Observation that suggests Jones isn't GOAT

Think about every GOAT in every sport you can think of: Tom Brady in football, MJ in b-ball, Pele in soccer, Ali (or whoever you think) in boxing, Phelps in swimming, Nicklaus in golf, Federer in tennis, etc

Every GOAT I can think of has some poise, character, can inspire others, and isn't a POS. They don't spend half their lives in strip clubs, doped up and driving drunk, killing or beating women. Yes, there were some evil people doing evil things in other sports (Tyson in boxing, for example), but they've never been considered the best their sport had to offer.

If Jones is the GOAT of MMA, he's really broken the mold.

Just a random thought.

To the contrary the main reason MJ is considered the GOAT in basketball is specifically because he WAS a POS.

Think about every GOAT in every sport you can think of: Tom Brady in football, MJ in b-ball, Pele in soccer, Ali (or whoever you think) in boxing, Phelps in swimming, Nicklaus in golf, Federer in tennis, etc

Every GOAT I can think of has some poise, character, can inspire others, and isn't a POS. They don't spend half their lives in strip clubs, doped up and driving drunk, killing or beating women. Yes, there were some evil people doing evil things in other sports (Tyson in boxing, for example), but they've never been considered the best their sport had to offer.

Just a random thought.
A rendom-female inspired thought indeed.

How many of these GOATS are cage fighters that are paid to brutally beat the shit out of other men, half-naked in cages for our entertainment?

Either rendering opponents by force or submission?

Pull your panties up.

(FYI- white Americans HATED Ali in the 60s, it wasnt until his career ended they liked him)

Just a random thought.
I don’t evaluate success based on how warm and fuzzy I get when I think of someone’s personality

It has nothing to do with being goat, if you are the best in your sport even if you are a child rapist, it doesn't matter you are still the goat

No GOAT should have so many failed test that it has its own wiki section, yeah yeah blah blah blah everybody’s on steroids sure but if you pop it means you don’t know how to work around it or your doing more then everybody else
IMG_7215.jpeg

Just a random thought.

I mean, it's fighting mate, people like Conor, Jon Jones, Tyson Fury, these are some crazy individuals.

Yeah, you get some real pros like GSP, but you get a lot of douchebags too.

A rendom-female inspired thought indeed.

How many of these GOATS are cage fighters that are paid to brutally beat the shit out of other men, half-naked in cages for our entertainment?

Either rendering opponents by force or submission?

Pull your panties up.

(FYI- white Americans HATED Ali in the 60s, it wasnt until his career ended they liked him)
Totally different times and different personalities, mentally Ali was an arab and Jones is closer to white boy

Jones only beat Cyril Gane at HW. And the Stipe he is about to fight, isn't on the same level as the Stipe, who 5-6 years ago, was clearly the best boxer ever of all time. In addition, Jones hasn't fought anyone on the caliber of the 10-12 years ago Stefan Struve, who absolutely smoked Stipe, who 5-6 years ago, was the best boxer of all time. Therefore, Jones isn't the GOAT at all. Stefan Struve is. His win 10-12 years ago over Stipe, is the single greatest crowning achievement in HW history.

Just a random thought.
At least two of the people you listed were known to be POS in their personal life. MJ was a degenerate gambler who's debts may or may not have been the reason his father was killed and had multiple affiars...Ali cheated on wives and physically abused at least one. Overall how someone conducts themselves in their personal lifes has less bearing on their potential then how hard they work on their craft and natual talent imo

Just a random thought.

Well this is a bold strategy, I generally go through a fighters resume to decide if they're the GOAT, based on that Jones is GOAT

Oh, I thought you meant that he was still GOAT of cycling because the "nature of the sport" involved PEDs.

It's pretty much accepted knowledge that all the top cyclists take loads of PEDs.

Breaking the mold = pissing holes through test cups.

Just a random thought.
You just explained why GSP is GOAT

Lance Armstrong was the GOAT of cycling until they took away his titles, but to be fair he probably still is the GOAT given the nature of the sport.

No, he wasn't.
iu

Just a random thought.
Who care if a Guy who fight in the Cage inspire you ? Fight game it's different it's brutal, dirty and only the strongests survive MMA fighters job it's destroy another human being body.

I don't care Jones it's the best Fighter in this planet!! I watch K1, Muay Thai, MMA, Boxing no one can touch Jones in a Real fight.

The fact that he’s put up a GOAT career in spite of him being a mess in his personal life is even more impressive. Most talented MMA fighter ever

Just a random thought.
It's the cheating. That's why he can't be goat.

Back