Octagon pet hates...

- When guys come at the weigh ins with a billion trousers, two socks, laced shoes, two shirts and a hoddie. FFS, came in with a shirt, short and flip-flops. It get's worse when the second the guy who weighs decides to put all back on before doing the staredown.

- Booing crowds.

- Brazilian comentators. They're super biased. Guy get's owned for a round and they still find some way to say that he could've won. I don't think Minotauro ever lost a round in their eyes. I'm from Brazil and I actually change to hear the comments of Rogan and Goldie, so you imagine how bad it is.

- Jesus lovers. Nothing wrong with the "First of all, I would like to thank Jesus...." before the interview, but when Rogan asks them like "how was the preparation for the fight?" and the guy talks about Jesus for 5 minutes and doesn't answer the question.

The thing I dislike more than anything else is the pacing of fox/Fs1 cards.

Watching Silva Bisping was such a treat because it went from one fight to the next.

I mean, if there's a quick ko, don't give me 25 mins of promos and metro PCs commercials. Create some worthwhile content to fill in the blanks. Like when Marc Laimon would explain subs (something of this ilk, not ML running through subs again obviously)

It's be nice if we could get all UFC events, ppv's included on FP for 20 bucks a month but hey, one miracle@ a time

- When guys come at the weigh ins with a billion trousers, two socks, laced shoes, two shirts and a hoddie. FFS, came in with a shirt, short and flip-flops. It get's worse when the second the guy who weighs decides to put all back on before doing the staredown.

- Booing crowds.

- Brazilian comentators. They're super biased. Guy get's owned for a round and they still find some way to say that he could've won. I don't think Minotauro ever lost a round in their eyes. I'm from Brazil and I actually change to hear the comments of Rogan and Goldie, so you imagine how bad it is.

- Jesus lovers. Nothing wrong with the "First of all, I would like to thank Jesus...." before the interview, but when Rogan asks them like "how was the preparation for the fight?" and the guy talks about Jesus for 5 minutes and doesn't answer the question.

I am on the fence here for several reasons.
1. I so despise the post fight interviews inside the Octagon to begin with. . . .
2. I am Christian and MMA is my favorite sport. I see no correlation and think it embarrassing when it is even given a brief mention. (IMO) the same as "first of all, I would like to thank my Porche Boxer for getting me to the fight on time".
3. I do not think that those of my faith would accept the polar opposite we find offensive, hence none should be brought up.

Again "Christian" and FAR from condoning this, but would the UFC be "OK" with a fighter saying "First off, I would like to thank Lucifer for opposing the word of Jesus and teaching me the value of NOT turning the other cheek allowing me to be successful in this sport? etc...

When the replays miss the shot you wanted to see. When Joe really makes a fool of Mike. It's just too easy, why are you doing this, Joe?

When the replays miss the shot you wanted to see. When Joe really makes a fool of Mike. It's just too easy, why are you doing this, Joe?

that has to be the only thing he can do to make working with him tolerable

Again "Christian" and FAR from condoning this, but would the UFC be "OK" with a fighter saying "First off, I would like to thank Lucifer for opposing the word of Jesus and teaching me the value of NOT turning the other cheek allowing me to be successful in this sport? etc...

that would be so fuckin awesome if someone did that

When the dumbfuck ring girls come on to and walk back to their seat and do that lame ass wave and the commentator EVERY time says "the beatiful....."
Because it's obviously written in their notes that they have to say that as company policy.
THIS.

I am on the fence here for several reasons.
1. I so despise the post fight interviews inside the Octagon to begin with. . . .
2. I am Christian and MMA is my favorite sport. I see no correlation and think it embarrassing when it is even given a brief mention. (IMO) the same as "first of all, I would like to thank my Porche Boxer for getting me to the fight on time".
3. I do not think that those of my faith would accept the polar opposite we find offensive, hence none should be brought up.

Yeah, I don't understand the correlation either of winning a fight (or match, or whatever) and Jesus. But I doesn't bother me the guy saying, unless that's all he talks about.

There's a comedy crew here in Brazil that made a video having fun with all that Jesus in the octagon thing. The fight is over and the guy who lost is interviewed:

- Interviewer: A lot of people had you as a favorite, but you took a beating. What happened?
- Fighter: Well, Jesus didn't happened. I came here, expecting his full support but apparently he was to busy to help me out, or maybe he just likes the other guy more. Maybe he's with the soccer guys, they're more popular and all!
- Interviewer: By the end of the fourth round you were in some big trouble, tell us about it.
- Fighter: Yeah, I was getting badly beat up and was waiting for that incredible move that you do and don't even know how you did, that perfect punch, that something that only can be explained as Jesus help, but it didn't come, I guess he just liked to watch me get elbowed to the face.
- Interviewer: So what's your next step?
- Fighter: Well, the next step is to find another deity. Maybe Buddha or Ayatollah you know? Someone who just won't watch me get beat up for 25 minutes.

Small thing but whe the camera shows a fighter or celebrity in the crowd... dont leave the camera on them so long!
The person usually has time to smile, wave, then awkwardly look away or do an additional fist pump as the camera lingers forever.

ANY mention in ANY context of "red panties" and any conjugation/ derivation of the two words together. Dunno why but it bugs the fuck outta me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back