185 lbs x 5
225 lbs x 5
275 lbs x 3
315 lbs x 2
365 lbs x 1
415 lbs x 1
470 lbs x 1 (+5 lbs PR)
*An ugly grinder, but I'll take it.

Another PR, nice. I'm hoping to catch your front squat, or at least get very close, by the end of the year...but as easy as your last one looked, that's going to be very difficult...

Oh dang, it must be that time of year... time for Oblivian to hit PRs every week for a month! Nice PRs and good choice of music. Old school Rancid FTW.

QFT! Congrats on all the PRs.

Sorry to burst your bubble Xtrainer...

Warmup
Jump Rope + Heavy Bag: 10 minutes

Front Squats
135 lbs x 5
185 lbs x 5
225 lbs x 3
275 lbs x 2
315 lbs x 1
385 lbs x 1 (+10 lbs PR)

Sorry to burst your bubble Xtrainer...

Warmup

Front Squats
135 lbs x 5
185 lbs x 5
225 lbs x 3
275 lbs x 2
315 lbs x 1
385 lbs x 1 (+10 lbs PR)

Yeah, I probably won't get there LOL. I'll see how close I can get, though.

Do you feel like your front squat adds to your DL? I'm thinking about going full out crazy on the FS beginning with that 20 rep program. You have any suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

Do you feel like your front squat adds to your DL? I'm thinking about going full out crazy on the FS beginning with that 20 rep program. You have any suggestions?

I'm sure there is some carryover, but I don't really know. We'll find out soon enough though. I've added a shitload to my Front Squat, so it will be interesting to see where my Deadlift ends up. I"m guessing I can't Deadlift 500 right now though. The back injury really fucked me up and Deadlift is a lift that I have to train to stay sharp on.

Warmup

Push Press
95 lbs x 5
135 lbs x 5
185 lbs x 3
225 lbs x 2
255 lbs x 1
290 lbs x fail (lost balance at top of lockout)
290 lbs x 1 (+5 lbs PR)

Warmup

Squats
135 lbs x 5
185 lbs x 5
225 lbs x 5
275 lbs x 3
315 lbs x 2
405 lbs x 1
475 lbs x 1
*Even though this is an ugly grinder, I'm happy with it. I had all the excuses to bail it (4 hours sleep, 3rd day lifting in a row, Xmas stress, etc.), but I pushed through. Definitely done for the year with Squat PRs.

awesome. Nice squat. Im guessing 500 is a goal of yours in 2012?

Oblivian, where did you get your rack? I haven't seen one with no top on it before...

Nice Squatting, BTW!

Thanks.

Calvus - it's a sumo rack. Here is the link: SUMO RACK I have the added inserts for the front.

Thanks all. PR season is officially over. Tried 295 lbs on Push Press and it wasn't happening. I then went for 225 lbs on SOHP. I got the weight over my head, but I wasn't satisfied with the video. It looks like I used a little bit of unintentional leg drive.

New routine starts tomorrow. It will be pretty light to start, so this log will become very boring.

So are you done pressing heavy? You're a little ahead of us by Calvus and I were going to do a little race to 225. You interested?

So are you done pressing heavy? You're a little ahead of us by Calvus and I were going to do a little race to 225. You interested?

Ya, I'm done pressing. I will probably get back to it towards the end of 2012. I'm going to be a bench monkey for a while.

First day of new routine.

Warmup

Deadlifts
135 lbs x 5
225 lbs x 5
295 lbs x 3
345 lbs x 2
405 lbs x 1 x 10 sets
*First day back to deadlifts. All were beltless and rest periods were fairly short. I can't say they felt awesome, but they went up fine.

Bench Press (Speed Work)
135 lbs x 5
165 lbs x 5
185 lbs x 5
185 lbs x 14
*Keeping grip pretty close on speed work.

Back