize Morris on the feet before taking him down and finishing with strikes.

Prediction: Cain Velasquez by TKO in the first round.

WAR BR0d

Do we know when Brad's gonna fight? 'Cause I think all us ADC members need to send him bolts of mental kick-assitude and psychic will to win once it starts. Seriously. I'll sit cross-legged in a dark room like the damn Maharishi doin' that shit.

MMAplayground has:

Brad - 130
Cain - 100.

That makes Brad the slight favourite to win.

I like how MMAWeekly's breakdown isn't actually based on evidence. Cain wasn't impressive in his Bodog fight, he made a bunch of mistakes and won with better conditioning. Not to mention that was over a year ago.

I'm not saying that Cain might not win or that he might not be better in some areas, what I am saying is that its not apparent in those 5 minutes and 58 seconds hes actually fought.

How the hell would they know that Cain is 'the better and more talented fighter" of the two? From his 2 fights?

When the fight starts, Brad should walk into the middle of the ring, hold out his hand and say "hey, Cain -- when you can snatch this pebble from my hand, it will be time for me to kick your ass."

Then when Cain looks at his hand and says "there's no pebble in your hand, dude," Brad says "then I guess it's time, isn't it?"

Yeah, I'm not getting the mad Cain love. Seems kind of weird that people are hailing him so highly after only two okay fights.

Damnit...It sucks not being 21 and not being allowed in anywhere to watch the fight. Everywhere around here that shows the fights turns into a bar at night and won't let me in. However, it is only after a certain time this goes into effect. You think if I got there early...say, 8 0'clock...that they'd let me in and I could just chill in there until it started?

Damnit...It sucks not being 21 and not being allowed in anywhere to watch the fight. Everywhere around here that shows the fights turns into a bar at night and won't let me in. However, it is only after a certain time this goes into effect. You think if I got there early...say, 8 0'clock...that they'd let me in and I could just chill in there until it started?

Just be in the bathroom from 7:55 to 8:05.

Yeah, I'm not getting the mad Cain love. Seems kind of weird that people are hailing him so highly after only two okay fights.

It's in large part based on the testimonies of people that have trained with him.

Lots of people are saying he is going to be the next big thing, future HW champ etc.

I'm picking Cain to win, and I feel very confident about it.

Get there a little early and watch the bartenders. There is usually one bartender who never cards anybody. Just stat buying drinks from him and talk to him for a hour or so before 8 oclock. No one will bother you because you have been drinking and talking to one of the bartenders for an hour already, they will think you were already carded.

Cain is a wrestling animal that outweighs Morris by 10 pounds
Cain is going to be hard to put on his back
Morris is a GnP guy
Morris is smaller than Cain
Cain's wrestling is much better than Brad's
Brad's opponents have a combined record of 10 - 17

No reason to think that Cain will lose this

Anything can happen, and Brad could KTFO Cain

On paper, Cain takes this via first round TKO stoppage

Good luck to both fighters and may the best man win

Back