Observation that suggests Jones isn't GOAT

ippikiookami

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Think about every GOAT in every sport you can think of: Tom Brady in football, MJ in b-ball, Pele in soccer, Ali (or whoever you think) in boxing, Phelps in swimming, Nicklaus in golf, Federer in tennis, etc

Every GOAT I can think of has some poise, character, can inspire others, and isn't a POS. They don't spend half their lives in strip clubs, doped up and driving drunk, killing or beating women. Yes, there were some evil people doing evil things in other sports (Tyson in boxing, for example), but they've never been considered the best their sport had to offer.

If Jones is the GOAT of MMA, he's really broken the mold.

Just a random thought.

I think the biggest reason he's not the GOAT is his rampant cheating. Just think about how different his career would look if he ever had points deducted for eye-gouging. Or never had rules changed to benefit him. Or never had matchmaking tailor-made for him.

I think the biggest reason he's not the GOAT is his rampant cheating. Just think about how different his career would look if he ever had points deducted for eye-gouging. Or never had rules changed to benefit him. Or never had matchmaking tailor-made for him.
Yes, I should have mentioned that. Babe Ruth, Simone Biles, Ali -- I can't think of any GOAT (other than Phelps who had an issue with marijuana -- which isn't performance-enhancing) that needed to cheat to win.

Think about every GOAT in every sport you can think of: Tom Brady in football, MJ in b-ball, Pele in soccer, Ali (or whoever you think) in boxing, Phelps in swimming, Nicklaus in golf, Federer in tennis, etc

Every GOAT I can think of has some poise, character, can inspire others, and isn't a POS. They don't spend half their lives in strip clubs, doped up and driving drunk, killing or beating women. Yes, there were some evil people doing evil things in other sports (Tyson in boxing, for example), but they've never been considered the best their sport had to offer.

Just a random thought.
Tiger Woods helped the sport of Golf grow heaps & you can argue a Goat, but he put his putter in the wrong place. Still goat status, me thinks.

Generally the GOAT of any sport is a true professional. Spending a lot of their time training. Usually married, and not out partying all the time.

Obviously excessive alcohol and narcotics usually don’t play a big role for people trying to be the best in their sport, and being a good family man.

Goats never refer to themselves as such. You never heard GSP or Anderson, or even Fedor for that matter ever refer to themselves as the goat.

Jon knows his claim is not valid. He knows he’s very fortunate to have an insane reach and is also probably the dirtiest fighter that ever lived. Most of his title defenses were won by him poking out peoples eyes. As soon as they forced him to close his hands he struggled, ultimately leading to him losing against Reyes and arguably Santos. Jon is an ultra tactical fighter gifted with insane reach, and he’s also a proven drug cheat

To claim he’s the greatest fighter that ever lived is an insult to mankind.

Look into this GOAT - he defies your logic.
YJPARMSTRONG1-superJumbo.jpg

Generally you should judge someone's accomplishment inside that sport. I don't understand why you are bringing up stuff outside that sport like some parole officer doing a background check. But sherdoggers have this idea that an mma fighter should have samurai ideas of honor and respect in a sport where you can break someone's arm and cave someone's head in with a kick. strange criteria. When I look at Jon's resume, it's like something out of a final boss in a video game. He literally defeated 5 former champions in a row from 2011 to 2012 and over a dozen of title defenses. It must piss off the inbreds on this site that they don't have a saved up gif of him being knocked out or submitted.

I hate Jon but can respect his greatness.
If it wasn't for the *, then he's undoubtedly the GOAT.
But.....

Lance Armstrong was the GOAT of cycling until they took away his titles, but to be fair he probably still is the GOAT given the nature of the sport.

I hate Jon but can respect his greatness.
If it wasn't for the *, then he's undoubtedly the GOAT.
But.....

I don't hate Jon. In fact, he's so creative and unorthodox in his fighting that he's exactly the type of fighter I want to be fan of. But I really can't overlook all the shittiness.

Sugar Ray Robinson was a domestic abuser and womanizer. You can dig many skeletons out of his closet.

Just a random thought.

Just a random thought.

Ruth/Bonds in baseball?

Just a random thought.
He's broken the mold alright, the pulsing picogram mold.

Back