Offered 1 million to fight.Minimum 1 min even if KO'd.5 Fighters you avoid?

If the goal of the fighter was to hurt me as much as possible in 1 minute I would not do it for 1 million. 1 min is probably enough time to be killed with some bad luck. Most fighters wouldn't want to kill some random guy though so it also depends on what their motivation to keep punching after a KO is in this case.

Who do you avoid? And would you actually have the balls to do it for 1 million?

Bear in mind the fight has to last at least 1 minute no matter what happens to you. KO, caught in sub etc. So they can KO you in 10 seconds and keep punching/choking for 50 more seconds

Can I pick the guys who I'd want to fight instead? I'll take Hunt and Marquardt, because I know they'll stop hitting me as soon as I'm out cold.

While fairly convinced I could avoid serious damage for one minute, the chances of getting caught in a guillatine and having my life choked out of me for thirty seconds has me saying "I'll pass."

If I had to last a minute, I'd fight Lyoto, Anderson, or another counter striker. They might chase you because you suck, but chances are they are counter guys for a reason and would at least take a minute to decide on doing that.

Certainly'd do it. When i'm in shape i am a MW, when i'm not, LHW. So i'd avoid Vitor, Rumble, Romero, Jones and probably Rampage. Three of them are capable of taking a man's head off with a punch, one would poke my eyes out, and the last one has some dirty tricks up his shorts.

I think you guys are misinterpreting.

I believe he is saying that the fight cannot be stopped. If you get knocked out in 30 seconds, then your opponent beats you to death over the next 30 seconds.

A lot of you would die, if put in with anybody from welterweight or up. The octagon is not big enough to "run" for very long.

You will probably be taken down or knocked down in the first 30 seconds and killed in the following 30 seconds if you do not know how to fight.

Lawler
Rumble
Hunt
JDS
Lombard

one million dollars I would not avoid anybody just think after 250,000 dollars in doctor bills I would have 775 k like boss

If the fight only has to last one minute I'd probably choose to fight anderson. It always took him a round to really get going most of the time anyway. & he would probably finish me with some precision jab or something that wouldn't hurt that bad.
I'd avoid guys like rumble, guillard, prime wand, prime shogun, those type of brutal guys.

Jones
DC
Rumble
Gus
Wonderboy

Id be doing laps around the ring and greasegate.

The only people I would pick to not fight would be straight up mean/crazy mofos or those who cannot control themselves. Then whoever I ended up having to fight I'd tell them I'd give them $4000 for every single second that they did not hit me, choke me, or try to tear my limbs off. It's incentive for them to keep me around/alive for the full 60 seconds. THey'd make $240k if they let me live the whole time.

Then I'd take out
Palhares
Tank
Lee Murray
Joe Son
Matt Hughes

I believe those guys are either crazy enough, can't control themselves, are rich enough, or in the case of Hughes I believe he would choke the shit out of me just to teach me a lesson.

Last edited:
I think you guys are misinterpreting.

I believe he is saying that the fight cannot be stopped. If you get knocked out in 30 seconds, then your opponent beats you to death over the next 30 seconds.

A lot of you would die, if put in with anybody from welterweight or up. The octagon is not big enough to "run" for very long.

You will probably be taken down or knocked down in the first 30 seconds and killed in the following 30 seconds if you do not know how to fight.

I mean I saw his weird stipulations but if death is on the table nobody would be in so maybe I gave him too much credit by assuming that was out. I thought it was just him ensuring you got smashed really badly and "earned" your money

Prime Fedor
Prime Wanderlei
Prime Crocop
Prime Vitor
Prime Igor

Fedor and Wanderlei go for the kill from the get go.

Other than the hws, rumble and palares are the only two that stand out that I wouldn't want to fight, rumble is pretty much a heavy weight and palares would probably be the only guy to keep beating my unconscious body or hold the submission for the full minute.

Then whoever I ended up having to fight I'd tell them I'd give them $40,000 for every single second that they did not hit me, choke me, or try to tear my limbs off. It's incentive for them to keep me around/alive for the full 60 seconds. THey'd make $240k if they let me live the whole time.

You might want to run those numbers again.

I'd exclude Pettis, Cerrone, Conor, Rockhard and Romero

those, imo, are the scariest MFers in the UFC

I mean I saw his weird stipulations but if death is on the table nobody would be in so maybe I gave him too much credit by assuming that was out. I thought it was just him ensuring you got smashed really badly and "earned" your money
This is sherdog. Half these guys actually think they can fight off a UFC fighter for a minute because they shadowbox between sets at the gym and listen to Rogans podcast.

Death is on the table, and most people in this thread would be killed. That's fine, Darwin Awards all around.

Back