Television Oct 1! Curb Your Enthusiasm Returns!

I avoided this thread because there was a leak, was that just a few of the early episodes or the whole season?

Yea it was like the first 4 episodes. No more have leaked since then.

I like Larry being single a lot more than married. If anything him and Leon should get married.

I don’t know I enjoyed the way Larry would always fuck up his wife’s family in some way or piss them off.

Apparently they are going to put in a long term relationship.

I think the show has been on a roll the past three episodes. The one with Accidental Text on purpose- with the whole Funk girlfriend scenario and Ed Begley Jr. bailing on the golf game cause he knew he would lose money was great. Namaste episode was really funny and I enjoyed the last one a lot as well with the awkward situation with Larry's handyman and Larry standing up for the guy trying to get seconds at the buffet line.

When the Muslim that Larry stood up for was investigating Larry's past, we got some funny callbacks to previous episodes (Krazy-Eyez Killa ftfw) and it was a pretty enjoyable reversal of the Seinfeld finale where a bunch of past characters talk about how shitty the four of them were. In this one, amusingly, the guy finds Larry to be vindicated in each scenario which I thought was comically pointing out that, as obnoxious as Larry can be and is in many interactions, you often can see where he's coming from.

There were also some subtle and very Curb-esque moments like his continued skepticism that Lauren Graham's son is actually on the spectrum and his complete nonchalance when Funkhouser's girlfriend gets ketchup on her shirt and emphasizes they have to leave. "Yeah. Go. Go." Couldn't possibly give a shit less that she was heading out.

One thing I think was very solid about this season was we got plenty of Funkhouser and Richard Lewis along with Susie and Jeff.

Overall, I feel the season really hit its stride with episode 6, 7, and 8 and it came at a good time as I thought the Thank You for Your Service episode was a bit too silly.

The last three and the episode with the Disturbance in the Kitchen were the best of the season so far for me.

Yea I really feel like the interactions between Larry and Lewis have really improved. They are way funnier now together than they have been in the past.

The fake text message episode was so far the best one this season. Loved it.

Episode 7 was great too. Loved the ending when J.B answered the door LOL.

This season is hilarious.

Lolol when Leon is telling Judge Judy about how he gets darker in Florida.

“Usually I’m a mocha tone then I change to more of a mahogany.”

Great episode... Only 1 left? Damn, this season flew by. Gonna miss this show (again)

Also never saw any clips from Hamilton before, wow that looks brutally awful

I loved the old lady who kept going into his house

Seriously. Might have been my favorite part of the episode.

“This isn’t a college dormitory! Where you come back after a few years to visit and see how everything is going!”

Great episode. Seems they are also giving Curb more airtime. This episode was like 42mins long. Fucking Larry Longballs. The old women who kept coming in the house was crazy as hell. I was hoping Larry was going to take the hat and wear it. Also surprised to see Susie cheating on Jeff. I guess it's about time after all the times he's cheated on her.

I was disappointed in the first few episodes. But the show has gotten significantly better. My favorite was when the Muslim guy was investigating Larry’s past and vindicated him for each one. I just about always agree with LD, just not how far he goes to prove he’s right.

Season is over. Last episode was pretty funny. Larry saying that he could come up with better signs for the deaf was hilarious.

Season is over. Last episode was pretty funny. Larry saying that he could come up with better signs for the deaf was hilarious.

Yes it was.

Definitely not the best of the season. Might have been on the top 5 of the season for me but it was overall damn funny. I liked the bit about thank yous and sorrys being commensurate with the favor being done. Such a Curb-esque thing to be discussed and dissected. Funk's over the top apology when he got to Jeff's and Susie's place was fucking hilarious.

True to the whole comedy of the fact that the Muslim investigator found Larry to be vindicated in each of those scenarios, I definitely think Larry was totally sympathetic when it came to Lin Manuel Miranda lol. That half assed sorry after he agrees to take in his cousin and her husband was brutal. hahah.

However, trying to nickel and dime Ron f'n Swanson after offering to pay him 1,200 dollars was not as viable.

Other subtle bit I loved was when Jeff, at the end, is like, "We lost a lot. We're going to have to move." hahaha- loved that he was looking for a way out of the house he hates and Susie was having none of it. Saw through it as easily as she saw through the accidental text on purpose a few episodes earlier.

I thought the paintball stuff was silly.

F. Murray Abraham- wow. legend. Great seeing him in there. Larry's uneasiness of feeling he was under scrutiny was great.

Miranda's cousins were comically creepy and I loved the part where Leon and Larry are awkwardly making conversation with them but also just kind of staring them down suspiciously when they welcome them into the home.

Ultimately, like the best tv series, it left me wanting more. I really hope Larry wants to do another one and I really hope it's next year or, tops, two years from now.

Back