Octagon pet hates...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by The Natural Born Runner, Feb 29, 2016.

1. The Natural Born Runner

The Natural Born Runner Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

This is a thread that I think most people will like and could create a fair few laughs.

I personally find myself moaning (maybe I'm a grumpy git) at the TV sometimes at little things about MMA/UFC broadcasts that erk me. A few examples to start you guys off below:

- Joe Rogan's pre-fight hype videos where ever Hardy is deemed "GSP's toughest match-up yet!"

- Commentators never announcing who they think won the fight, Boxing they do it all the time, lemme know what you "experts" think, without bias!

- Referee's immediately saying "work" when they've only been in the clinch/on the ground for 5 seconds.

- Cornermen/women who never seem to give technical advice. "Great job", "Just breathe" - like okay, he's relaxed now, give the man some advice!

etc. etc.

How about you guys... any pet hates from in Octagon, fight week???

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    finalboss likes this.
  2. Jay philips

Jay philips Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I like watching fights all the other bullshit does not bother me, nice casual post though.

3. Machina Obscura

Machina Obscura SpaceCommissar

Commentators never announcing who they think would win .. they used to have Eddie Bravo there to give his unofficial judging of the fight, and I liked it.

4. The Natural Born Runner

Yeah it's like Lederman on HBO, I know some people may consider it as swaying the viewer but I like to hear from their point of view.

Machina Obscura likes this.
  5. peacemaster

peacemaster Black Belt

When the dumbfuck ring girls come on to and walk back to their seat and do that lame ass wave and the commentator EVERY time says "the beatiful....."
    Because it's obviously written in their notes that they have to say that as company policy.

6. The Natural Born Runner

I like this one! Keep it rolling hahaha.

7. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

Small detail but the ring girl that isn't walking the fight sitting in a robe like a sack o' taters clearly bored out of her mind catches my eye more than the "sexy" blow kiss from the girl on duty. The contrast is just off.

peacemaster likes this.
  8. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

Also, those nicknames for cities and states they use ("Ahhh, we are in the beautiful windy city.") annoys the hell outta me.

9. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

they actually took him off because he was too good at his job,and didnt reflect the judges scorecards LOL

Machina Obscura likes this.
  10. Fahcough

Fahcough Black Belt

When fighters won't sit still for the cut man and ref to prep them before entering cage.

You know what Guida, just go in there without vaseline since you ate a brick of coffee.

11. HHJ

Honestly i wish fight pass had the option to turn the commentary off. I dont hate the commentary but sometimes i wish to turn it off. Pride sometimes released certain fights with this option,and with the japanese crowd being so quiet,you could hear the fighters talking to each other,and the corner's advice.

TheGZA likes this.
  12. HHJ

Guida is the only fighter i know who can get choked out,and have still enough excess energy to do a few laps around the ring.

13. jeff7b9

jeff7b9 Red Belt

People in here constantly complain about rogan being biased... I can't even imagine how it would be if he actually picked winners/scored the fights.

(Which he has said many times he doesn't want to or can't really/fairly do while commentating)

14. 2DUM2TAP

2DUM2TAP Silver Belt

On top of a Mountain punch dancing my rage away
    Fighters taking their sweet ass time strutting out to the cage to horrible music.

dirtydex and Spycho like this.
  15. SenorFranko

SenorFranko Brown Belt

For some reason I don't like it when Joe Silva goes into the octagon to shake the winners hand just after the fight is finished. You can see he gets pissed sometimes when the fighter hugs him and they are swetty as hell.

I also dont like when Jon Anik is interviewing and comes out with longest question in the world, which he says really quickly in a monotonous robotic like fashion.

16. screaminleeman

screaminleeman Red Belt

I hate interviewing post fight combatants that just lost the fight while still inside the Octagon.

I used to not like any affiliate of the UFC suggesting that "we" are not true MMA fans if . . (Fill in the blank) Tiny WC's, WMMA and or anything else they deem worth attempting to degrade their paying clientele.

Now I just laugh at their ignoramus back sides, and picture their faces in my toilet as I pea-pea!

17. eiyuu

eiyuu Silver Belt

Bruce Buffer - can't stand his announcing

Get the guy from GLORY. He's much better.

finalboss likes this.
  18. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

When Tim Kennedy is fighting.

19. KB Warrior

KB Warrior Brown Belt

Translators, especially if its Ed Soares

20. finalboss

finalboss Blood brother to Percival the Hemorrhager

They should give customers to listen to another set of announcers. Anybody would be better right about now. They don't even think anymore, they just regurgitate the same shit for every show.