October 31st PBC Showtime PPV Gervonta vs Leo Santa Cruz

Cruz should have fought Russell Jr. and Warrington... Like, why move up when you didn't even Unify your division (assuming he could have beaten both).

What is his team thinking? If Davis comes in disciplined, he beats his skinny ass apart.

I'd complain about the matchup more if Davis was active, but he's set the bar low enough lately that simply getting in the ring is positive news. If he shows up in good shape I have a hard time seeing LSC escape without a bad beating. Santa Cruz doesn't have the power to get Davis' respect, and Davis is a dynamic offensive fighter regardless of his discipline issues and inactivity.

Oh shit, it IS at 130?! I didn't think they'd give that to LSC. Man, Tank is going to be dead when he enters that ring. I bet he loses his belt on the scales anyways.

Tank is no making 130, and fuck this being on PPV. Will not even stream probably, Davis is one of the most unlikable boxer I can recall.

I’m confused by this 130/135 shit. Does that mean that when Davis weighs in at about 135 and LSC at 130, it all of a sudden just becomes a fight for the 135 lb belt?

I’m confused by this 130/135 shit. Does that mean that when Davis weighs in at about 135 and LSC at 130, it all of a sudden just becomes a fight for the 135 lb belt?

Personally I don't like it. Floyd did this, too. Defended his 154 belt in a welterweight match. That's not a defense, imo, and it's pretty shitty that the sanctioning bodies allow their belts to be used like that.

In what will be an all-out Texas affair, San Antonio’s own Mario Barrios (25-0, 18KO’s) will face off against Ryan “Cowboy” Karl (18-2, 12KOs) of Houston, Texas in a scheduled 12 round bout for Barrios’ WBA Super Lightweight championship. The fight was originally scheduled to be on the undercard of the twin Charlo brothers’ Showtime PPV telecast, however, Ronnie Shields, the trainer of Karl, informed Thaboxingvoice Podcast on a recent show that the bout had been moved to a new date

“[Karl’s] still fighting Barrios, but they moved them to the Leo Santa Cruz-Gervonta Davis undercard, October 24th,” Shields told TBV podcast.
http://thaboxingvoice.com/barrios-karl-title-fight-moved-to-tank-lsc-undercard-oct-24th/

In what will be an all-out Texas affair, San Antonio’s own Mario Barrios (25-0, 18KO’s) will face off against Ryan “Cowboy” Karl (18-2, 12KOs) of Houston, Texas in a scheduled 12 round bout for Barrios’ WBA Super Lightweight championship. The fight was originally scheduled to be on the undercard of the twin Charlo brothers’ Showtime PPV telecast, however, Ronnie Shields, the trainer of Karl, informed Thaboxingvoice Podcast on a recent show that the bout had been moved to a new date

“[Karl’s] still fighting Barrios, but they moved them to the Leo Santa Cruz-Gervonta Davis undercard, October 24th,” Shields told TBV podcast.
http://thaboxingvoice.com/barrios-karl-title-fight-moved-to-tank-lsc-undercard-oct-24th/
boy Cowboy Karl is still fighting? Dude is a disaster in the ring

I like this fight because Santa Cruz should push Davis but the weight is such a bummer. Even so, I don't think LSC is an easy out here.

Prograis will face unbeaten Juan Heraldez in a 10-round junior welterweight fight on Oct. 24 at the Mohegan Sun resort in Uncasville, Connecticut. The bout will be part of the Showtime PPV card headlined by the lightweight and junior lightweight title fight between Gervonta Davis and Leo Santa Cruz.

The news was first reported by Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.

The fight will be the first for Prograis almost one year to the day since he suffered his first loss via majority decision in an action-packed unification fight with Josh Taylor in London in the final of the World Boxing Super Series final last Oct. 26.

regis-prograis_5.jpg

A southpaw, Prograis (24-1, 20 KOs), 31, a New Orleans native, won a 140-pound world title by sixth-round knockout of Kiryl Relikh in the semifinals of the World Boxing Super Series in front of a hometown crowd in Lafayette, Louisiana, in April 2019 after having notched notable wins over former lightweight titlist Terry Flanagan in the quarterfinals as well having defeated former unified junior welterweight titlist Julius Indongo.

Heraldez (16-0-1, 10 KOs), 30, a Northridge, California, native, will be taking a major step up in the level of his competition. He is coming off a majority draw with former junior lightweight titlist Argenis Mendez in May 2019 on the Deontay Wilder-Dominic Breazeale undercard at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Is this... Is this just for both titles so Davis can weigh whatever the fuck he likes & they can say "Well, he's under the lightweight limit & we've already sanctioned it for the 135lbs title so it's fine", or what?

No way am I paying for this. He's fighting a smaller guy, and after that pathetic showing against a washed up Gamboa - he has to prove he can train and peak correctly before I pay to see him gas out.
I suspected after his abysmally bad last fight, he wasn't going straight after a top guy at his natural weight. Surprise.

So is this at 135? If so it's a joke of a fight.

Back