Odd Question: How do you feel about couple's with Downs Syndrome having children?

Don't pretend you wouldn't, either.

dnMtZW1iZWQuanBn

LmpwZw

PWFsbCZ3PTgxOQ

Last edited:
If manlets can have kids together then surely people with Down syndrome can as well.
You a real one fam str8 up 🗣️📠🚫🖨️

Bear mans out here droppin' knowledge and outing all dem criminals too in da hate dungeon threads walahi u doin God's work fam good for you for real tho 🔥🙏🐻

I know a girl who dates a guy that has Down Syndrome but I don’t think realizes he has it. She has a facial hair problem and she’s obese and has an autistic kid already. Imagine the offspring if she reproduces with this guy???

What about dwarves?
Decades ago my parents were friends with a couple in their early thirties, the husband was 6ft 5in, and the wife was 3ft 8in! They ended up having a baby who was born a dwarf. Unfortunately within a year of the birth, the husband left his wife and baby.
I used to sometimes babysit the child. He was always smiling, and i used to wonder sometimes just how hard his life was going to be because of his dwarfism?
Lot's of dwarves have lifelong pain and operations, it's a difficult life for so many of them.

What about dwarves?
Decades ago my parents were friends with a couple in their early thirties, the husband was 6ft 5in, and the wife was 3ft 8in! They ended up having a baby who was born a dwarf. Unfortunately within a year of the birth, the husband left his wife and baby.
I used to sometimes babysit the child. He was always smiling, and i used to wonder sometimes just how hard his life was going to be because of his dwarfism?
Lot's of dwarves have lifelong pain and operations, it's a difficult life for so many of them.
Damn <{you!}>

It's a pretty broad spectrum. There are functional people with downs. Case by case, but the ones who aren't all that functional probably aren't thinking of starting a family anyways.

If two downies have a baby, does it increase the downiness level of the baby? Like there's degrees of downies, does two of them reproducing exponentially increase how downs the downies baby is?

If they are happy and thriving in their lives, I have no problem with it.

I don't think the government should get involved in it (basically eugenics) but I do think it's morally wrong.

People keep talking about how it's the Downs' couple "right" to do it and it's their "right" to be happy. The narcissistic whims and wishes of a couple who has no comprehension of what's involved in raising children doesn't matter at all.

The people making this argument don't seem to consider the welfare of the child. The whims of idiotic parents doesn't matter, but the welfare of a child during their very critical first years of life does. When trauma happens to a child that early, it affects their development in a very deep way that can never be erased. No matter how many years of therapy they get as an adult, it can helped slightly but it fundamentally never goes away - it's a permanent scar carved into that person's psyche. The people who don't grasp this are people who had happy, normal childhoods; they don't comprehend how messed up someone can become when that process goes wrong. It's ignorance and profound naiveté.

A child born in a situation is at very high risk of being neglected - emotionally and physically - and of being parentified i.e. being forced to grow up too fast and act as the "responsible" parent of the household because the parents themselves are incompetent. A situation like that is psychologically so severe that it would probably be better for CPS to rescue the child and give it to another couple, even with the risks involved when a child isn't with their biological parents.

"Men with Down syndrome are considered as infertile although the causes of infertility are not known in detail yet. Although this constitutes a general rule there are three confirmed cases of parenting by fathers with Down syndrome."

So I don't see a problem with it. The odds very great are they will not have children accidentally.

There are plenty of shithead parents out there that are "normal " any way.

I'm Down With It........ I'm sure it'll be one happy family and they all will be very capable of opening Jars

It's understandable that some might have concerns about individuals with Down syndrome starting their own families, given the complex emotional, financial, and intellectual demands of raising a child. However, it's essential to recognize that people with Down syndrome, like everyone else, have a range of abilities, strengths, and support networks.

Rather than making assumptions based on perceived limitations, it's essential to consider each person's unique circumstances, abilities, and aspirations.

As long as they've got the love, the resources, and the support, they should have the chance to make that choice for themselves.

If the relationship is based on mutual respect, consent, and genuine affection, I support it regardless of the cognitive abilities of the individuals involved.
Agreed. Plus, what if something happens in the future and Down Syndrome becomes an evolutionary advantage? Like maybe there’s another pandemic but only those with Down Syndrome are immune, or aliens invade and their weakness is Down Syndrome? You never know.

Back