Octagon pet hates...

- Booing crowds or crowds that make idiotic sounds in general. Like that howling one.

- Eye pokes. Also, any repeated "accidental" (shouldn't matter if it's accidental or not) infringement that isn't met by a point deduction. What's the point of being able to take away a point if the refs never do it?

- Rogan's over the top commentating. Especially his yelling "OH!" when there's any kind of action. Sometimes he'll yell it for no reason also.

- Shitty walkout songs (most every walkout song is terrible, so this has gotten to be an issue for me).

- The ring girls and the commentator's mentioning them.

- Dana White's face.

Translators, especially if its Ed Soares

This! And it's even worse when the fighter gives a huge long response that's like 8 sentences long. And the translator says "He wants to thank all his fans and his camp and he's happy he got the win". I'm thinking......ummmm, he said a lot more than that. Either the translator forgot half of it or didn't want to say what the guy really said. Also the fighters should realize they can't say so much without letting the translator translate first.

Rogan yelling OH!!!!! he caught him when even in real time and on the replay the fighter just trips and then rogan corrects himself does it so much

Not octagon
But when fighters come to the weigh ins with 3/4 of their wardrobe on only to take 5 minutes to remove all their clothing while we all sit in awkward silence waiting for him to fold his stanky socks nicely into his reebok pumps, only to watch them (sometimes) put it all on again before the face off.

Preferred Uhereems one shirt off and leave the jeans on for the 265 on the scale
No homo :)

Not octagon
But when fighters come to the weigh ins with 3/4 of their wardrobe on only to take 5 minutes to remove all their clothing while we all sit in awkward silence waiting for him to fold his stanky socks nicely into his reebok pumps, only to watch them (sometimes) put it all on again before the face off.

Preferred Uhereems one shirt off and leave the jeans on for the 265 on the scale

Holy shit, this ^

I fucking love this thread

touching gloves anytime other than when the ref instructs them to...

I fucking hate post fight interviews.
I don't give a shit in what you believe or how hard you have worked for this

Not octagon

I was going o say this but as it wasnt octagon based i didnt lol

Constant pop-up ads during events. Being forced to disable adblock plus for the pages to work. Yeah a filthy bum like me would be able to afford anything in the ads. Right. Crappy stream quality. SirPaul getting arrested. Not enough space on my hard drives. Whatever happened to quality compression? Now all I see are either potato camrips or 6G 720p. Ain't nobody got space for that.

Bruce Buffer's 10 minute introduction to the fighters and the lack of penalisation for rule breaking and long breaks between fights.

For some reason I don't like it when Joe Silva goes into the octagon to shake the winners hand just after the fight is finished. You can see he gets pissed sometimes when the fighter hugs him and they are swetty as hell.

I also dont like when Jon Anik is interviewing and comes out with longest question in the world, which he says really quickly in a monotonous robotic like fashion.
I HATE ANIK!

I really hate the generic music UFC uses to hype the prelim fighters. It causes my ears discomfort.

I really hate the generic music UFC uses to hype the prelim fighters. It causes my ears discomfort.
This is probably the best thread I've made - this has got me in stitches.

That awful music whilst they shadow box... oh... my... god...!

Im not a hater but as a long time mma fan i can think of some things for sure...

I hated how in the old days the ufc dvds would NOT have the fight card listed on the back of the box...FOR NO REASON AT ALL. Then when you got the fucking things,you couldnt fast foward through the long ppv introduction interview snippets and theme music part before getting to the menu.if you tried itd start the shit all over again.

When i watched Pride,i actually felt bad when there were events that Bas didnt commentate on,and i feel the same when i watch UFC on fox without Joe Rogan.It just dont feel right. Rogan shoulda commentated Anderson vs Bisping.

I hate how the UFC website seems to have gone full SEG UFC not including full MMA records.

I hate by far the worst the UFC's BS happy horse mess favoritism in exclusive contracts.

I loved how PRIDE and Inoki would allow top level boxers and kickboxers to test their skills in MMA WITHOUT having to give up their combat sport and even cross promote (ie Chuck vs. Overeem & Page)

I don't like when Anik is biased towards whoever doesn't speak English. It reads to me as that guy didn't say hi to me I'm gonna bury him lol. I don't think Anik really brings anything to the show outside him and Goldies headnodding dickriding ( which he's gotten away from) nothing else really warrants my hate.

Back