• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Officer shoots black man in Brooklyn Center (10 miles outside Minneapolis)

It also leaves the riot police with direct physical confrontation as its only dispersal tactic, which does not work well for deescalation
That’s just it. That’s like taking away a stun gun and pepper spray....there’s no way that’s going to help anyone involved.

It also leaves the riot police with direct physical confrontation as its only dispersal tactic, which does not work well for deescalation

If there's any type of crowd, the cops will be way too outnumbered to even attempt direct physical confrontation. They'll basically just have to evacuate and whatever happens, happens.

Hey @nhbbear and @Protectandserve what do you guys think of the officers attempting to handcuff him right in front of his open car door? I'd imagine training would be to move them farther back down the car, or to the back of it to prevent that flight response.

As long as you have control of them, it is all a matter of personal preference. Due to the door being open, however, and possible weapons inside the car, I would have moved him away from the open door or simply shut the door.

All the years I taught handcuffing, we taught a few different techniques as well as cuffing against a car or a wall. Everyone will tell you that their method is the best, but I always told the officers to pick what they liked best and become really good at it.

As long as you have control of them, it is all a matter of personal preference. Due to the door being open, however, and possible weapons inside the car, I would have moved him away from the open door or simply shut the door.

All the years I taught handcuffing, we taught a few different techniques as well as cuffing against a car or a wall. Everyone will tell you that their method is the best, but I always told the officers to pick what they liked best and become really good at it.

Is there a general procedure taught in the academy?

how do you intend to use a taser but grab your gun instead?
dumb bitch.
and she completely fucked up by walking up and saying out loud "He's got a warrant" while
the other officer had him detained against his car.
proper procedure would have been to utter code "1036, 1015" in other words,
use caution, take to jail.
idiot.

wow this shooting got media to tell the truth. no more driving while black exscuse. because media said in minesota law you can not have tangling things in back. now if media and politicans would stop doing police job stuff like this would not happen. i mean it came to point where police have to ask commentator on nbc or politicans what to do in these situations. i mean you can let the guy run away drive 100 mph teebone somebody and kill inosent person or child or what ever. and most important thing why do criminals never want to pay they do for crime they commit why do they always run from responsability it is not like police forsed him to have arrest warant on him he just did not want to pay his due

wow this shooting got media to tell the truth. no more driving while black exscuse. because media said in minesota law you can not have tangling things in back. now if media and politicans would stop doing police job stuff like this would not happen. i mean it came to point where police have to ask commentator on nbc or politicans what to do in these situations. i mean you can let the guy run away drive 100 mph teebone somebody and kill inosent person or child or what ever. and most important thing why do criminals never want to pay they do for crime they commit why do they always run from responsability it is not like police forsed him to have arrest warant on him he just did not want to pay his due
How many alt accounts do you have @Bamboozled ?

how do you intend to use a taser but grab your gun instead?
dumb bitch.
and she completely fucked up by walking up and saying out loud "He's got a warrant" while
the other officer had him detained against his car.
proper procedure would have been to utter code "1036, 1015" in other words,
use caution, take to jail.
idiot.
I’ve never shot a stun gun. Graves, is it operationally similar to a police issued gun in terms of the safety and firing mechanisms? Or is it a completely different method for firing it?

I agree. I wish that media portrayed more stories that were impactful and significant as opposed to focusing on ratings.

I think we can continue to try and strive to be better though. Like, no, humans aren’t perfect and we never will be. But can additional training help? Probably.

There are some States that have simulation programs for police before they go live. And I’ve seen it first hand and it’s very effective. They have all their tools and they have a live (this is the best way I can describe) virtual reality system in which the program evolves real time to their voice commands and actions. They run over 50 simulations and receive real time feedback from former officers who have been hired full time as consultants. Is it expensive? Yeah. Is it effective? Absolutely. You can watch the officers improve their skill sets in real time.

I do wish there were more programs available to officers like this in other states. I understand our society isn’t perfect and it never will be. But we can at least try our best.
Indeed, unnecessary death is unnecessary, in general.

Back